Thread: Will laser work for my nose? Pics included...

Default Will laser work for my nose? Pics included...

Hello, I'm thinking about having V-beam laser treatment soon for the diffused Redness on my nose...I have some on my cheeks aswell, but it's subtle enough to look normal. My main concern is my nose...as it goes hot, stings, gets totally red when I contact a trigger - sun, alcohol, vigorous exercise. It's the worse it the mornings and towards the end of the night...but i'v been a hermit lately as I'm scared to go out and contact a trigger...I'm too scared to see my friends or my boyfriend, who I really really love...I just want the redness on my nose gone...as its stage one rosacea, I figured if I have laser now, I'm halting the progression...and hopefully will have a year freedom if the laser goes well. Could laser sort this out
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Default Anyone?

Please could anyone give me some advice? X x x

Hey Ree
    Probably not want you want to hear but vbeam and ipl with really respected derms only worsened my condition, and at the time my redness was mild like yours. Of course thats not to say this will be the case with you, many people find benefit in laser, I'd just caution you not to rush into anything. My nose use to flush terribly, espeically in the evenings, and for no apparent reason at all. Despite my cheeks worsening, my nose no longer flushes. I found relief with small doses of a beta blocker, either propanolol or bisoprolol. Same for my ears, they used to flush terribly with my nose but no longer do really. Id encourage you to try medications first as there is far less risk and it might be all you need. You shouldnt have too much trouble getting this prescribed by your GP.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy_nic87 View Post
    Hey Ree
    Probably not want you want to hear but vbeam and ipl with really respected derms only worsened my condition, and at the time my redness was mild like yours. Of course thats not to say this will be the case with you, many people find benefit in laser, I'd just caution you not to rush into anything. My nose use to flush terribly, espeically in the evenings, and for no apparent reason at all. Despite my cheeks worsening, my nose no longer flushes. I found relief with small doses of a beta blocker, either propanolol or bisoprolol. Same for my ears, they used to flush terribly with my nose but no longer do really. Id encourage you to try medications first as there is far less risk and it might be all you need. You shouldnt have too much trouble getting this prescribed by your GP.
    Thankyou so much for your advice, I'm so sorry laser didnt work for you I know how difficult it is dealing with this terrible disease. I'm just so desperate to get rid of it, that I feel I have to take risks ...I'm interested to know what these beta blockers do? How do they work? Because if its suppressed the flushing of your nose and ears, then that would be such a relief. Did it reduce any redness? Did you notice any side effects? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just so grateful to have some advice thankyou x x x

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Thankyou so much for your advice, I'm so sorry laser didnt work for you I know how difficult it is dealing with this terrible disease. I'm just so desperate to get rid of it, that I feel I have to take risks ...I'm interested to know what these beta blockers do? How do they work? Because if its suppressed the flushing of your nose and ears, then that would be such a relief. Did it reduce any redness? Did you notice any side effects? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just so grateful to have some advice thankyou x x x

I dont know exactly how beta blockers work, only that the block the effects of adenalin (i think) and lots of people here use them safely to help with flushing. They can be used for other conditions like anxiety, they help to stabilise your heart rate. Im sure they work on another level too in terms of flushing but im afraid i dont know enough to explain it much further. all i can say is that they have helped me and many others. you dont need to take high doses, you can take all the time or just occasionally - theyre not like clonidine where you have to take them regularly and taper off etc, and have a pretty low rate of side effects. Once the flushing on my nose and ears settled i didnt actually have any redness remaining. its worth a try before laser id say. hope thats helps x

In my clinic they do not recommend treating the nose as the redness apparently returns quite quickly. The redness on my cheeks and forehead has been reduced by my six V-beam treatments.

That said a quick google search have some doctors saying it CAN be used on the nose. Not surprised as everyone gets different advise...

I am using tinted sun cream on my nose, reduces it a bit and seem to reduce flushing induced due to external heat aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Hello, I'm thinking about having V-beam laser treatment soon for the diffused Redness on my nose...I have some on my cheeks aswell, but it's subtle enough to look normal. My main concern is my nose...as it goes hot, stings, gets totally red when I contact a trigger - sun, alcohol, vigorous exercise. It's the worse it the mornings and towards the end of the night...but i'v been a hermit lately as I'm scared to go out and contact a trigger...I'm too scared to see my friends or my boyfriend, who I really really love...I just want the redness on my nose gone...as its stage one rosacea, I figured if I have laser now, I'm halting the progression...and hopefully will have a year freedom if the laser goes well. Could laser sort this out
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Ive had laser treatment about 4 years ago and would have never done it , that left very small scars all over my nose that make it look even worst then how it was before, ive tried the laser treatment just cause i had already tried everything else and i tought the laser maybe solved the problem once for all but if i could go back in time i wont do it again.