Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ivermectin Q&A

In my guesstimation about 40% of us will greatly benefit from topical Ivermectin,30% will show some improvement and the remaining 30% of us will be left scratching our heads. It seems to me that at least once a month Pubmed report some new way that an Acneiform facial rash can be induced. In some cases researchers have identified the offending substance or topical device but not the mechanism. I know that Ivermectin wont be the entire solution for me. Decades of on/off different antibiotics have created a bigger problem for me. Bacteria resistance. I am a few months now on Azithromycin and Im now seeing it loosing the battle. Where I go from here I dont know.

Anyway Flurb keep us updated on your treatment with the Ivermectin paste.

I will Rory. And I know how rough it can be. At least somewhat. For me 3 years seems like an eternity but obviously some people have been suffering with it far longer. Even when a new treatment doesn't work, I try to look at the fact that new medicine and treatments are happening faster then ever now and perhaps the right thing comes around. Hopefully sooner than later.

Check out my posts in Photos. Might be of some help.

Hey Iverdoneit,

I'm glad you replied actually. You're photo thread is what inspired me to try Ivermectin.

Is progress still good? Any further updates or additions to your routine that may help anyone trying Ivermectin?

My run of Ivermectin has (maybe temporarily) concluded. The store I was buying it from ran out and I am going to try some other stuff to see if it can keep the healing process going.

I think I ended up using 4 .2oz tubes of 1.87% Ivermectin over the course of about 2 weeks. Once a day (missing maybe 2 days I think.) Results were pretty good. Huge reduction of acne-like bumps and pustules. Still a very small amount here and there but about a 85% reduction in that. Redness down maybe...60%? I still can get flushed from time to time so it's hard to really tell. On average it seems less red though. The only thing is that my face still has a rough look to it. Most of the skin is just damaged looking. Hard to explain but I feel many know what I mean. Big pores, creases , etc. I hope this stuff heals in time but who knows.

I am currently (as of last night) using Pierce's All Purpose Nu-Stock which is basically a cream with a very high sulfur content. Another user on this forum posted about it with success and I have a good feeling about it. The Ivermectin seemed to be plateauing so I hope this can finish the job and bring my skin to normal.

Even though this thread was intended as a guide for people wanting to try Ivermectin, I'm gonna conclude this post with my new regimen.

-Morning: Wash face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar. Moisturize with Jergens Shea Butter Moisturizer mixed with 3 drops of tea tree oil.
    -Night: Wash face with Cetaphil Bar (I may just cleanse with water if this seems too drying after a while.) Apply even mixture of Shea Butter Moisturizer, Nu-Stock and add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil.

I should probably just make a blog for my updates now, huh?

Default Photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Iverdoneit View Post
    Hi. I'm having trouble finding your photos. Can you direct me to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Iverdoneit View Post
    I don't know if you are still on the forum but I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind?