Thread: Constant red face and flushing aswell??

Default Constant red face and flushing aswell??

Hi I have been suffering from a red face my whole life constant red regardless of situation, things like showering, alcohol, sunlight, social situations makes it worse. It has now gotten to the point where it is really bothering me and It makes it worse because I know I'm red and people are noticing it which makes me go more red! So annoying, I have a consultation booked with a uk dermatologist tomorrow so hopefully get some more info on it then. I am looking to get the laser treatment. I have so far tried 5htp tablets which seem to calm the flushing down but redness still there. Any help or info appreciated.

I also have small bumps on my arms which I believe is kilotons piralasis (probably spelt wrong)
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawksti View Post
    Hi I have been suffering from a red face my whole life constant red regardless of situation, things like showering, alcohol, sunlight, social situations makes it worse. It has now gotten to the point where it is really bothering me and It makes it worse because I know I'm red and people are noticing it which makes me go more red! So annoying, I have a consultation booked with a uk dermatologist tomorrow so hopefully get some more info on it then. I am looking to get the laser treatment. I have so far tried 5htp tablets which seem to calm the flushing down but redness still there. Any help or info appreciated.

I also have small bumps on my arms which I believe is kilotons piralasis (probably spelt wrong)
    Youve got classic subtype 1 Rosacea [Flushing] and you will probably never ever get subtype 2

Lasers aint going do anything for your redness mate .

I have yet to hear of one person in the last 20 years that lasers eliminated all their redness .

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Youve got classic subtype 1 Rosacea [Flushing] and you will probably never ever get subtype 2

Lasers aint going do anything for your redness mate .

I have yet to hear of one person in the last 20 years that lasers eliminated all their redness .
    I wouldn't say that- I had subtype 1 for years and only developed pustules last year. I agree with you though that lasers aren't going to do anything for the redness.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceRouge View Post
    Just had a quick read of the link you posted I also think it is KPRF, I have smith skin on my face and the chicken skin on my arms.

I really hope the laser works better for this than rosacea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito84 View Post
    I wouldn't say that- I had subtype 1 for years and only developed pustules last year. I agree with you though that lasers aren't going to do anything for the redness.
    Its weird mate . because after 21 years of subtype 1 Rosacea [Flushing ] I eat all Dairy, Chocolate Protein shakes, Red meat ,Drink Coffee twice a day ,I can eat Carbs all day , And I know now I will never get Sub type 2 symptoms .

I just cant work out why some people get subtype 2 and others don't .

Agree with FaceRouge, it looks like KPRF. Those bumps on your arms (Keratosis Pilaris) and KPRF go hand in hand.

A member on the KP forum has kept his KPRF under control with Aniracetam, Green Tea Extract and 5-HTP.

Others have had great success by taking evening primrose oil.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Josef61 View Post
    Agree with FaceRouge, it looks like KPRF. Those bumps on your arms (Keratosis Pilaris) and KPRF go hand in hand.

A member on the KP forum has kept his KPRF under control with Aniracetam, Green Tea Extract and 5-HTP.
    Others have had great success by taking evening primrose oil.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

I read that Thread . last post was in 2013 and he doesn't go in any detail about what he achieved with all 3

Aniracetam and 5-HTP wont do anything for Alcohol /weather/hot rooms Flushing