Thread: Vitamin D is my cure!

Default Vitamin D is my cure!

I hope I am not speaking too soon (because it's happened a few times) but I believe I have found a cure for my rosacea. Vitamin D! I started taking it just last week, along with Vitamin B-12, and within a day my skin cleared up. Granted, my rosacea wasn't horrible, but I always have blotches and they bother me to no end. Thankfully I have had fabulous makeup to cover it up but now I don't have to wear ANY makeup. My skin is now clear, smooth, with a healthy pink glow on the cheeks. I'm crazy surprised this happened. I took the vitamins for dietary reasons, not for my skin.

For those that are curious, I am taking 1,000 IU's a day of Vitamin D-3 with dinner, the brand Source Naturals. But I am sure any brand would be fine.

I just wanted to share with everyone my excitement and with the hopes that this will be a cure for someone else. I guess I had a Vitamin D deficiency.
    On the Elimination Diet. Supplements: Omega 3 fish oil and Vitamin D3. Products: Aveeno Active Naturals bar soap, Aveeno Ulta-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15, and Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion.

Congrats. Could be the b vitamin? I know my rosacea actually started when I began vitD. But everyone is different. I'm having some decent results with b complex at the moment. But could also be the apple cider vinegar. ..

Azzachazza, I have tried B complex in the past and didn't see any change to my skin, then again I had to stop using it because it made me dizzy and exhausted. But the B-12 doesn't make me feel any different, so I can stick with it. It could absolutely be the B-12, or a combination of the two vitamins? I was reading about how fantastic Vitamin D is for the skin, so I assumed that was the one that was working.

A long time ago I was taking a multi-vitamin and my skin was HORRIBLE. Once I stopped taking it, it cleared up. I believe it was the chromium because I have a allergy to chromium and when I eat foods high in chromium my skin gets worse. So, I think everyone is different as to what their body can and cannot handle.
    On the Elimination Diet. Supplements: Omega 3 fish oil and Vitamin D3. Products: Aveeno Active Naturals bar soap, Aveeno Ulta-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15, and Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion.

Jenny, sorry for being a bit investigative, but what happened last time you tried it in 2010, was the D-vitamin levels too high?

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...l=1#post241312

I think we need to try out things a bit longer than for a week to know that it is successful, my guess is at least three months.

I am not taking D-vitamins in the summer as I believe we get that from the sun (I have sun block every day on my face). But I will start taking it now.

Thomas, Hah! I don't even remember trying it out back in 2010! What I do know was that back then I was also taking a multi-vitamin. I later found that the multi-vitamin was causing me to have terrible rosacea because of the chromium in it, which I am allergic to. I stopped taking it and my skin improved significantly, but i still experienced blotching, just not nearly as bad. But yes, you should absolutely judge the efficacy of something after more time. I just got excited and wanted to share! I have been doing some reading about Vitamin D and it seems like if you get too little or get too much Vitamin D your skin will react negatively. I see that in 2010 I was on a much higher dose of D. So perhaps that was just too much. I will see how things progress, or not, over the next few months with this vitamin.

It was not my intention to be "nosy", Jenni. I am one of those people who have bought tons of products out of recommendations just to find out that they are working for a short time or not at all, that is why I now want to see the things that people have long term success with.

I hope that your success is continuing, please keep us updated

Negative police stepping in.. You do know that when you try anti biotics they can have a good first initial reaction but than can just top working and your can flare up again right?? You have to be taking a lot of the right supplements plus balance them out in a perfect manner so your body cannot become non responsive to them, to have good long term results... Saying Vitamin D cured your Rosacea when just using them for a week is sending out the wrong message.. We need to take this disease more seriously people when using the word ''cure''