Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis - European products hard to get hold of

Hi birdie. Was it the cream or the foaming gel you bought? It's the foaming gel that I think looks the most promising. Finally mine arrived in the post the other day and it was the DS+ Foaming gel which has completely different ingredients to the original ds foaming gel! So frustrating.

I find honey doesn't cleanse sufficiently allowing the seb derm to build up around my nose and forehead making things worse. Also it gives me acne in my stubble.

Good luck with the cream though mate and keep me updated!

I found several of the products on ebay, this is usually a good place to find things not easily available. Hope you can take a look.

Tomas I am a little bit insulted you think I havn't had the initiative to check eBay!! like I said the biogena DS+ is easy to find but has completely different ingredients to the original DS which is proving impossible to find.

Sorry, but you will be surprised if you knew how many people that don't know this

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by fudgee View Post
    Hi birdie. Was it the cream or the foaming gel you bought? It's the foaming gel that I think looks the most promising. Finally mine arrived in the post the other day and it was the DS+ Foaming gel which has completely different ingredients to the original ds foaming gel! So frustrating.

I find honey doesn't cleanse sufficiently allowing the seb derm to build up around my nose and forehead making things worse. Also it gives me acne in my stubble.

Good luck with the cream though mate and keep me updated!
    Sorry fudgee I lost track of this thread. Totally agree the bio derma products are
    Elusive.... I received the cream. I stopped using it as it only increased seb derm.

Also, another poster in this thread said raw honey doesn't cleanse well enough.
    Two suggestions: leave honey on for 5 minute washes. Or, a product called
    Bioderma crealine H2O I have been experimenting with because even though
    I wear a tiny tiny bit of make up, honey will not remove it. This product, soaked
    On a cotton pad, is gentle. No sting, no burn and skin softly clean. And every
    Ingredient is ok except it has some mineral oil in it. So after I cleanse with this,
    Then I lightly cleanse with raw honey. Sometimes if my skin is too pink, I just
    Wash with the Bioderma. It is a no rinse cleanser. Less is best. If my skin
    Is terribly irritated, I wash only with distilled water. Then in the morning, if
    All is calm, wash with honey. Birdie

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Sorry fudgee I lost track of this thread. Totally agree the bio derma products are
    Elusive.... I received the cream. I stopped using it as it only increased seb derm.

Also, another poster in this thread said raw honey doesn't cleanse well enough.
    Two suggestions: leave honey on for 5 minute washes. Or, a product called
    Bioderma crealine H2O I have been experimenting with because even though
    I wear a tiny tiny bit of make up, honey will not remove it. This product, soaked
    On a cotton pad, is gentle. No sting, no burn and skin softly clean. And every
    Ingredient is ok except it has some mineral oil in it. So after I cleanse with this,
    Then I lightly cleanse with raw honey. Sometimes if my skin is too pink, I just
    Wash with the Bioderma. It is a no rinse cleanser. Less is best. If my skin
    Is terribly irritated, I wash only with distilled water. Then in the morning, if
    All is calm, wash with honey. Birdie

Birdie, since I am trying to adopt the thinking that you and a few others here practice which is "less is better" and Natalja using no moisturizers, I have very recently dropped all cleansers and moisturizers. The only topical I am using right now is a little Lotrimin Ultra cream on my eyebrows to alleviate some of the seb derm issues and very light exfoliation with Avene thermal water, I wanted to ask you if you thought the Bioderma sensible/crealine H2O would benefit forehead skin better than Avene thermal water with light exfoliation with a muslin cloth. Being a male, I have no makeup to remove; however, the reviews are so positive about the Bioderma and considering the fact that you have S D issues, I wondered if you find it beneficial even if you had no makeup to remove. Thank you for your thoughts. Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry View Post
    Birdie, since I am trying to adopt the thinking that you and a few others here practice which is "less is better" and Natalja using no moisturizers, I have very recently dropped all cleansers and moisturizers. The only topical I am using right now is a little Lotrimin Ultra cream on my eyebrows to alleviate some of the seb derm issues and very light exfoliation with Avene thermal water, I wanted to ask you if you thought the Bioderma sensible/crealine H2O would benefit forehead skin better than Avene thermal water with light exfoliation with a muslin cloth. Being a male, I have no makeup to remove; however, the reviews are so positive about the Bioderma and considering the fact that you have S D issues, I wondered if you find it beneficial even if you had no makeup to remove. Thank you for your thoughts. Ronnie

Hi Mayberry. Not sure my answer will be very satisfying.
    All you can do is try it:/ personally, I do not rub or exfoliate
    My skin. It causes rosacea flare. The bioderma product
    Is very very mild cleanser. And has very few ingredients.
    But the mineral oil..... So, honey is a natural exfoliator.
    Sometimes I rub the honey and water into an area
    With a q tip very gently. Avene thermal water is a
    Great product. I would never give it up but I do
    Not consider it to be my " cleanser". The bioderma
    Product looks like water. I like that. Hope this
    Helps. Birdie

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Hi Mayberry. Not sure my answer will be very satisfying.
    All you can do is try it:/ personally, I do not rub or exfoliate
    My skin. It causes rosacea flare. The bioderma product
    Is very very mild cleanser. And has very few ingredients.
    But the mineral oil..... So, honey is a natural exfoliator.
    Sometimes I rub the honey and water into an area
    With a q tip very gently. Avene thermal water is a
    Great product. I would never give it up but I do
    Not consider it to be my " cleanser". The bioderma
    Product looks like water. I like that. Hope this
    Helps. Birdie
    What may I ask, Birdie, do you use as a moisturizer to offset the drying effect of the honey cleanse? Assuming you do a full face honey cleanse. Thank you.