Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Had 2nd Vbeam treatment yesterday (pics included)

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa919 View Post
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post updates! I am probably headed this way so it is very helpful. Do they give you anything for pain btw?
    It's all good sadly I'm just a 15 year old girl with NO social life left at all. It's the least I can do for everyone struggling and considering vbeam on this form.
    They did give me ice packs when my treatment finished but I'm not a huge fan of them considering if you have them on for to long they damage the epidermis of your skin. Sometimes I hold a ice pack on the back of my neck and have a wet washer and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes then put on my forehead. But that's only when it gets really bad, I'm hoping the pain and flushing will settle down too soon though , most of my flares are from stress and anxiety and anxiety actually causes burning skin aswell.

Day 4 - Yesterday was pretty good I only had one flare and it was limited to one cheek only but it lasted for ages . During the night I had a couple of more painful flushes but nothing unexpected. I'm still a lot redder in my flares and more sensitive, I looked better right after laser treatment then I do most of the time.
    Getting laser treatment truly does have an emotional impact on people

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402220411.953762.jpg

ATTACH]2486[/ATTACH

Day 6
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wicksyx View Post
    It look better already i hope you will see even better results every day. Do you have any before pics so we can compare before and after?

Thank you Wicksyx for writing down your experiences and for adding pictures. I agree, I think it will be very helpful for others to read and see, I hope you see even more improvement very soon. Agree with fole25 that your cheeks already look calmer on the last pics.
    What helps most for me when I feel really flushed and hot is to use a small ventilator for some time. I also have the cold packs but like you rightfully mentioned, they can hurt the epidermis. For me they help when I used them for very short periods of times, wrapped in a clean cloth (washed in neutral washing powder) and apply now and then to the flushed cheek. Others find the airconditioning good to calm down a raging flush.

Hope you improve more very soon

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    Thank you Wicksyx for writing down your experiences and for adding pictures. I agree, I think it will be very helpful for others to read and see, I hope you see even more improvement very soon. Agree with fole25 that your cheeks already look calmer on the last pics.
    What helps most for me when I feel really flushed and hot is to use a small ventilator for some time. I also have the cold packs but like you rightfully mentioned, they can hurt the epidermis. For me they help when I used them for very short periods of times, wrapped in a clean cloth (washed in neutral washing powder) and apply now and then to the flushed cheek. Others find the airconditioning good to calm down a raging flush.

Hope you improve more very soon

Thank you nat007!! I am a big fan of your blog , thank you for the advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by fole25 View Post
    It look better already i hope you will see even better results every day. Do you have any before pics so we can compare before and after?

I hardly have any persistent redness only flushing so it's hard to tell whether I have made a lot of progress but when my skin has completely calmed down ill post a picture of one of my flushes I got before any laser and one of my skin after treatment

Quote Originally Posted by wicksyx View Post
    Thank you nat007!! I am a big fan of your blog , thank you for the advice!!
    Thanks Wicksyx The waiting game is hard, I hope things will slowly improve. If laser or IPL turn out not the way for you, there are still many other treatment options out there, which all take time and patience and ups and downs unfrt but hopefully you will find the right thing for your rosacea. Keep us posted