Thread: Whatís working for me! (Low Carb diet)

Default Whatís working for me! (Low Carb diet)

Iíve suffered with P&Pís for the last 3 years. Previously the only thing that completely cleared my P&Ps was higher dosage antibiotics. I decided 2 years ago that I no longer wanted to take antibiotics for the rest of my life. I tried Tea Tree Oil, I tried ZZ cream, I tried Ivermectin, I tried honey, etc, etc. I thought some of those things (especially the ZZ cream) provided some benefit to me, but it was never anything that lasted for any length of time or provided a total clearing.

Over the past 3 years I have tried at various times to limit carbs and I think that has helped my condition, but I had never kept with it for more than a week or two at a time. About 6 weeks I got really serious about going low carb and for the last 6 weeks I have mostly kept up a low carb diet and my face hasnít looked this good in years!

I do want to give a special thanks to Brady in this forum for being the person I read on this forum who provided the connection between carbs and P&Ps!! I only wish I would have tried Bradyís 30 day low carb test 2 years ago! Iím probably somewhat above the 30g carbs that Brady recommendsÖ.but even being maybe around 50 or 60g carbs a day (and keeping that up for 30 days) I am seeing great results.

Now, Iím wondering why going low carb is working? Do I have candida and going low carb is helping that? Am I allergic to Wheat or Gluten? Anybody have any thoughts or guesses?

Thanks chchchanging. This isn't rocket science. Carbohydrate is simply different kinds of sugar. There are absolutely no minerals, no vitamins, or any essential nutrients in carbohydrate. Carbohydrate is used for energy or fuel in the body cells. If you reduce the carbohydrate (energy or fuel) the body changes the metabolism by increasing glucagon, what is sometimes called the 'fasting hormone.' This metabolic change helps rosacea. Reduce the fuel and the 'fire goes out' or at least is reduced. This obviously doesn't cure rosacea but is simply a means to control it as you have discovered.

My rosacea is controlled by this method. And as you have found out if you increase carbohydrate back into your diet, especially with loads of sugar, you increase your insulin and, Voila! Your rosacea comes back.

Changing your metabolism to glucagon dominance controls rosacea. Eating high carbohydrate creates an insulin dominance which is conducive to creating a rosacea environment that feeds on the carbohydrate.

Think of the fire triangle. Reduce the fuel and the rosacea fire goes out (or at least is reduced).
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Low Carb Diet

I am just finishing up my gluten/dairy free diet that has been minimally successful. Now I will attempt the anti-histamine diet.

However, I will be sure to give the low carb diet a go afterwards! Brady, where can I find a full guide to the diet?

Thank you,

- Russell

Default Low Carb Diet

I am just finishing up my gluten/dairy free diet that has been minimally successful. Now I will attempt the anti-histamine diet.

However, I will be sure to give the low carb diet a go afterwards! Brady, where can I find a full guide to the diet?

Thank you,

- Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Twiggy View Post

Thank you,

- Russell
    http://link.irosacea.org/limited_time_offer.php
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi