Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Success with pulsed dye laser (Cynergy and Vbeam Perfecta)

Yeah I said in my original post before seeing any pictures it didn't sound like kprf because of no flushing but I guess you just got lucky on that unlike myself.

It does look kinda like KPRF.

Do you have KP on your upper arms or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Yeah I said in my original post before seeing any pictures it didn't sound like kprf because of no flushing but I guess you just got lucky on that unlike myself.

It does look kinda like KPRF.

Do you have KP on your upper arms or anything?

I don't know why people link KP and KPRF together . Its like comparing black and white .

there are thousands of people who have KPRF [Red face / Flushing ] and don't have that other silly KP disease [Which is not worth crying over ]

Quote Originally Posted by DogVan View Post
    Hi!

Sooo moving forward in time to the past couple of weeks; I have had a consultation for the Vbeam Perfecta AND a treatment yesterday. This was at the PHI clinic with a lovely member of staff called SK who really put me at ease (unlike a different clinic I went to a week before PHI that tried to sell me "cream" for 125..) -- just to note I chose to use the Vbeam Perfecta because of the reports that it can do the same results as the cynergy but without bruising, it had nothing to do with my old doctor and if I wasn't working I'd probably still use the cynergy and put up with the bruising.

Hi DogVan, I've had two non-bruising treatments at the same clinic with good results. I only had fairly mild redness but quite a bad flushing problem which Vbeam (+ medication) has helped with greatly. Best of luck with your treatment, just be patient and stay positive

Username - I do have KP on my upper arms and trunk and thighs - I wouldn't be surprised if the facial redness was KPRF, but it's strange as my grandad and mum has definite rosacea (butterly shape on nose and cheeks) yet me and my brother have different type redness on our cheeks.. Either way I can't find out without having a lump taken from my cheek to be tested and I've been diagnosed differently.

Dave - this may be true but never say KP is nothing to "cry" about; my brother is just as conscious about his KP all over his body then he is his facial redness and will not go swimming for example because of it... I've seen your posts on one of the vbeam topics and tbh with the greatest of respect if you can't say anything that will make people feel better please don't say anything at all.

Fed_up - many thanks, I'm so pleased you are getting results at the same clinic - I'm feeling a lot more positive this week (other than exercise when the flushing is quite bad, but that should improve in time )

Username - I do have KP on my upper arms and trunk and thighs - I wouldn't be surprised if the facial redness was KPRF, but it's strange as my grandad and mum has definite rosacea (butterly shape on nose and cheeks) yet me and my brother have different type redness on our cheeks.. Either way I can't find out without having a lump taken from my cheek to be tested and I've been diagnosed differently.

Dave - this may be true but never say KP is nothing to "cry" about; my brother is just as conscious about his KP all over his body then he is his facial redness and will not go swimming for example because of it... I've seen your posts on one of the vbeam topics and tbh with the greatest of respect if you can't say anything that will make people feel better please don't say anything at all.

Fed_up - many thanks, I'm so pleased you are getting results at the same clinic - I'm feeling a lot more positive this week (other than exercise when the flushing is quite bad, but that should improve in time )

You see mate I don't live in Fantasy land .I don't bull**** around and I am entitled to speak my mind .

I would rather have KP any day instead of Rosacea . So tell your brother to stop crying because he cant go swimming . Hes not a 4 year old is he ?

Default Thanks DogVan!!

Thanks for posting your results. I'm reading all about laser
    For possible future and this is encouraging and hopeful. It
    Appears your skin is a lot less red/ although I know you are
    Flushing as you said for awhile after the procedure. Keep
    Posting your progress. It is inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    You see mate I don't live in Fantasy land .I don't bull**** around and I am entitled to speak my mind .

I would rather have KP any day instead of Rosacea . So tell your brother to stop crying because he cant go swimming . Hes not a 4 year old is he ?
    Speak your mind by all means; just know whilst I respect your opinion to some extent I am shocked by your total lack of empathy. I did in fact write that he has KPRF/rosacea as well - only this can be covered up slightly with foundation etc; purple KP all over the body (literally from trunk to toe) can't.

It's your kind of mindset ("stop crying/get over it") that causes people to feel so self conscious - but anyway, that's me speaking my mind..

Thanks Birdie Definitely go for it - as I've said, it's a long journey but worth it - my skin wasn't nearly as flushed today after cycling and I recovered from the flushing very quickly, so quite happy - I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by DogVan; 12th August 2014 at 08:23 PM.

Speak your mind by all means; just know whilst I respect your opinion to some extent I am shocked by your total lack of empathy. I did in fact write that he has KPRF/rosacea as well - only this can be covered up slightly with foundation etc; purple KP all over the body (literally from trunk to toe) can't.
    It's your kind of mindset ("stop crying/get over it") that causes people to feel so self conscious - but anyway, that's me speaking my mind..

Thanks Birdie Definitely go for it - as I've said, it's a long journey but worth it - my skin wasn't nearly as flushed today after cycling and I recovered from the flushing very quickly, so quite happy - I'll keep you updated.
    Im sorry to hear he has it this bad . I would have a lot of sympathy for your Brother in his situation . I wouldn't wish that on anyone .

How come You and your Brother have been both been struck down with Rosacea/ KPRF ?

Has to be in the genes . Do you have any Irish/ Celtic Parents or Grand Parents ?
    Last edited by davekelly; 12th August 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Im sorry to hear he has it this bad . I would have a lot of sympathy for your Brother in his situation . I wouldn't wish that on anyone .

How come You and your Brother have been both been struck down with Rosacea/ KPRF ?

Has to be in the genes . Do you have any Irish/ Celtic Parents or Grand Parents ?
    I appreciate everyone has their own opinion when it comes to things like the efficiency of laser and what is and isn't things to worry about - and even I'm guilty of some hypocrisy as I sometimes see people complain about something they are conscious of and I think "Really!?" when I compare it to people who have rosacea/KPRF/port wine stains - so I really do apologise if I came across as jumping at you in my previous posts.

We do indeed have a Celtic grandad, who has what really looks like type 1 rosacea (although he doesn't give a s*** about it and says we shouldn't either) - then my Mum has the same rosacea symptoms; whilst we have more KPRF symptoms it seems (redness over the cheeks in a kind of pattern with no redness on the nose) although I can't be sure exactly which it is as I've been diagnosed differently.

I think we're just at a stage where we will try anything to try and relieve our symptoms after the crap we dealt with especially at school, and for me in particular vbeam is my last hope before I pack in the towel and give up. Between us we've tried IPL, veinwave and every antibiotic/cream under the sun.... Cynergy PDL did help me in terms of reducing the colour from "beetroot-ish" to red, but it did not help my flushing and the bruising left annoying white circles so its effectiveness is debatable.

I appreciate everyone has their own opinion when it comes to things like the efficiency of laser and what is and isn't things to worry about - and even I'm guilty of some hypocrisy as I sometimes see people complain about something they are conscious of and I think "Really!?" when I compare it to people who have rosacea/KPRF/port wine stains - so I really do apologise if I came across as jumping at you in my previous posts.

We do indeed have a Celtic grandad, who has what really looks like type 1 rosacea (although he doesn't give a s*** about it and says we shouldn't either) - then my Mum has the same rosacea symptoms; whilst we have more KPRF symptoms it seems (redness over the cheeks in a kind of pattern with no redness on the nose) although I can't be sure exactly which it is as I've been diagnosed differently.

I think we're just at a stage where we will try anything to try and relieve our symptoms after the crap we dealt with especially at school, and for me in particular vbeam is my last hope before I pack in the towel and give up. Between us we've tried IPL, veinwave and every antibiotic/cream under the sun.... Cynergy PDL did help me in terms of reducing the colour from "beetroot-ish" to red, but it did not help my flushing and the bruising left annoying white circles so its effectiveness is debatable.
    Curse of the Celts . Red hair /Freckles and worst of all KPRF/Rosacea . Lovely gene to have .

That's the laser doing its job [Bruising] . But the big problem is it only hits some of the vessels and that's why we get white circles and that patchy look.

How many Laser treatments with Bruising can one get ? . Because its the only way of eliminating the redness for good .

4 treatments is just not enough .. You would need at least double that Id say