Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vbeam Hyperpigmentation or Hemosiderin Stain?

Default Vbeam Hyperpigmentation or Hemosiderin Stain?

Hello everyone!! So I recently had my third vbeam (at a dermatologist's office) done 4 weeks ago and this time my laser nurse wanted to go more aggressive. I trusted her as the last two times went off with no problem, but this time the purpura was very severe and included some weeping and crusting. Fortunately there were no blisters or scabs, as I put a ton of petroleum jelly to help prevent scabbing. Right now at the 4 week mark I have these brown marks from my intense vbeam treatment and they are causing my great anxiety and concern. Reading on these forums about hyperpigmentation and hemosiderin stains, I cannot tell if I have one or the other, or both, so feedback from members who have information on this would be great! My dermatologist prescribed me hydroquinone today, but I am hesitant to try it as I have very sensitive skin and I do not want to make it worse. So please any advice and information on what this looks like to you and if you have any tips on helping this heal would be great. Thanks again everyone!!!

2013-04-23 13.19.39.jpg2013-04-23 13.20.25.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by titus23 View Post
    Hello everyone!! So I recently had my third vbeam (at a dermatologist's office) done 4 weeks ago and this time my laser nurse wanted to go more aggressive. I trusted her as the last two times went off with no problem, but this time the purpura was very severe and included some weeping and crusting. Fortunately there were no blisters or scabs, as I put a ton of petroleum jelly to help prevent scabbing. Right now at the 4 week mark I have these brown marks from my intense vbeam treatment and they are causing my great anxiety and concern. Reading on these forums about hyperpigmentation and hemosiderin stains, I cannot tell if I have one or the other, or both, so feedback from members who have information on this would be great! My dermatologist prescribed me hydroquinone today, but I am hesitant to try it as I have very sensitive skin and I do not want to make it worse. So please any advice and information on what this looks like to you and if you have any tips on helping this heal would be great. Thanks again everyone!!!

2013-04-23 13.19.39.jpg2013-04-23 13.20.25.jpg
    tats pih post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.... try turmeric cream or vitamin k cream or olay regenerist with niacinamide max of 3 months it will be gone

can u update us with ur v beam settings

Default Vbeam Settings

Quote Originally Posted by shoaib View Post
    can u update us with ur v beam settings
    Not sure about all the settings, but I believe the nurse used 9.5 joules on most of the area on both cheeks. Although she said that she used 10 joules on one spot, but thought it bruised too much and dialed it back to 9.5 joules.

Not sure about all the settings, but I believe the nurse used 9.5 joules on most of the area on both cheeks. Although she said that she used 10 joules on one spot, but thought it bruised too much and dialed it back to 9.5 joules.
    what about wavelength ur settings here is an example

9.5 joules 1.5 ms 6m spotsize ur settings will be something lik this try to get full settings please ......

Quote Originally Posted by shoaib View Post
    what about wavelength ur settings here is an example

9.5 joules 1.5 ms 6m spotsize ur settings will be something lik this try to get full settings please ......
    Okay well I asked the nurse today and she said my settings for most of my face were 9.5 joules 10ms and 7m spot size. Hope this helps

Was this purpuric or non-purpuric? My settings were even a bit higher than yours, ranging from 11-13J and I had massive redness and swelling for a few weeks after the treatment, but no hyperpigmentation.

You can read my journal here:
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ment-(journal)

Default Definitely purpuric for me

Quote Originally Posted by bmn View Post
    Was this purpuric or non-purpuric? My settings were even a bit higher than yours, ranging from 11-13J and I had massive redness and swelling for a few weeks after the treatment, but no hyperpigmentation.

You can read my journal here:
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ment-(journal)
    Oh wow your settings were higher and from the pic on your journal it didnt even look purpuric. But I did hear that the new Vbeam perfecta laser can use higher settings without purpura...in hindsight I should have done that, lol. Here is a pic of me the next day of my vbeam with obvious purpura. 2013-03-28 21.19.48.jpg2013-03-28 21.19.31.jpg

Oh wow your settings were higher and from the pic on your journal it didnt even look purpuric. But I did hear that the new Vbeam perfecta laser can use higher settings without purpura...in hindsight I should have done that, lol. Here is a pic of me the next day of my vbeam with obvious purpura. 2013-03-28 21.19.48.jpg2013-03-28 21.19.31.jpg
    Wow, those pictures are intense! So here's my take on your situation. It's only been four weeks since some really dark bruising. I think you are healing quickly and nicely. Applying either label you are asking about would be too soon. It's not a "condition" you have, it's a quickly healing bruise. There are things you can do to help the body clear the hemoglobin from the extracellular tissue quicker. This "Vbeam" treatment is meant to destroy the capillaries in an area so that does cut down on good circulation to an area and will slow down their removal but it looks like it is clearing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Wow, those pictures are intense! So here's my take on your situation. It's only been four weeks since some really dark bruising. I think you are healing quickly and nicely. Applying either label you are asking about would be too soon. It's not a "condition" you have, it's a quickly healing bruise. There are things you can do to help the body clear the hemoglobin from the extracellular tissue quicker. This "Vbeam" treatment is meant to destroy the capillaries in an area so that does cut down on good circulation to an area and will slow down their removal but it looks like it is clearing well.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and you are right when I see pics from 4 weeks ago, it definitely has healed a lot, but it sucks to see that it hasnt gone away yet :/ And yes I know it was a very intense vbeam!! My derm, laser nurse, and I still dont know why it happened this way because the settings were not too high and I was not on any aspirin or other supplement that can cause me to bruise more. I will do my best to help it heal more and I guess I will just have to be patient which is not my best quality, lol. Thanks