Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just had my first IPL treatment @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Default Update

Hey, just as a little update; i got my second IPL and at first i really thought my face was getting better. Then i had one bad flush at work one day, and now it looks like i never even started the ipl in the first place. My face is basically very red through out the day, people staring and what not. The only positive thing so far that seems to be permanent is that my pores are smaller and my face is a lot less oily.. which is pretty cool. But id give anything to not have to worry about flushing all day.

What is IPL? I go to a new dermi on Friday for rosace with a dash of adult acne that I just had come up about a yr ago. Gone are the days of "you have such pretty skin!" What I wouldn't give to hear that again! So I want to cover all options with this new dr! & can you add/follow people on here?

Exclamation Another update after 4 IPLS

Well after having all 4 treatments, i can say it did absolutely nothing. My skin continues to get worse, its getting less smooth, my pores seem to be getting bigger. I just dont know what to do guys. Iv bought some creams (anti-red) basically. And they don't help, although feel nice. They leave my skin all greasy. I think i have received some sun damage also from the ipl making my skin prone to it, I have some slight random scarring on the left side of my face. Im a delivery driver so i tend to drive a lot and the left side of my face would get the most sun. But i put sun screen on every day. But overall this is realllly getting to me. It basically ruined me socially. Im 20 now, back 2-3 years ago; i was having a fantastic life. Now i feel like everywhere i go, i just get stared at and not taking seriously. My face is usally a chronic red, although in some lighting's it looks almost normal.

So basically im just asking for help from anyone?? Should i try Low level light therapy? or will that reck my skin even more? Im planning on joining the navy soon, and rosacea doesn't disqualify you from anything; if would like to find a way to manage it so i don't look ridiculous. I was even considering make up, but as a dude; thats a hard step haha.

Side note: My hands and feet also get really red. Its like i have too much blood and it just gets stuck in the ends of my limbs hahaha. But any help is apreciated, good luck to all and thankyou for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Veterano View Post
    Well after having all 4 treatments, i can say it did absolutely nothing. My skin continues to get worse, its getting less smooth, my pores seem to be getting bigger. I just dont know what to do guys. Iv bought some creams (anti-red) basically. And they don't help, although feel nice. They leave my skin all greasy. I think i have received some sun damage also from the ipl making my skin prone to it, I have some slight random scarring on the left side of my face. Im a delivery driver so i tend to drive a lot and the left side of my face would get the most sun. But i put sun screen on every day. But overall this is realllly getting to me. It basically ruined me socially. Im 20 now, back 2-3 years ago; i was having a fantastic life. Now i feel like everywhere i go, i just get stared at and not taking seriously. My face is usally a chronic red, although in some lighting's it looks almost normal.

So basically im just asking for help from anyone?? Should i try Low level light therapy? or will that reck my skin even more? Im planning on joining the navy soon, and rosacea doesn't disqualify you from anything; if would like to find a way to manage it so i don't look ridiculous. I was even considering make up, but as a dude; thats a hard step haha.

Side note: My hands and feet also get really red. Its like i have too much blood and it just gets stuck in the ends of my limbs hahaha. But any help is apreciated, good luck to all and thankyou for your time!
    Low level red light therapy won't hurt you. It has a completely different mechanism of action than IPL or lasers. I'd urge you to try it--it has been the single best therapy I've encountered for my subtype-1 very hardcore flushing and redness. PM me if you have any questions.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.