Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant warmth rather than flushing

Default Constant warmth rather than flushing

Hi,

My subtype 1 is on the right side of my face and the tip if my nose (I'm worried about it progressing to the left side as my right side has got progressively worse lately.

I'm finding that for the majority of the day my right side is warm and uncomfortable which gets worse with triggers that cause a flush.

To those who have managed to get their's under control does this warm uncomfortable feeling subside as well as the flushes/burning?

On a nice cool day outdoors it subsides but indoors it's constantly there and is getting me down.

I'm getting an apt with a derm next week and I'm trying to alter my diet too. Rosacea, for the first time in years, is becoming all consuming for me and I wonder if I'm making it worse by the constant anxiety.

Thanks

D

hey man yea sounds pretty similar to me, at first i had it mostly over my nose and under my eyes that sort of sunblock zone you know now that part has cooled down but my forehead is always warm, not too warm that its a flush but warm nonetheless, its quite annoying I hear you on that.

also for me it stops if i get cold. not much to do about it really.. the flushin meds could help you though worth a try if you dont mind chemicals. i began taking an ssri and noticed a fairly instant decrease in skin temp, then theres clonidine too which is also very effective. but hey dont get too down about it you're going to have to learn to live with it, it's not ideal but theres far worse things you could have to live with.. although it does **** my mind a bit thinking that ill have this for the rest of my life! it's a weird thought

I do have subtype two but I was warm and red long before then. Luckily, I don't get that extreme warmth anymore. I still get warm and now with knowledge I take precautions, but still ever since I started treating, the warmth and accompaning sweat and/or swelling are completely gone in some areas and greatly reduced in others.

Diet can be tricky. Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by tangledupinblue View Post
    hey man yea sounds pretty similar to me, at first i had it mostly over my nose and under my eyes that sort of sunblock zone you know now that part has cooled down but my forehead is always warm, not too warm that its a flush but warm nonetheless, its quite annoying I hear you on that.

also for me it stops if i get cold. not much to do about it really.. the flushin meds could help you though worth a try if you dont mind chemicals. i began taking an ssri and noticed a fairly instant decrease in skin temp, then theres clonidine too which is also very effective. but hey dont get too down about it you're going to have to learn to live with it, it's not ideal but theres far worse things you could have to live with.. although it does **** my mind a bit thinking that ill have this for the rest of my life! it's a weird thought
    Cheers mate. What's a ssri?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    I do have subtype two but I was warm and red long before then. Luckily, I don't get that extreme warmth anymore. I still get warm and now with knowledge I take precautions, but still ever since I started treating, the warmth and accompaning sweat and/or swelling are completely gone in some areas and greatly reduced in others.

Diet can be tricky. Best wishes!
    Thanks for the response. What treatment do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by DS77 View Post
    Hi,

My subtype 1 is on the right side of my face and the tip if my nose (I'm worried about it progressing to the left side as my right side has got progressively worse lately.

I'm finding that for the majority of the day my right side is warm and uncomfortable which gets worse with triggers that cause a flush.

To those who have managed to get their's under control does this warm uncomfortable feeling subside as well as the flushes/burning?

On a nice cool day outdoors it subsides but indoors it's constantly there and is getting me down.

I'm getting an apt with a derm next week and I'm trying to alter my diet too. Rosacea, for the first time in years, is becoming all consuming for me and I wonder if I'm making it worse by the constant anxiety.

Thanks

D
    Isnt it beyond the joke that in the last 30 years or so they haven't come up with a simple solution to stop people going red for good [without a rebound]

Useless , good for nothing that's what they all are . It really should be solved by now .

how many solutions have you come up with big shot?'

Quote Originally Posted by tangledupinblue View Post
    how many solutions have you come up with big shot?'
    That's twice now you are after getting cheeky with me . I left you off the first time

Are you as stupid as your silly name .

Am I the one getting paid to come up with finding a solution ?

Do I work for a company like Galderma ?

Am I a Skin Doctor ?

Quote Originally Posted by DS77 View Post
    Thanks for the response. What treatment do you take?
    A sulphur and salicylic acid shampoo, and tea tree oil. The first time I used a tea tree oil lotion was like coming home. Before I had an extremely dry face and nothing to put on that I liked, with treatments the dryness is gone too. The key is to treat a much larger area than the (appearing to be) affected one.
    I use a few remedies internally as well but I started that later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    A sulphur and salicylic acid shampoo, and tea tree oil. The first time I used a tea tree oil lotion was like coming home. Before I had an extremely dry face and nothing to put on that I liked, with treatments the dryness is gone too. The key is to treat a much larger area than the (appearing to be) affected one.
    I use a few remedies internally as well but I started that later on.
    Thanks.