Thread: looking for advice on flushing medication.

Default looking for advice on flushing medication.

Hi everyone, i have got an appointment with my dermatologist next month, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what flushing medication is most effective. Currently i am taking 25 micrograms of clonidine, 3 tablets, twice a day. It does help, but i still struggle badly with my flushes. I have tried beta blockers and various other medications before, but with little success. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who could point me in the right direction before i see my derm again, as both he and I are running out of ideas. Thanks.

This is what I have collected about this subject. Might want to type in 'anti flushing drugs' in the top right corner search box to see what you get.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hello Burner

I took Clonidine (Dixarit) for several years and it does take a while for the full effects to kick in but it can be a very effective drug for the flushing aspect of rosacea without any significant side effects at lower dosages. If you find it is helping then maybe give it longer before trying something else.

Good luck

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    This is what I have collected about this subject. Might want to type in 'anti flushing drugs' in the top right corner search box to see what you get.
    Hi Brady,

thanks for replying and thanks for the information, much appreciated. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hello Burner

I took Clonidine (Dixarit) for several years and it does take a while for the full effects to kick in but it can be a very effective drug for the flushing aspect of rosacea without any significant side effects at lower dosages. If you find it is helping then maybe give it longer before trying something else.

Good luck

Peter
    Hi, Peter,

Thanks for replying. I see where you are coming from. I have been on this drug for a couple of years now, so i was just trying to find out if there is anything more effective. I know there is no cure, but you have to keep on searching and try not to give up hope i guess. Thanks again, all the best.

Hello Burner

I took the drug for about 4 years and then was able to stop because it had put a dent in the flushing issues I had suffered from. After 2 years then your GP should be able to tell you how effective it has been and what other options you could consider. You could of course ask him if the dose could be increased but there is always the risk of extra side effects by doing this.

Peter