Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicidal thoughts

Default Suicidal thoughts

Having recently been diagnosed with rosacea, I am sorry to lower the tone. I see how positive some of you are able to be, but I'm struggling. People say they can hardly notice my skin, but I can't believe it. The whole texture of it is bumpy and when the light hits it, it looks like sandpaper.

I am really struggling (both emotionally and physically) so am hoping for some advice.

My rosacea started last year. I had an unexpected flare - no redness, just bumps ALL over my face. After 7 days, they cleared. I assumed an allergic reaction. In the following months, I had several smaller flares lasting much longer. I was already on tetralycle for acne. After givving up on advice from my doctor, I went to my dermatologist who diagnosed me with rosacea.

He said it was strange that I had developed it whilst on preventative medication, but put me on Minocycline. For 8 months it worked a dream, I didnt have a single flare and my skin was crystal clear.

2 months ago, whilst still on minocycline, i began to get small bumps on my forehead. The dermatilogist told me to double the minopcycline, but after a month I was having full on breakouts. For the first time, my face was flushing and my skin seemed gritty and thick. The dermatologist has changed my prescription to 200mg of Doxycycline and metgogel.

2 weeks in and I am worried that it isnt working. It seemed to at first, but for the past 3 days my face was on fire and I had rash-like bumps. It seems to have finally subsided, but the bumps are still there. My dermatologist isnt responding to emails - even though I have spent hundreds on him!!

Do you think that it is too early to see results yet, it has only been 2 weeks - it is just that the results on Minocycline were literally instant.

I have sadly sunk into a depression over this, something which I am sure many rosaceans feel too! If you have any advice, it would be greatly welcomed :0)

hi
    i have similar issues, i developed small red bumps on my cheeks while being on the minocycline for a staph infection on my lip. i don't flush or have redness though. does your skin look similar to mine?
    Attached Images

Laurak , If you checked my posts you'd see that I wrote a similar post maybe a week ago, and I really understand, I really do, what helped me is that I decided to be completely responsible of my condition, to stop thinking of myself as the victim that needs help and empathy from others, I read countless studies, went almost through every thread on the internet, suggested to my dermatologist what he should prescribe me , and made a very long list of stuff to try, some scientifically proved, and some only anecdotal , and although my skin is nothing like it was before I get this , It's getting better, I have my devastating bad days, I have my "why me? " moments, but really, It is not just you, nor me , everyone is suffering on their own way, and when people say they don't notice, they usually mean it! because everyone actually is focusing on their own flaws to notice what others are going through.
    one thing that helped me is to stop thinking of it as chronic thing , yes they didn't solve the puzzle, but who said it's not happening in a year or two? and also, you might through trial and error get to be one of the lucky people who put it in remission forever!
    take it as a challenge, it is nothing harder than losing a dear one or going bankrupt (I know I shouldn't compare but I often do) life sucks!

and hey, here's an interesting fact , you know, during the development of the embryo in the womb, the same cells that make the skin , do make the nervous system ( they ectoderm layer of cells ) so the connection is undeniable, I am a big believer that whatever affects your mind, affects your skin take it easy on both of them.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by rosaliac View Post
    hi
    i have similar issues, i developed small red bumps on my cheeks while being on the minocycline for a staph infection on my lip. i don't flush or have redness though. does your skin look similar to mine?
    Arent you the lucky one .Go off and enjoy your life and stop worrying about small red bumps

Banned again for not treating others with respect here
    -mfm

Quote Originally Posted by rosaliac View Post
    hi
    Your skin has much smoother complexion all over. Mine is rough looking

Quote Originally Posted by ffffff View Post
    Laurak , If you checked my posts you'd see that I wrote a similar post maybe a week ago, and I really understand, I really do, what helped me is that I decided to be completely responsible of my condition, to stop thinking of myself as the victim that needs help and empathy from others, I read countless studies, went almost through every thread on the internet, suggested to my dermatologist what he should prescribe me , and made a very long list of stuff to try, some scientifically proved, and some only anecdotal , and although my skin is nothing like it was before I get this , It's getting better, I have my devastating bad days, I have my "why me? " moments, but really, It is not just you, nor me , everyone is suffering on their own way, and when people say they don't notice, they usually mean it! because everyone actually is focusing on their own flaws to notice what others are going through.
    one thing that helped me is to stop thinking of it as chronic thing , yes they didn't solve the puzzle, but who said it's not happening in a year or two? and also, you might through trial and error get to be one of the lucky people who put it in remission forever!
    take it as a challenge, it is nothing harder than losing a dear one or going bankrupt (I know I shouldn't compare but I often do) life sucks!

and hey, here's an interesting fact , you know, during the development of the embryo in the womb, the same cells that make the skin , do make the nervous system ( they ectoderm layer of cells ) so the connection is undeniable, I am a big believer that whatever affects your mind, affects your skin take it easy on both of them.
    Thanks for your reply

Default re

hey i was on 100 mg minocyclene for about a week and it thought It made me fairly sick...however, oracea has done very well for me...it may be spelled different out in your country, but i'm pretty sure it's available there. it is 40mg doxycyclene with timed release...i have had little to no side effects from it...definitely ask your derms about it....my derms never suggested it (perhaps because it actually works and they'd rather keep me from managing the condition to keep me coming back) also diet makes a difference for me. yoga and meditation is also very wonderful. we are here for you during these tough times. rosacea can be a very difficult thing to deal with, but there is hope! lots of people here find things that work to help them manage their condition...stay strong and go to a yoga class and to your derm to ask about oracea cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    hey i was on 100 mg minocyclene for about a week and it thought It made me fairly sick...however, oracea has done very well for me...it may be spelled different out in your country, but i'm pretty sure it's available there. it is 40mg doxycyclene with timed release...i have had little to no side effects from it...definitely ask your derms about it....my derms never suggested it (perhaps because it actually works and they'd rather keep me from managing the condition to keep me coming back) also diet makes a difference for me. yoga and meditation is also very wonderful. we are here for you during these tough times. rosacea can be a very difficult thing to deal with, but there is hope! lots of people here find things that work to help them manage their condition...stay strong and go to a yoga class and to your derm to ask about oracea cheers
    Thanks so much for your reply. I definitely feel less alone when I open up on here. Can I ask, how long did it take to see results on oracea?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laurak View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply. I definitely feel less alone when I open up on here. Can I ask, how long did it take to see results on oracea?

Thanks
    Hi Laurak. I never tried oracea but it might be worth a shot. Also, did you get
    A second opinion? The sudden way your rosacea appeared -- might look at threads
    About demodex mites. The advice another poster gave you is the absolute
    Best: don't be a victim. You have the power to decide how you will react and solve
    This health challenge. Keep posting. Hugs to you, birdie

I know how you feel. I've let my life descend into darkness because of my skin. Everyday I wake up, cry and then contemplate suicide. I've lost my job, girlfriend and control of my life because of it, although I know that it's my fault because I've just let this condition beat me. I really am at my wits end and feel life isnt worth it anymore. I can't give you any advice because I'm still unable to deal with this myself. I just want to let you know you are not alone. I'm 21 and all I think about is taking my own life, this is such an evil horrible condition.