Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Success with pulsed dye laser (Cynergy and Vbeam Perfecta)

@Oschene23, how are You?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    @Oschene23, how are You?
    Okay thanks, I think there's been a slight improvement on my baseline redness since the treatment, but it is patchy. Booking in a second full-face treatment for the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post
    Okay thanks, I think there's been a slight improvement on my baseline redness since the treatment, but it is patchy. Booking in a second full-face treatment for the Summer.
    So about 2 months since your treatment. Has the redness and flushing improved at all?

Just to provide an update on my laser situation because I know its annoying when people dissapear...

I never went for the second laser treatment in June due to booking a last minute holiday and not wanting to have the side effects whilst there.

My first laser treatment fully recovered with no side effects apart from small hyperpigmentation which is now gone. However, the improvement was non-symmetrical perhaps 5-10% improvement on left cheek, with little difference in right cheek. Also, have got more improvement in outer cheek than inner cheek.

Not sure when I'm gonna be able to do another bruising treatment because haven't got the time off until July 2017 and then its hot/summer again. Would anyone recommend getting sub-purpuric or is it just pointless?

Also, desperate for any advice on what I can do topically for my baseline redness (e.g drugs/creams/foods etc..)? Have just ordered green tea extract & fish oils. I also take a multivitamin supplement. Currently just using Bulldog Original Mosituriser in the morning for my very dry skin & their sensitive face wash in the shower daily. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Just a reminder, I have KPRF not Rosacea.
    Last edited by Oschene23; 31st August 2016 at 06:32 PM.

Unfortunately KPRF nothing works. I was 9 vBeam treatments. Without improvement. I was 5 IPL, also no improvement.
    I take a multivitamin, vitamin C, D, K, Omega 3, nothing helps. I was on a diet Vege, nothing helps. The only thing that improves skin color is the sun, sunbathing and water (sea, swimming pool).

It is a genetic disease. Improper chromosomes. ;(
    There is Quadrostar Yellow Laser, but I don't know whether it makes sense to use it.

Maybe finally a cream will work? Maybe in Q1 2017 Allergan?

Default QuadrostarPRO Yellow Laser for KPAF/KPRF

Hi,

I have been reading posts on this forum for a while now and thought I would share my experiences.

I am 26 and have been struggling with severe KPAF/KPRF since I was 18. It completely covers my cheeks, eyebrows, and chin.

I have had two v-beam treatment at 7 joules on the shortest pulse without any improvement. The worst part about v-beam (as most of you know) is the swelling along with the downtime.

I have also had 3 treatments with the relatively new QuadrostarPRO Yellow Laser at 12 joules. Although it is hard to tell, I can't say I have seen any improvement.

During that time, I also tried a cream containing the active ingredient oxymetazoline that is expected to be commercially available in Q1 2017. According to Allergan, this cream (Azultro) was suppose to have no rebound but I can say for sure that for cases of KPAF/KPRF it most certainly does at 1% concentration. My advice is do not use this cream. It is as bad if not worse than Mirvaso.

As for the QuadrostarPRO Yellow Laser, if you are going to be treated with this laser you MUST be treated higher than 12 joules on the shortest pulse or you will not see any improvement and even then I'm not sure it will reduce your redness. I have seen some photos that a few other members have posted and I can honstly say that they are lucky. My condition is MUCH worse.

I'm not sure what else I am going to do, whether I will continue with the QPYL or not. I am almost at a loss with this condition. It's very depressing. But I hope my experiences are of some help to others. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DogVan View Post
    Hi!

I'm new to this forum and wanted to share my experience (both past and present) with pulsed dye lasers.

A quick intro: I'm nearly 19 years old, but noticed severe facial redness around the age of 14. I have been diagnosed with both rosacea and KPRF but I think it's rosacea, as it affects my cheeks, nose and forehead. I don't flush with alcohol/spicy food but I do with temperature change, stress and emotions. This caused me absolute misery during secondary school where everyone (even the kids in the lower school years) would constantly take the mick (I don't call it banter, it was pure bullying) - rosy McNosey was their favourite and add in the fact I was obese, yeah.. it was a depressing time. My cheeks in the winter would literally turn a beetroot colour. I left after my GCSEs and did my A levels at college before now working full time.

Let me just say I have tried almost every product available. I have tried going gluten free, dairy free, carb free etc. and this didn't work. I spent the 200 consultation fee (and the ridiculous 25 extra for cream) at Dr Newman's Veinwave clinic, and then the 395 for the actual veinwave treatment -- surprise surprise this didn't do anything. I am going to warn anyone NOT to use veinwave unless you have individual veins that need treating - Newman, Dr Finigan and the rest at that clinic are frauds (but that's my opinion).

It was in March 2012 that I went and saw a doctor at the Royal free hospital after looking into PDL. He was an extraordinary doctor and not once did I feel like I was being taken for a ride (in terms of promises/costs) - he said at the consultation that image-therapy might be a better option but I wanted to go ahead and do the laser (Cynosure Cynergy PDL). In total over nearly 2 years I had 4 bruising treatments and 1 non-bruising (200 a treatment). It helped that I was at college as I could use the holidays/half terms to take the 1-2 weeks needed for the bruising to go down.

The laser really did help (except the non-bruising which did nothing) and my facial redness was lessened. However, it was still red enough for me to be conscious and I still flush/react with temperature change in particular. To this day I can see the white circles where the laser worked. Since february this year I have focused a lot on changing my figure and have managed to lose 4 stone and am slowly toning up - even with my new body I realised that it was my face that was causing my self-conscious issues - I still can never walk by a mirror or reflective surface without looking and feeling like rubbish because of my face.

Sooo moving forward in time to the past couple of weeks; I have had a consultation for the Vbeam Perfecta AND a treatment yesterday. This was at the PHI clinic with a lovely member of staff called SK who really put me at ease (unlike a different clinic I went to a week before PHI that tried to sell me "cream" for 125..) -- just to note I chose to use the Vbeam Perfecta because of the reports that it can do the same results as the cynergy but without bruising, it had nothing to do with my old doctor and if I wasn't working I'd probably still use the cynergy and put up with the bruising.

Well what can I say? The treatment yesterday was quick, painless and thorough - the cool spray makes a remarkable difference and all of my face (even my nose which hasn't been done before with the laser) was treated, whilst my jaw bone which has always been a dark-red colour and resistant to the cynergy was stacked/bypassed. And I don't know if it's in my mind but today the once dark red skin looks the same colour as the rest of my cheeks. I know results aren't seen for a while but I am really feeling positive - I went for a bike ride yesterday and whilst I was hot my skin remained pink, whereas before it would go a dark red. Obviously it's difficult to comment on the effectiveness of the vbeam completely as I have had the 5 cynergy lasers before and maybe they are contributing to my overall results but I'd still recommend anyone to go for PDL! My brother has the same condition, went for 20 IPLs and it hasn't done anything, but he's now going to book in for the perfecta. FYI I was treated at 6 joules, whilst I never asked the joules for the cynergy, sorry.

I will keep you updated (have my 2nd treatment in 4 weeks) and will post some pics hopefully tomorrow showing before and after 5 cynergy/1 beam pics.

Wishing everyone all the best and stay strong while dealing with this horrible skin condition

Thanks so much for reading

Edit: I just want to add that in my experience PDL really does take time - you won't see results after 1/2 treatments - if you have that expectation you will just disappoint yourself - it took 4 treatment for me to finally think that it had done some good, and if I had carried on with the cynergy I would probably be redness free today. You need to invest the time and mental effort, and understand that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better - your skin is taking a pounding before it can heal itself.

Hi

Who was the doctor who did the V beam pulse dye laser treatment?

Thanks Phil

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    Hi

Who was the doctor who did the V beam pulse dye laser treatment?

Thanks Phil
    Hi Phil,

If you're looking for someone in the UK, PM me and i'll let you know my thoughts on who and where to go.

I hope those of you who have had PDL or even IPL are using a high factor sun screen after your treatments?

The photosensitivity of your skin after laser is in my mind a prime opportunity for a worsening or poor healing if you're caught out in the sun.

I had PDL twice on my face and also got the polka dot effect. I will likely need to go back and get the parts that were missed treated, and when I do, I will try to induce a flush right before the treatment to dramatise the problem areas.

Also, inducing a flush before laser REALLY makes it much more effective. During summer, my skin looks quite pale and it's hard for me to sometimes convince doctors that there's even a problem.

But come winter, and it looks bad.

I suggest you all start making bone broth to build collagen and at least give your skin a fighting chance. I too am worried about fat loss, and is something that the PDL (vBeam) clinician never mentioned.

I took it upon myself to get my diet in order so that my face would get the encouragment it needs: but I'm still wary (as well as weary *sigh*) and sceptical.

I have IPL a month ago to smooth out the dotty effect on my face and to even out the resulting patchiness. IPL obviously covers larger areas and is not an aggressive spot treatment.

The person treating me told me to do whatever I needed to do before the treatment to induce a flush. I went for a 20 minute run in the cold November air and my skin looked horrendous when I entered the warm clinic. I had the treatment and there was a slight improvement over the course of three weeks as my skin healed.

I'll be having another treatment in January.

Additionally I am covering my face in coconut oil with tea tree most nights. Tonight, my face is covered in Manuka honey!

Fight the good fight! Keep doing your research, educate yourself, be simultaneously hopeful and sceptical and be the healthiest version of you that is possible.

And OP - become a non-smoker! That does your body and your skin no good whatsoever.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.