Thread: Praxis Biotechnology develops potentially groundbreaking Rosacea Medication

Default Praxis Biotechnology develops potentially groundbreaking Rosacea Medication

"They’ve developed a topical medication targeting a specific protein that is found in the skin of people with rosacea."
    Interestingly, what kind of protein?

Quote Originally Posted by buratino29 View Post
    "They’ve developed a topical medication targeting a specific protein that is found in the skin of people with rosacea."
    Interestingly, what kind of protein?
    Good question. I guess it could be some kind of PRR / Toll Like Receptor.

Actually there is another simular company called Dermata, who is working on their future Topical to, called DMT 210 which downregulates Toll Like Receptors e.t.c:
    http://www.dermatarx.com/new-index/

Thanks Ralbihn for great finds. Those are interesting developments. But let’s keep in mind that Praxis Biotechnology is a start-up. Hope they will be able to raise enough money to carry on with the research.
    Dermata states “DMT210 has demonstrated downregulation of TLR2, lowering IL-8 production.* In addition, DMT210 also exhibited a reduction in IL-6, which is a powerful inflammatory mediator. “
    As far as I understand those receptors interfere with immune system. That would require them to go through rigorous tests before any approval is granted.
    All in all, I think a new research direction is starting to shape. It looks like a dull vasoconstrictor line of research is over.
    Let's keep an eye on them.

Very good! I say, where can I invest?

Default Praxis Biotechnology 2020, Update from Dr. Wladis

Email update from Dr. Edward J. Wladis about how things are going with Praxis Biotechnology and its development;

We are still very excited to begin testing our medication. Currently, we are handling the regulatory burdens that are necessary prior to beginning our trial. I certainly hope to begin in the next few months,
    Last edited by Ralbihn; 22nd February 2020 at 03:15 PM.