Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had my first IPL treatment @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Default Just had my first IPL treatment @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hi, I got Rosacea about a year ago. It started just as flushing when i was drinking alcohol, then one morning the flushing never went away. So for the past year or more iv basically just had a chronic red face. And yesterday i got my first IPL treatment out of 4. I was wondering what can i expect with my results? So far i havnt noticed much, it may be a little better but not much. Will i see results from the first treatment in a few days? And how serious are they about being in the sun after the treatment?

Basically overall i just wanted to ask you guys if after these treatments, will my face look normal again?

Thank you

P.S. i'm new to this forum

I just had my first treatment (vbeam perfecta) done 15 days ago so i'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm just putting my faith in my doctor and taking it one day at a time. I also plan on having 3 - 4 treatments done.

I'd definitely try and stay out of the direct sun as much as possible and be sure to wear sunscreen (obviously). I'm trying to avoid my other triggers as well. (no Octoberfest for me this year)

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    I just had my first treatment (vbeam perfecta) done 15 days ago so i'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm just putting my faith in my doctor and taking it one day at a time. I also plan on having 3 - 4 treatments done.

I'd definitely try and stay out of the direct sun as much as possible and be sure to wear sunscreen (obviously). I'm trying to avoid my other triggers as well. (no Octoberfest for me this year)
    Hahaha yeah i hear you. Let me know how your second treatment goes since you'll be getting it 15 days before me. Is there much of a difference with IPL and Vbeam lasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Veterano View Post
    Hahaha yeah i hear you. Let me know how your second treatment goes since you'll be getting it 15 days before me. Is there much of a difference with IPL and Vbeam lasers?
    I'm not really sure what the exact difference is. My derm just recommended that I go with Vbeam. I flush very easy and have some standing redness.

Have you seen anymore results since your last post?

Default nah

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    I'm not really sure what the exact difference is. My derm just recommended that I go with Vbeam. I flush very easy and have some standing redness.

Have you seen anymore results since your last post?
    No i really haven't, maybe a lil but i cant really notice it; also i'm a little more sensitive to the sun. it has been 5 days since, so im kinda just banking on the result of future treatments. I also flush very easy, and have a pretty baseline redness to my face. This has only started a year ago, graduating high school. **** timing right? haha

But keep me updated on your results.

No i really haven't, maybe a lil but i cant really notice it; also i'm a little more sensitive to the sun. it has been 5 days since, so im kinda just banking on the result of future treatments. I also flush very easy, and have a pretty baseline redness to my face. This has only started a year ago, graduating high school. **** timing right? haha

Yeah, but at least you're getting it taken care of at a young age.

If you truly want your IPL treatment to have a chance of wor
    No sun. Period. Ever. Your skin after IPL is wide open for sun
    Damage and it happens in a blink of the eye. You will
    Cause hyper pigmentation and your hopes for rosacea to be
    Reversed will be dashed. Please read other threads on IPL
    Info/ damage on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    If you truly want your IPL treatment to have a chance of wor
    No sun. Period. Ever. Your skin after IPL is wide open for sun
    Damage and it happens in a blink of the eye. You will
    Cause hyper pigmentation and your hopes for rosacea to be
    Reversed will be dashed. Please read other threads on IPL
    Info/ damage on this forum.
    Hopefully you'll see more improvement in your next treatments and it will become clearer and clearer that they're helping.

However, your symptoms will very likely return--IPL/laser are not permanent solutions in a once-and-done fashion. Given you're young and have symptoms at this time, it may really benefit you to think about managing your rosacea through a low-carb, anti-inflammatory diet. I'd also suggest looking into low-level red light therapy to maximize your IPL treatment results. If you have any questions about RLT, please feel free ask away or PM me.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post
    Hopefully you'll see more improvement in your next treatments and it will become clearer and clearer that they're helping.

However, your symptoms will very likely return--IPL/laser are not permanent solutions in a once-and-done fashion. Given you're young and have symptoms at this time, it may really benefit you to think about managing your rosacea through a low-carb, anti-inflammatory diet. I'd also suggest looking into low-level red light therapy to maximize your IPL treatment results. If you have any questions about RLT, please feel free ask away or PM me.

Best,

David
    How long do you wait after treatments to start back up with RLT? I'm going in for my second V-Beam Perfecta treatment this Friday.

After you've been using RLT for awhile and are comfortable with it, you could use it the same day of a laser treatment to help calm down your reaction to the thermal injury from the laser or IPL treatment. Basically like putting ice packs on an injury--cutting down the inflammation response.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.