Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antihistamines are helping with all of my rosacea symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleM View Post
    Wow. I'm off to try some antihistamine. Totally fed up with my pimples. It will be very interesting to see if it works. I also have some Metrogel but have only used it for a week and things are steadily getting worse. Not good news as I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and am fed up of being the spotty one. Fingers crossed.

Michelle
    Exactly the same here. Got a wedding Greece in 4 weeks. I started Metrogel about 5 weeks ago and it has been much better but the last day and today its not looking good. Think the 'magic has worn off'. So frustrating having these horrible pimples appear. Fingers crossed the antihistamine can help out!

This is a good thread. If you're still out there, how well are the natural antihistamines working for you? The bromelain and Quercitin?
    I really don't want to get into the Zyrtex and all those. I find they all make me sleeeeeeppyyy

I recently discoverd that I'm histamine intolerant

I've got rosacea ( and demodex) since the beginning of this year (probebly longer but not knowing), not knowing what it was , it came with ups and downs but since march it was out of control. So I started to eat different because I knew I was sensitive to gluten, diary,...but still my face was very red with pustels and pimpels. I read about histamine intolerance and I started to eat foods that are only low in histamine. Within 2 weeks my face was clear. I went to the derma and they did a allergie test where we found that I'm histamine intolerant. This was a confirmation for me that I was right.

I Don't take anti histamine pills because they make me tired and they gave me very very severe headaches. I only tried 2 (Allegratab and Rupatall)...Maybe others work for me I don't know...I also have the DAO enzymes but I didn't tried it yet so I'll keep you posted!

For now I just eat histamine free and my face is clear so I'm happy (Also if it means I can't eat icecream or chocolates) When I do (Because I'm only human) I know that my face will be very bad for 7 days with a peek day on the 3th or 4th day.

But for all I'm glad to know what I need to do for a calm and clear skin

Default Histamine and rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by Hairspray View Post
    I recently discoverd that I'm histamine intolerant

I've got rosacea ( and demodex) since the beginning of this year (probebly longer but not knowing), not knowing what it was , it came with ups and downs but since march it was out of control. So I started to eat different because I knew I was sensitive to gluten, diary,...but still my face was very red with pustels and pimpels. I read about histamine intolerance and I started to eat foods that are only low in histamine. Within 2 weeks my face was clear. I went to the derma and they did a allergie test where we found that I'm histamine intolerant. This was a confirmation for me that I was right.

I Don't take anti histamine pills because they make me tired and they gave me very very severe headaches. I only tried 2 (Allegratab and Rupatall)...Maybe others work for me I don't know...I also have the DAO enzymes but I didn't tried it yet so I'll keep you posted!

For now I just eat histamine free and my face is clear so I'm happy (Also if it means I can't eat icecream or chocolates) When I do (Because I'm only human) I know that my face will be very bad for 7 days with a peek day on the 3th or 4th day.

But for all I'm glad to know what I need to do for a calm and clear skin
    Hello Hairspray,

I recognize a lot of similar problems, as you are from Belgium I would like to get in touch to see if I can learn more from you to help my skin problem.
    Thanks

L

I developed hay fever a few years ago. It was never that bad, so I never had to take anything for it. I found it strange as I had never had hay fever and only developed it in my late 30s.

One thing I have seen though is that, firstly even though I had acne as a teenager I never developed Rosacea until my late 30s. This time I also developed hay fever and became hypothyroid. I take levothyroxine to manage my hypothyrodism.

I found out using an app that I am allergic to silver birch tree pollen and mugwort. The symptoms were so bad I could hardly function properly. It was like a full blown flu. Runny nose, sore throat, headache, sneezing, itching. So I started to take cetirizine to manage my symptoms.

The hay fever symptoms went away and I can manage it well using cetirizine. I just have to take it before I go to bed as it knocks me out. It makes me really tired.

The one thing I did notice, which I thought was weird was that my rosacea completly cleared during the time I took the cetirizine. I noticed this as I only take it when I have allergic symptoms, normally end of April to start of June (Silver birch), end of July until beginning of September (Mugwort).

I do find it weird, and I am almost certain somehow these diseases must be connected.