Thread: Difference between P&P zits and regular ones

Default Difference between P&P zits and regular ones

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to how P&P zits are different than regular acne. Maybe the life cycle/what they look like/how they form. Even pictures would be helpful. I'm at a point in my treatment where the doctors are uncertain if what I have is P&P rosacea, an athpical form of herpes, or regular acne. All I know is that these seem much different than the regular teenage acne zits.

I may also have seb derm, if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated!

FWIW as I am not super knowledgeable on this, but my P&P are just hard bumps with no pus - and they aren’t tender. My teenage acne was usually white heads (with gunk inside) or they were tender, inflamed bumps. Also, now the bumps last a lot longer than teenage acne – which usually went away in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplicatedChart View Post
    Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to how P&P zits are different than regular acne. Maybe the life cycle/what they look like/how they form. Even pictures would be helpful. I'm at a point in my treatment where the doctors are uncertain if what I have is P&P rosacea, an athpical form of herpes, or regular acne. All I know is that these seem much different than the regular teenage acne zits.

I may also have seb derm, if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated!
    the one major difference between acne and P&Ps is that an acne breakout is directly connected to a pore whereas the P&Ps do not have any specific relation to pores. to be even more specific, a zit would be a pore that has dirt and sebum collected in it, has formed a hardened, crusty shell and often, the first sight of it would be a blackhead. P&Ps simply do not have the same characteristics. there would be no blackhead because it is not a dirty pore and the P&Ps cannot be extracted like acne. the P&Ps may feel softer or 'squishier' to the touch because they are not filled with the same substance and the root cause is not the same.
    Last edited by fauxmccoy; 30th April 2014 at 07:42 PM.