Thread: Antihistamines are helping with all of my rosacea symptoms.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Antihistamines are helping with all of my rosacea symptoms.

Basically one day I started taking Benadryl just to try and see if it helps and the 1st tablet that I took after a couple of hours made my face so much calmer. I use to have a lot of burning on my face and thats gone, pimples are disappearing and no new pimples. Flushing episodes are only from emotional and stress related (doesn't last as long as it did now) and I can actually do some exercise I use to always flush when I did push ups or pull ups and now I just finished doing 20 of them and nothing. The redness is still there but much calmer and I have only took this drug for a week now and its been working. Does anyone know the reason why antihistamines are working? Do I have allergies? and what type of allergies should I get tested for? Thanks

Can anyone tell me if I should continue taking anti histamines permanently or is there any side effects when coming off the antihistamines, because these things are really helping I haven't flushed for a week and 2 days even out in the warm weather. Can anyone help me out Thanks

Default Antihistamine

Wow. I'm off to try some antihistamine. Totally fed up with my pimples. It will be very interesting to see if it works. I also have some Metrogel but have only used it for a week and things are steadily getting worse. Not good news as I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and am fed up of being the spotty one. Fingers crossed.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleM View Post
    Wow. I'm off to try some antihistamine. Totally fed up with my pimples. It will be very interesting to see if it works. I also have some Metrogel but have only used it for a week and things are steadily getting worse. Not good news as I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and am fed up of being the spotty one. Fingers crossed.

Michelle
    Exactly the same here. Got a wedding Greece in 4 weeks. I started Metrogel about 5 weeks ago and it has been much better but the last day and today its not looking good. Think the 'magic has worn off'. So frustrating having these horrible pimples appear. Fingers crossed the antihistamine can help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I should continue taking anti histamines permanently or is there any side effects when coming off the antihistamines, because these things are really helping I haven't flushed for a week and 2 days even out in the warm weather. Can anyone help me out Thanks
    I take a zyrtec tablet every day, have done so for more than a year, I do think it helps me. I asked my doctor if it was safe to continue and she said I could take zyrtec forever if needed. You should probably ask your doctor just to make sure.

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    I take a zyrtec tablet every day, have done so for more than a year, I do think it helps me. I asked my doctor if it was safe to continue and she said I could take zyrtec forever if needed. You should probably ask your doctor just to make sure.

-Dave-
    I was going to ask you Flying since we got rosacea from accutane and steroid applications which symptoms is the anti histamines helping with and did you do allergy tests both contact dermatitis and food allergy. Since the anti histamines are helping us there must be some sort of allergic reaction my the allergy is just on our faces where we applied the steroids. These allergy drugs are helping me but I have to take 2 a day for full affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
    I was going to ask you Flying since we got rosacea from accutane and steroid applications which symptoms is the anti histamines helping with and did you do allergy tests both contact dermatitis and food allergy. Since the anti histamines are helping us there must be some sort of allergic reaction my the allergy is just on our faces where we applied the steroids. These allergy drugs are helping me but I have to take 2 a day for full affect.
    When I was first diagnosed with "Rosacea", I didn't have classic flushing symptoms, I had P&P type bumps on my forehead and upper cheeks. I was first given metrogel and doxycycline which didn't help. Eventually I was given low-dose accutane which definitely helped with the bumps but brought on flushing. The zyrtec helps with the bumps and also helps my skin look less irritated in general but I still have issues with ear flushing and at times general facial flushing.

Default Active Ingredient ?

Hi
    What is the active ingredient in your anti histamine please ?