Thread: redness in cheeks HELP!!!

Post redness in cheeks HELP!!!

hi I'm a 21 year old male from the UK and i suffer from redness in just the cheeks i don't have all the time its only in certain occasions e.g. Cold/hot weather, exercising, if i laugh too much etc. i dread doing anything sociable because i think about being ridiculed if my cheeks go red, I'm not a very shy person but ever since the first time someone mentioned my cheeks when i was about 16 I've never been comfortable doing anything. i'm not going to lie to you all my diet isn't great either but i maintain an average build and my fitness level pretty good i would love to get some feedback, should i see my doctor and get the embarrassing part of talking to someone face to face about it? should i be taking certain antibiotics? let me know what you think thanks so much.

Default re

sounds like you get flushing more than roseacea..apparently there are drugs that will target random flushing. as for me i'm on oracea since i have constant redness. flushing is in some cases a precursor to rosacea, so it would be best for you to consult with a dermatologist that is knowledgable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey24151 View Post
    hi I'm a 21 year old male from the UK and i suffer from redness in just the cheeks i don't have all the time its only in certain occasions e.g. Cold/hot weather, exercising, if i laugh too much etc. i dread doing anything sociable because i think about being ridiculed if my cheeks go red, I'm not a very shy person but ever since the first time someone mentioned my cheeks when i was about 16 I've never been comfortable doing anything. i'm not going to lie to you all my diet isn't great either but i maintain an average build and my fitness level pretty good i would love to get some feedback, should i see my doctor and get the embarrassing part of talking to someone face to face about it? should i be taking certain antibiotics? let me know what you think thanks so much.

Clonidine and/or propranolol might be helpful for you you!

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    it would be best for you to consult with a dermatologist that is knowledgable.
    That is the trick--finding a dermatologist who's any good with rosacea.

@ O.P. Clonidine or a beta blocker may be helpful for you. Your story reminds me of being in high school class rooms and having my face feeling hot for no apparent reason. It didn't cause me much concern at the time, but looking back, I understand now it was pre-rosacea.

Personally, I'm skeptical of the efficacy of antibiotics for subtype-1 rosacea, but some people here find they do help. I would think carefully before trying antibiotics, though, as they can cause problems in your gut that aren't easy to spot as they're occurring but nonetheless can make your face worse (for some).

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.