Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help losing it :(

Default need help losing it :(

hi all,

hows everybody. this will be my second post. hope all of u are fine.

enough of small talk ;)
    back to main subject. iam 31, female and got rosacea when i turned 30. in the last one and a half year it was alright. i hardly flushed, or if it was alright nothing much to worry. I used tacroz, metro gel and microdex Xl tablets. since 4 weeks thu it got worse all sudden. first my skin got rough, some kinda elephant skin, very dry. the doctor gave me tacroz, tenovate, metro gel, zinc tab and microdoex. it made it worse see pic. i panicked, i got red bumps, rashes n my skin was itchy. in only 2 weeks.

i went to 6 different doctors, one smart one wanted to make an operation, the other one wanted to put me on sotret (isotretinoin), others back to metro gel what seemed to aggravate it even more.

the one doctor gave told me to use pyratine XR and skin recovery cream from avene and from A-derma sensiphase. for me it was super expensive even, n i checked here people kept describing both wit mixed feelings. but as u guys know in desperate times u r willing to try anything. i am using it since 5 days the bumps are better now. its recovering, but my redness is still there (sin today even more i think). my skin is a bit itchy, also more red and i don't know what, since 3 days, is this good or bad? ;(

the same doc suggested me the laser (she wants to do it with the cutera laser genesis).willing to try that i think but not sure, its always a mixed opinion when i read here thru the posts

another doc with the yag laser (which she wanted to do 2 in a week), when i asked her if this isn't too much she replied she would ve done it 3 times :0 i don't think its normal if i red here…

aim not sure what to do anymore. i don't feel going out of the house anymore, everybody keeps staring all the time n asking. i feel exhausted by it …

i hope this post was not too long, and thanks for reading it completely.

hoping for advice…
    Attached Images

Hi Sara, it's really hard to tell what will work and what won't. The best advice that I can think of right now is to just give everything a break and just let your skin settle down. Just try for a few days washing once a day with plain water and I think that your skin should settle. See how that goes. Seriously sometimes less is way more. Your skin may just need a break. If that calms it down, then maybe look at some natural gentler remedies like honey, dilute tea tree or even more importantly diet. Just my 2 cents worth, but personally prescribed medication and lasers sometimes aren't the best approach, well not for everyone anyway. I really believe in diet, inside out approach. Have a search on these forums, plenty of good advice. Take care, good luck and stay strong.
    Last edited by Azzachazza; 3rd August 2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: er

Quote Originally Posted by Azzachazza View Post
    Hi Sara, it's really hard to tell what will work and what won't. The best advice that I can think of right now is to just give everything a break and just let your skin settle down. Just try for a few days washing once a day with plain water and I think that your skin should settle. See how that goes. Seriously sometimes less is way more. Your skin may just need a break. If that calms it down, then maybe look at some natural gentler remedies like honey, dilute tea tree or even more importantly diet. Just my 2 cents worth, but personally prescribed medication and lasers sometimes aren't the best approach, well not for everyone anyway. I really believe in diet, inside out approach. Have a search on these forums, plenty of good advice. Take care, good luck and stay strong.
    thanks so much azzachazza. maybe ur right. i guess i put so much stuff on my face its not even used to all this. but u know how it is when u all red and its just so uncomfortable.

i ll take a look. lets c. tomorrow i again ve to go doctor...for check up

Quote Originally Posted by sara83 View Post
    hi all,

enough of small talk ;)
    back to main subject. iam 31, female and got rosacea when i turned 30. in the last one and a half year it was alright. i hardly flushed, or if it was alright nothing much to worry. I used tacroz, metro gel and microdex Xl tablets. since 4 weeks thu it got worse all sudden. first my skin got rough, some kinda elephant skin, very dry. the doctor gave me tacroz, tenovate, metro gel, zinc tab and microdoex. it made it worse see pic. i panicked, i got red bumps, rashes n my skin was itchy. in only 2 weeks.

i went to 6 different doctors, one smart one wanted to make an operation, the other one wanted to put me on sotret (isotretinoin), others back to metro gel what seemed to aggravate it even more.

the one doctor gave told me to use pyratine XR and skin recovery cream from avene and from A-derma sensiphase. for me it was super expensive even, n i checked here people kept describing both wit mixed feelings. but as u guys know in desperate times u r willing to try anything. i am using it since 5 days the bumps are better now. its recovering, but my redness is still there (sin today even more i think). my skin is a bit itchy, also more red and i don't know what, since 3 days, is this good or bad? ;(

the same doc suggested me the laser (she wants to do it with the cutera laser genesis).willing to try that i think but not sure, its always a mixed opinion when i read here thru the posts

another doc with the yag laser (which she wanted to do 2 in a week), when i asked her if this isn't too much she replied she would ve done it 3 times :0 i don't think its normal if i red here…

aim not sure what to do anymore. i don't feel going out of the house anymore, everybody keeps staring all the time n asking. i feel exhausted by it …

hoping for advice…

Sorry you are going through this. I have to say that minocycline has really helped my skin when nothing else worked. I don't know how you feel about antibiotics but maybe short term to get things under control? The minocycline has helped my skin tremendously including reducing the redness. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mastro View Post
    Sorry you are going through this. I have to say that minocycline has really helped my skin when nothing else worked. I don't know how you feel about antibiotics but maybe short term to get things under control? The minocycline has helped my skin tremendously including reducing the redness. Good luck
    thanks mastro. iam checking this as well out now... lets c what the doc is saying today, i will mention that as well.
    so strange even my bosses came to me n check each day to see if its better or not... i feel more under pressure

i honestly agree and suggest at some point you need to try and wash your face once a day with water only and apply nothing to it!!! I had a friend who washed their face with various facial clensors, and what having facial skin problems. What helped here was a one week round of steroids (to help the skin heal) and just water face washes. Not surei f this will help you.
    This is my signature.. please ignore the beginning of the "please help me thread".. i no longer use the raw honey treatment. it does not work. For me, and a bunch of other who pm me. Please read the more recent pages of the thread.

Hi Sara, hope you're doing well. I can't believe people at your work are acting so silly, to put it very lightly. It's bad that people behave in such a way. Try and ignore them, this kind of thing takes time to figure out and there's no rushing it. For me I find that a slow, gradual and gentle approach works best. Slowly sneaking up on the beast! I have found that the harsh approach sometimes works the best immediately but after time, my skin gets worse. It's really hard finding what works for you. Just stay strong and positive, it's the hardest part.

Aaron.
    Last edited by Azzachazza; 26th August 2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: edit

Hi Sara, I'm super new to this sight so Bare with me... But have you looked into pityrosporum folliculitis? I'm dealing with it at the moment after a trip to Mexico. My Derm says that's not what's going on but I know after research and reading for hours that's what's happened to my face! I have no idea why or what's changed! I've always had great skin. I'm 33 female btw healthy, active, good diet! Ahhhhh Doxy only made it worse so I decided to go out and wash my face with a product called nizoral. You can get it at the drug store it's 1% ketoconazole (anti fungal) and it helped. Give it a try. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sara83 View Post
    hi all,

enough of small talk ;)

hoping for advice…

Try mirvaso and v beam treatments they've helped me pretty well. Not fully though