Thread: First Vbeam Perfecta today...

Default First Vbeam Perfecta today...

Went to the derm today and had a vbeam procedure done. I originally was scheduled for both cheeks under eyes and nose but decided just to do my right side cheek. Took about 2 minutes and she was done. Face stung for about 30 minutes and was red but about 2 hours later you couldn't even tell I had anything done. She said the setting was at 8 joules so nothing to crazy for my first go around. I have just mild redness on both cheeks and nose looks like Ive been in the sun pretty much. I'm just wondering if I should see any results from it or were the settings to low?

Quote Originally Posted by JRon2112 View Post
    Went to the derm today and had a vbeam procedure done. I originally was scheduled for both cheeks under eyes and nose but decided just to do my right side cheek. Took about 2 minutes and she was done. Face stung for about 30 minutes and was red but about 2 hours later you couldn't even tell I had anything done. She said the setting was at 8 joules so nothing to crazy for my first go around. I have just mild redness on both cheeks and nose looks like Ive been in the sun pretty much. I'm just wondering if I should see any results from it or were the settings to low?
    Higher settings = more improvement faster but also higher risk for something to go terribly wrong

And no, I wouldn't expect much after the first treatment. I finally noticed a wee bit of improvement on the third. It's frustrating but it's hard to find a doctor who really knows rosacea and is comfortable working at those higher settings.