Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Had 2nd Vbeam treatment yesterday (pics included)

Quote Originally Posted by wicksyx View Post
    I hardly have any persistent redness only flushing so it's hard to tell whether I have made a lot of progress but when my skin has completely calmed down ill post a picture of one of my flushes I got before any laser and one of my skin after treatment
    I'm kind of the same, I do have some persistent redness but it's the flushing I find really impacts my quality of life. I don't think my 'before and after' photos will really be that dramatic but if vbeam helps me control the flushing I'll be pretty happy.

I have my second treatment tomorrow (dreading it) and then before bed in the evening I will be taking my first mirtzapine pill which I just got prescribed. Not sure if this is the best idea cos if I start to get better I guess I won't be able to tell exactly what's working. Then again, maybe the meds will help me through that stressful 'what have I done?' feeling post Vbeam since they have an anti-anxiety effect.

Are you taking any medication for your flushing?
    Your skin looks like it is calming down day by day. Hope you get great results, this must be so tough to deal with at 15.

Good luck on your treatment!

What settings are used on you?

I know pills work differently for everyone but I saw this story and someone was on mirtzapine and it stopped there facial flushing by 95% , I really hope it works that way for you!!

The what have I done feeling is the worse, you hear everyone tell you that it's going to be red and flushy for a couple of weeks and you Think you can deal with it but when it actually happens to you , you stress out so much with the what have I done feeling .
    Going on a pill like that would be defiantly my last resort and no I'm not taking anything for the flushing , I need to see what results I get from vbeam and my diet first. But good luck!!

Hi Wicksy, I'm not sure about the settings, but I could definitely feel that this one was stronger than my first treatment, it made my eyes water a bit under the googles! My skin now is red and patchy, but feels relatively calm at the moment so I guess that's a good thing.

I haven't started the mirtzapine yet, my doctor warned about a possible drowsy 'hangover effect' when you first start taking it so I thought I would wait to the weekend when I don't have to work. It's probably a good idea to leave these drugs as a last resort...but to be honest I kind of need the anti-depressant effects of mirtzapine too thanks to this lovely condition

How have you been doing these last couple of days? How many treatments are you having altogether? I have been recommended 4 in total, each 4-6 weeks apart.

It's all good sadly I'm just a 15 year old girl with NO social life left at all. It's the least I can do for everyone struggling and considering vbeam on this form.
    They did give me ice packs when my treatment finished but I'm not a huge fan of them considering if you have them on for to long they damage the epidermis of your skin. Sometimes I hold a ice pack on the back of my neck and have a wet washer and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes then put on my forehead. But that's only when it gets really bad, I'm hoping the pain and flushing will settle down too soon though , most of my flares are from stress and anxiety and anxiety actually causes burning skin aswell.
    i live in dubai after i hav got rosacea i hav never visited my parents back at home rosacea takes a toll on body.... i know what it takes to loose ur social life

hope u put ur rosacea in remission

Quote Originally Posted by fed_up View Post
    Hi Wicksy, I'm not sure about the settings, but I could definitely feel that this one was stronger than my first treatment, it made my eyes water a bit under the googles! My skin now is red and patchy, but feels relatively calm at the moment so I guess that's a good thing.

I haven't started the mirtzapine yet, my doctor warned about a possible drowsy 'hangover effect' when you first start taking it so I thought I would wait to the weekend when I don't have to work. It's probably a good idea to leave these drugs as a last resort...but to be honest I kind of need the anti-depressant effects of mirtzapine too thanks to this lovely condition

How have you been doing these last couple of days? How many treatments are you having altogether? I have been recommended 4 in total, each 4-6 weeks apart.
    I totally understand about needing the antidepressant I really hope it works for you!
    Im having 4 treatments done , 3 - 4 weeks apart.
    I've been ok it's just been a matter of my very dry skin lately , I realised that a lot of my redness was coming from it being so dry and burning is also caused by dehydrated skin so I decided to stop using water on it, but I defiantly have seen improvement with my flushing but still a bit to go redness wise , normally I wake up in the mornings with my skin as white as anything and that hasn't happened yet. My next treatment is on the 29th .

When I asked my derm what the laser actually does she said that it shrinks the blood vessels and keeps them at bay and gives them the message to not dilate or something. I honestly thought it was meant to deliver enough heat to destroy them ?? Well that's what I've read everywhere. I have no clue now haha it's all so confusing

Quote Originally Posted by shoaib View Post
    i live in dubai after i hav got rosacea i hav never visited my parents back at home rosacea takes a toll on body.... i know what it takes to loose ur social life

hope u put ur rosacea in remission
    Do you have any idea of what started your rosacea? Or just woke up with it one morning? I'm so sorry about your social life but it will get better! It defiantly does take a toll on every aspect of your life. Thank you so much I really hope you put your rosacea in remission too!

How's it going wicksyx?

I've been reading a lot of posts on the KP(RF) forums over the weekend.
    These in particular are really interesting and may help you with your flushing - I'm definitely willing to give some of these ideas a try.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...ra-faceii.html
    http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...g-redness.html
    http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...oticeable.html

There's a lot more great stuff, especially from a member called fadeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef61 View Post
    How's it going wicksyx?

I've been reading a lot of posts on the KP(RF) forums over the weekend.
    These in particular are really interesting and may help you with your flushing - I'm definitely willing to give some of these ideas a try.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...ra-faceii.html
    http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...g-redness.html
    http://www.keratosispilaris.org/kprf...oticeable.html

There's a lot more great stuff, especially from a member called fadeout.

Thank you for linking those I'll be reading those forums aswell now, it hasn't been very good for me I'm still a bit of flushy mess ever since I've been put on the anti candida diet I've been eating way too many carbs, my skin has been so dried out from all the water I use on it and I have the most horrible flushes in the middle of the night and wake up in so much pain.
    I'm going to do a 3 day juicing fast starting tomorrow because I've seen so many great things about it and adjust the way I sleep and try to introduce way more greens into my diet instead of so many potatoes.
    I've read so many things about how going on anti depressants help with flushing but it would defiantly be a last resort for me if the vbeam didn't give me good enough results. I don't think I'd ever go on a beta blocker though.
    I used to drink green tea all the time and it would work wonders for me until my naturopath said to go off it but I'm looking into buying some omega 3 supplements and flax seed oil .
    How is your skin going??

That fadeout person actually stopped taking the antidepressants and still managed to keep his flushing down (I believe) using green tea extract, 5-HTP and Aniracetam.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/...ea-extract/GTE
    http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/5-htp/5HTP
    http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/aniracetam/ANIRA

I'm most likely going to get all of the above and see how I go before going down the antidepressant route.
    I've been on the strictest diet for 6 weeks now and have noticed far less rosacea-type bumps and less flushing.
    However my skin is also very dry (winter isn't helping) and I still flush from hot rooms and other triggers like anxiety and stress.
    I had hardly any sleep because I watched the world cup on Friday and Saturday morning and I was sooo red and flushy on both days - really bad (painful) flushes at the gym.
    I searched the forum here and read about the links between lack of sleep and an increase in redness/flushing, so I have to be really careful.
    I've always thought my skin looks a lot worse when I don't have a good nights sleep.

Yeah you have to be careful with potatoes. I'm only really eating sweet potato now, and that's in moderation.
    I'd do a juice fast myself but I've lost 5 kilo's in 6 weeks with this change in diet and don't want to lose anymore haha.

The biggest thing I've noticed with my vbeam results so far is that I can still flush and get really, really inflamed, but my base redness is much better.

As far as supplements go, I'm taking vitamin D-3 and fish oil, and I'm about to receive some aloe vera capsules and vitamin c tablets.

Do you have any idea of what started your rosacea? Or just woke up with it one morning? I'm so sorry about your social life but it will get better! It defiantly does take a toll on every aspect of your life. Thank you so much I really hope you put your rosacea in remission too!
    had lots of shots cocktails drank a whole lot next morning got up face was red burning hot from day till today rosacea is progressed had nearly 12 v beams still no respite

this might sound funny but my derm is also a biologist he told me not to touch antihistamines , antibiotics , nsaids , and vit c he tells acc to his research they r not suitable for rosacea ppl he told to avoid for 6 months ur rosacea will be in a manageable condition from where u can heal and asked me to use only pure vitamin k ie standalone guess what its working i hardly flush after using vitamin k i m getting blood vessel clots on my face where there is rosacea . vessels are getting reabsorbed

he asked me to quit smoking as smoking leads to progression of rosacea

my life is somw what improved acc to my knowledge laser is not the solution my derm only uses v beam only when my flushing is way way down