Thread: Vitamin D updates?

Default Vitamin D updates?

I know a few years back there was a big discussion on this forum about vitamin d and rosacea and how it helped some. Especially Idan.

I'm curious if anyone has any updates on there condition and vitamin d levels. Any success stories with vitamin d? If so, at what level did you find improvement ? Anything else you can tell us,

Thanks!
    Doug

I would say vit D3 supplementation is definitely a piece of the puzzle for me. I have been on 10,000 IU per day for about the past 2 months. Before that I had only been taking 2,000-4,000 IU and it was not enough to raise my levels into the normal range. As it is winter here and very rainy I would say I have been getting almost no natural sunlight each day. FYI, my naturopath recommended the high dose-- I would not have felt comfortable going this high on my own for this long of a period. I have not been retested recently to see what my levels are, but I am sure she will order that soon.

The high vit D3 supplementation is very good for lifting my mood, more so than other supplements I take. My rosacea is well controlled now and I have done a number of different things to try to help it such as correcting gut issues and other vitamin/mineral deficiencies so it is difficult to say how much vit D supplementation specifically has helped. It clearly has not eliminated my rosacea as I have been been having minor temporary redness occasionally after eating recently--ginger and garlic seem to set it off-- I have been recuperating from an illness that started with stomach upset this winter and I think that has something to do with my skin being more reactive. I have a number of health issues besides the rosacea (primarily chronic muscle tension and pain) and I think the vit D3 is helping with some of those so I will continue to take it to raise my levels as long as I am seeing improvement in rosacea and the other problems.