Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Had 2nd Vbeam treatment yesterday (pics included)

Quote Originally Posted by shoaib View Post
    had lots of shots cocktails drank a whole lot next morning got up face was red burning hot from day till today rosacea is progressed had nearly 12 v beams still no respite

this might sound funny but my derm is also a biologist he told me not to touch antihistamines , antibiotics , nsaids , and vit c he tells acc to his research they r not suitable for rosacea ppl he told to avoid for 6 months ur rosacea will be in a manageable condition from where u can heal and asked me to use only pure vitamin k ie standalone guess what its working i hardly flush after using vitamin k i m getting blood vessel clots on my face where there is rosacea . vessels are getting reabsorbed

he asked me to quit smoking as smoking leads to progression of rosacea

my life is somw what improved acc to my knowledge laser is not the solution my derm only uses v beam only when my flushing is way way down

Oh no I take vitamin c in the powder form for my immune system. Antihistamines don't seem to help me either and I was only on antibiotics for about 3 weeks , I'll look into the vitamin K but it's so great that you hardly flush now!

Vitamin K can make rosacea worse for a lot of people. I would be extremely warey of using that.

I haven't been posting my progress on here lately because honestly I cannot see any I am still an awful mess and in so much pain, I don't know whether I had a bad reaction because the settings were higher or if it's how I treated my skin after the treatment which was sadly pretty poor . But maybe I'm still recovering but my next vbeam is in a week so I'm hoping I can last till then

Hi wicksyx, I am so sorry you are experiencing a flare and just wanted to say it can take a long time to have your face calm down after a VBeam treatment. I had them so long ago that it's hard to remember details but I do remember it took me months to get back to baseline and then start seeing real improvement. That's one reason I am not a huge fan of doing treatments less than 2-3 months apart depending on your individual reaction. Listen to your body and see how you are doing next week before committing to another treatment.

And just treat your face gently and pamper yourself so you feel better. It really helps when you are in a good place emotionally. Hang in there-you will be OK!

Sending you lots of good wishes and healing vibes.

Best,
    Melissa

So lovely to see Melissa back
    Sorry Wicksyx to read you are still flaring. I think I would personally go with Melissa's advice.. There is no hurry with the v-beams, you can also have them a little bit further apart, so you give your skin a bit more time to settle down. And in case you find you are worse off still than before the tratment, I would seriously consider and read up here and online, if it is wise to continue. There is a risk involved and when you are as sensitive as you are now, you are at risk of making your skin even more irritated and reactive with another v-beam, so short after. Lasers and IPL are invasive, in the sense that they emit heat in your skin and some people need more time than others to recover. And a small % seems to get worse from them unfortunately, but it's still such early days for you, that pampering yourself and your skin, letting it rest and recover might just be the way to get back to baseline redness and hopefully better

You are both so right thanks so much for all the advice!! I'm going to try rest a lot more and not stress.
    but it's just my derm actually books the appointments for me she really recommends that I get them 3 -4 weeks apart so it sends a signal to my blood vessels/ body ??? I'm not so sure it's a lot to take in for a 15 year old girl hahaha
    She explained it in such a confusing way I honestly can't remember but it's what she advised me to do so I guess I'll go along with it for now but I'll be talking to my dermatologist about it if my skin is still reacting like this next week before I go in for another treatment

Just updating apart from my horribly dry skin , I still have been a bit reactive from the treatment but I have noticed a decrease in my redness when I flush and also it is a lot easier and quicker to calm down / stop a flare. I am now starting to see white patches on my skin where redness used to be. My next treatment is next Monday and right now I am pleased with the results but still have a fair bit to go

Awesomeeeee! Progress is the best.

So happy for you Wicksyx! Best of luck with continued improvement!
    And just keep your face well moisturized.

Hi Nat! Missed you!