Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Had 2nd Vbeam treatment yesterday (pics included)

I can't seem to edit my post above but instead of going online,I've made an appointment with an old doctor i used to see and i will ask him to test me for SIBO, hopefully he will be more understanding of this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419038615.722798.jpg
    I've had 6 vbeams and still look like this... I'm a month and a bit out from my last one and my family is Contemplating demanding a refund.
    I was delusional thinking that I had success with it .
    Obviously something is very wrong on the inside.
    I defiantly would not recommend getting vbeam unless you have some sort of control over your flushing & have broken the cycle.

Funny looking at that from yesterday because I'm as pale as anything today

I will not be having any more treatments until my flushing is under control, thanks everyone for all your support on this thread!

Thank you so much for posting your experiences and what's more, pictures to go with it, Wicksyx. It will have helped many reading this thread I'm sure. I'm sorry that v-beam hasn't given you the results you and we all hoped for. It seems hit and miss with both v-beam and IPL, some have great success, other very little and a group gets positively worse from it. I hope your rosacea hasn't been affected negatively by your v-beam sessions and that for now medication/supplements/diet/rlt/all the other things out there will help you to cut back on your flushing.

Best wishes Nat

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting your experiences and what's more, pictures to go with it, Wicksyx. It will have helped many reading this thread I'm sure. I'm sorry that v-beam hasn't given you the results you and we all hoped for. It seems hit and miss with both v-beam and IPL, some have great success, other very little and a group gets positively worse from it. I hope your rosacea hasn't been affected negatively by your v-beam sessions and that for now medication/supplements/diet/rlt/all the other things out there will help you to cut back on your flushing.

Best wishes Nat
    Thanks Nat! Yeah I don't think it's had a bad impact, my skin is still recovering its Sooo dry and really thin. Very sensitive. I'm pretty sure my laser nurse used very very low settings because of my age . I'll have to ask her next time . Again thank you heaps everyone <3

Thanks for your thread and updates mate. I'm a Australian medical student with rosacea (brought on by a course of roaccutane for acne), and have been contemplating V-Beam on and off for years.

Have you talked to your doctor about medication? There may be an internal problem/dietary issues, but the physiological manifestation of that is flushing, and medication can control that.

Along with a strict paleo diet, I started a regimen of 15mg mirtazapine (1x daily), 25mg clonidine (3x daily) and 10mg propanolol (2-3 times daily) a year and a half ago and it has worked wonders. I still have light flushing and a base line red 'tinge', but nothing like I am unmedicated. All of these medications have a medical basis as to why they work (I can explain it if you like), and are relatively uninvasive with few side effects.

The clonidine in particular is amazing in stopping a major flush 30 mins after you take it.

Unfortunately these won't work for permanent facial damage and/or capillaries, but judging from your photos, it doesn't seem as though you are at that stage yet.

I will say that this is not a cure. I have trawled the net for literally 100s of hours and it seems that 'miracle' stories are usually too good to be true with rosacea. And for everyone of these people, there is a horror story to accompany it. This method is simple, it works, and under the PBS, will only cost you a few dollars.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them as well as I can. Good luck

Has anyone on this thread had experience with red light therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.dhotman View Post
    Thanks for your thread and updates mate. I'm a Australian medical student with rosacea (brought on by a course of roaccutane for acne), and have been contemplating V-Beam on and off for years.

Have you talked to your doctor about medication? There may be an internal problem/dietary issues, but the physiological manifestation of that is flushing, and medication can control that.

Along with a strict paleo diet, I started a regimen of 15mg mirtazapine (1x daily), 25mg clonidine (3x daily) and 10mg propanolol (2-3 times daily) a year and a half ago and it has worked wonders. I still have light flushing and a base line red 'tinge', but nothing like I am unmedicated. All of these medications have a medical basis as to why they work (I can explain it if you like), and are relatively uninvasive with few side effects.

The clonidine in particular is amazing in stopping a major flush 30 mins after you take it.

Unfortunately these won't work for permanent facial damage and/or capillaries, but judging from your photos, it doesn't seem as though you are at that stage yet.

I will say that this is not a cure. I have trawled the net for literally 100s of hours and it seems that 'miracle' stories are usually too good to be true with rosacea. And for everyone of these people, there is a horror story to accompany it. This method is simple, it works, and under the PBS, will only cost you a few dollars.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them as well as I can. Good luck
    Thanks Daniel for your post and information on this. I take the same medication as you, plus an antihistamine, and also find they make the flushing bearable again and really cut it down from 24/7 to a good % of improvement. I think it's good that this information is out there, here on the forum too; relief can not only be expected (or hoped for) from IPL and/or laser, also from Red light therapy and medication. Of course diet plays a role for most here in our rosacea symptoms.

best wishes Nat

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.dhotman View Post

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them as well as I can. Good luck smile:

Yeah I'd love to know more about the meds you take if you don't mind, I'm absolutely sure my flushing is very connected to both the mind and the gut. I'm currently on paleo with no dairy at all, garlic supplements, vit d , l-glutamine & lysine. being tested for dybosis & trying to break the flushing cycle. I'm not even a week in yet but I will let everyone know how I go.
    I asked my derm for clondine once and seemed almost shocked that I would ask for something like that, he said it was a last resort and yeah I didn't end up getting it.

Nat007,

I am curious as to what type of anti histamine you take in addition to anti-flushing meds? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chryssie6 View Post
    Nat007,

I am curious as to what type of anti histamine you take in addition to anti-flushing meds? Thanks!
    Hi Chrissy

I take Xyzal, 10 mg a day.

Best wishes