Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannabidiol (CBD) for Chronic Facial Blushing

Default Cannabidiol (CBD) for Chronic Facial Blushing

Many people who experience chronic facial blushing often have a form of anxiety. Although the anxiety may be minor, the blushing experience may have a much greater effect on an individual due to the physical and mental pain and annoyance of a blushing episode

I have researched cannabidiol, a cannabinoid found in cannabis, for the alleviation of anxiety in patients. Although cannabis alone may certainly intensify anxiety and blushing episodes, cannabidiol may do the exact opposite.

Perhaps the most prone an individual is to a blushing episode is during a public speaking event. Cannabidiol was tested on individuals during a study where individuals anxiety levels were measured while they were asked to participate in a public speaking event. Individuals who were given cannabidiol had significant decreases in their anxiety levels.

On the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health website the study reports that "The placebo group presented higher anxiety, cognitive impairment, discomfort, and alert levels when compared with the control group as assessed with the VAMS. The SSPS-N scores evidenced significant increases during the testing of placebo group that was almost abolished in the CBD group."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079847/

Has anyone experienced using cannabidiol in a large enough dose to treat their chronic blushing? Obtaining the right quantity of CBD may be difficult for many because of the cannabis laws but several states do offer medical cannabis. I would be very interested on how CBD would compare to other medications to treat blushing due to anxiety like propranolol and benzodiazepines.

Wow this is interesting. It's too bad our government is so against natural medicine. There is no way to even try this for me.

I doubt this has any effect. The study you are referencing talks about anxiety, and anxiety symptoms. Anxiety produces VERY SLIGHT reddening of cheeks, as blood flow to the extremities is increased b/c of the flight or fight response.

Rosacea is primarily and inflammatory disease, which can worse with anxiety, but it's root cause is not anxiety. Thus, treating anxiety, as if it were the root cause, would surely have no effect.

mikeee, I feel like if anxiety was the root cause, then wouldn't treatment with benzos or other anti-anxiety medication be much more appropriate? I don't believe that MMJ is typically used for anxiety, that is if this treatment is alluding to that.

After obtaining medical marijuana with a THC/CBD ratio of 9.75% to 15.89% I have had a SIGNIFICANT reduction in the frequency and severity of facial blushing/flushing. Episodes for me can be completely random or can be brought on by stress/anxiety related situations. My face is always a light pink but a blushing/flushing episode will turn it to a deep red that will last between 30 seconds to an hour depending on the situation. I typically experience an episode a few times a day but the worst, longest ones being at night.

Vaporizing the medical marijuana produces a slight high effect but the THC levels are low compared to other marijuana strains. I found it to be effective for 3-6 hours and works just a few minutes after dosing. Other strains can be obtained with even lower THC levels as well. I also think eating the marijuana would prove to be effective for longer periods of time but would take a larger amount to be as effective as vaporizing.

It would be great if Cannabidiol could be found in a pure form...but as of now this would be very difficult to find.

I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who suffers from chronic facial blushing/flushing to try CBD. I've been using it for about a week now with zero rebound and no side effects other than the slight high feeling from the THC. In just about every situation where I would tend to have an episode, the high CBD marijuana has seemed to completely eliminate this feeling both mentally and physically.

Were you able to get an Rx to use it specifically to treat flushing?
    My state Maryland just recently signed a Med Marijauna bill into law but not sure if that would be covered here.

also this Dr seems to think it extends the effect of THC
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 6th May 2014 at 09:10 PM.

just learning about this CBD stuff ..it does sound good for anxiety flushes

Apparently you can get a mouth spray form 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC, in the UK?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabiximols

or chocolate flavored truffles even in US:
    http://www.projectcbd.org/products/p...s-and-reviews/
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 6th May 2014 at 10:03 PM.

Hello all! I have been taking CBD oil for some months now and while it worked on my base anxiety, it didn't really lower the number of blushing episodes throughout the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Niña de Fuego View Post
    Hello all! I have been taking CBD oil for some months now and while it worked on my base anxiety, it didn't really lower the number of blushing episodes throughout the day...
    with or without THC?

I believe THC is needed with CBD for there to be any significant effect, i.e. full spectrum cannabis oil.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!