Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracea in Europe?

Default Oracea in Europe?

I found some old posts from 2008 claiming that Oracea was going to be available soon in Europe.
    Any update on that information?
    My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    "SkinActives Canvas Base Cream" (to mix with my bb cream)
    "Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA" to cover up (and it works! no one knows I have rosacea unless I remove my BB cream)
    -----
    Treatments that failed :
    Tetralysal , Flagyl, Brimonidine/Mirvaso (had severe reaction), Oracea, Diane35, Avene creams, Laroche Posay creams, Metronidazole pills AND cream

Quote Originally Posted by flahflah View Post
    I found some old posts from 2008 claiming that Oracea was going to be available soon in Europe.
    Any update on that information?
    In Sweden it is available through prescription. I don't see why it should not be in the rest of Europe?

Well well well.. right after posting this message I called the "international drugstore" in Lausanne, and they say thay have it in 40mg!! Woohoo!! All the other drugstores I called didnt know what I was talking about.
    Now I have to convince my dermatologist
    When I asked him for Spironolactone he said it wasn't a treatment for rosacea but only for people who had a hair loss problem. I wouldnt be surprised if he told me he doesn't know Oracea well enough to prescribe it
    My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    "Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA" to cover up (and it works! no one knows I have rosacea unless I remove my BB cream)
    -----
    Treatments that failed :
    Tetralysal , Flagyl, Brimonidine/Mirvaso (had severe reaction), Oracea, Diane35, Avene creams, Laroche Posay creams, Metronidazole pills AND cream

Well well well.. right after posting this message I called the "international drugstore" in Lausanne, and they say thay have it in 40mg!! Woohoo!! All the other drugstores I called didnt know what I was talking about.
    When I asked him for Spironolactone he said it wasn't a treatment for rosacea but only for people who had a hair loss problem. I wouldnt be surprised if he told me he doesn't know Oracea well enough to prescribe it
    Can you please let me know the name of the Lausanne drugstore?
    Thanks!

Default re

AWESOME! i'm so excited for you...this may be just the thing. has worked great for me. I would give it 30-45 days for it to fully work. you may see very good results in less than 2 weeks. don't feel bad, none of my derms knew about oracea either lol. or they knew about it and knew it works, hence the reason for not mentioning it lol. can't wait to see how you do on this. If you have the same results as me, spring will be in the air, birds will be chirping and butterflies will land on you. wheeeeeeee p.s. - I have heard oracea is called "effracia" in europe...not sure if that is true..

Last edited by dave75; 25th June 2014 at 05:54 PM.

The drugstore is called Pharmacie Internationale Gollaz and it is located in Lausanne.
    http://www.golaz.ch/

Dave I hope you're right!
    I'm not sure ill be able to have an appointment before they close for their summer vacation, but I'll let you know how it goes (and will try to keep my photo journal up to date).

May I ask what starting dosage your dermatologist prescribed for you? I don't know if its different for men or women and weight... I guess so.

My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    -----
    Treatments that failed :

Default re

hello! this drug store closes for summer and everyone goes to lay on the beach in their bikinis while people in need of medication suffer? what is up with that? i hope u can get an appointment...are there any alternative pharmacies?? oracea or "effracia" as it may be named there, is a standard 40mg pill for everyone (man and woman) It is 40mg doxycyclene time released.

The drugstore is called Pharmacie Internationale Gollaz and it is located in Lausanne.
    http://www.golaz.ch/

Dave I hope you're right!
    I'm not sure ill be able to have an appointment before they close for their summer vacation, but I'll let you know how it goes (and will try to keep my photo journal up to date).

May I ask what starting dosage your dermatologist prescribed for you? I don't know if its different for men or women and weight... I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    hello! this drug store closes for summer and everyone goes to lay on the beach in their bikinis while people in need of medication suffer? what is up with that? i hope u can get an appointment...are there any alternative pharmacies?? oracea or "effracia" as it may be named there, is a standard 40mg pill for everyone (man and woman) It is 40mg doxycyclene time released.
    Oh my god thats not what i meant to say! My dermatologist is closing his cabinet for 3 weeks, not the drugstore!!
    My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    -----
    Treatments that failed :

Someone just canceled his appointment for next Wednesday morning, so I've got my appointment!
    Another 130$ for the consultation...
    If he doesn't want give me a prescription for Oracea and Metrogel I'm gonna hate him so much! I'm so sick of going to a doctor asking for something very specific, and leave with a prescription for something else. I dont think I'll be able to tolerate it this time.

If he refuses, I'll call every dermatologist in the country and ask their secretary if he/she would be willing to prescribe Oracea and Metrogel, otherwise I dont need an appointment!
    My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    -----
    Treatments that failed :

Default re

hi there, i'm very happy to hear they don't close down the pharmacy i know it is highway robbery isn't it? Here in the states i have to pay $350 for my health insurance (thanks to obamacare my insurance cost TRIPLED. thanks obama...no hope and change here plus $50 a month just to buy the medication. So I spend $400 per month. that is $4800 per year...almost 5k a year not to suffer from rosaca! and when i try the generic doxy it doesn't work very well for me. yes, definitely don't put up with any crap. smack the table with your hand and demand oracea! for what it is worth, i wouldn't even bother with the metrogel...you might find oracea alone does the job, but everyone responds differently...i can say that metrogel didn't do anything for me personally...just my two cents..let us know how you do with the derm!

Someone just canceled his appointment for next Wednesday morning, so I've got my appointment!
    Another 130$ for the consultation...
    If he doesn't want give me a prescription for Oracea and Metrogel I'm gonna hate him so much! I'm so sick of going to a doctor asking for something very specific, and leave with a prescription for something else. I dont think I'll be able to tolerate it this time.

If he refuses, I'll call every dermatologist in the country and ask their secretary if he/she would be willing to prescribe Oracea and Metrogel, otherwise I dont need an appointment!