Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Vbeam-trying to stay posative- encouragement welcome

I hope nobody feels under any pressure to post pictures of themselves, and that they do so entirely voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoScoops View Post
    I hope nobody feels under any pressure to post pictures of themselves, and that they do so entirely voluntarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelassie View Post
    Just a quick update before I head to class. I'm on day number 5 and have no more swelling. Thank goodness. I finally slept horizontal last night which was so much more comfortable than sleeping propped up. My bruise-dots have all turned a red color but are very much still present and quite dark. I hope this is normal, I was thinking they would be lighter/have faded more by now but I guess patience is the answer to that. I am a girl so makeup is very much an option for me. I was able to get 90-95% coverage of the bruising by applying 2 coats of estee lauder maximum coverage foundation, a light coat of jane iredale pure pressed base, and a little blush. Not that I look "good" by any means haha but it works. I've been taking pictures at the same time every day to document and will post them sometime.
    Hardly being forced and what you said is a given. Of course it's their choice. However the OP said the above in bold. I was merely showing there was interest.

Most people choose to crop the photo to show only the treatment area which is totally fine. Nobody needs to see the whole picture. That's what I did to mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoScoops View Post
    Thanks. I do want to post pictures, I just don't even like to look at them myself. My husband has been the one taking them. I'll try to post some today when I get home from my internship because I actually don't feel like I'm healing very fast and would love some reassurance that they won't be here forever. My forehead and chin are looking good but my cheeks are still covered in red dots. Today is the 8th day. The only reason I can cover them with makeup is because I'm using camoflauge makekp that is supposed to be able to cover tatoos. I look like a geisha :P it's not cute.

Okay I had my husband text me the pictures from yesterday (7 days since treatment) bc I'm at my internship. I'm getting a little stressed and need some reassurance that this is okay. Let me know if they don't upload correctly I'm doing this on my phone. In the beginning the bruise spots were dark purple/eggplant colored. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395936584.441812.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395936596.113823.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395936605.346241.jpg

Looks almost exactly how mine and others members did

Stay out of the sun because that is what will give you brown spots that take a while to go away. My derm warned me of this each time I went. People who are in the sun will develop temporary but longer lasting marks. (few weeks)

Do you know the laser settings by any chance?
    Last edited by username; 27th March 2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Looks almost exactly how mine and others members did

Stay out of the sun because that is what will give you brown spots that take a while to go away. My derm warned me of this each time I went. People who are in the sun will develop temporary but longer lasting marks. (few weeks)

Do you know the laser settings by any chance?
    Was this how you looked 7 days in? If so, I'm glad to hear it
    I am going to ask her the settings next time I go in. My husband said he saw a number on the machine that went up and down 4.8-5 but that couldn't be the joules right? That wouldn't leave a mark. Thanks for the info about the sun. I've been outside only to and from the car and wearing sunscreen. Were you able to avoid hyperpigmentation, I feel like every vbeam post I read, the person ended up with it regardless. And how long until your spots were all gone? Sorry for all the questions

Was this how you looked 7 days in? If so, I'm glad to hear it
    I am going to ask her the settings next time I go in. My husband said he saw a number on the machine that went up and down 4.8-5 but that couldn't be the joules right? That wouldn't leave a mark. Thanks for the info about the sun. I've been outside only to and from the car and wearing sunscreen. Were you able to avoid hyperpigmentation, I feel like every vbeam post I read, the person ended up with it regardless. And how long until your spots were all gone? Sorry for all the questions
    Hmm yeah 4.8 does seem low to have marks like that. I had 8 and I would say they were more like that. Bruising is very dependent on the pulse duration though I believe. (lower number = stronger)

I avoided hyperpigmentation, of all the cases I know where it happened it always went away, never permanent that I know of. Vbeam is regarded as very safe as lasers go.

I would say it took 12 days or so until the marks were pretty much gone, so while yours are taking a little longer they looked similar to mine at maybe 6 days. Everyones skin is different so this is not a surprise to me.

Mind me asking the cost?
    Last edited by username; 27th March 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Hmm yeah 4.8 does seem low to have marks like that. I had 8 and I would say they were more like that. Bruising is very dependent on the pulse duration though I believe. (lower number = stronger)

I avoided hyperpigmentation, of all the cases I know where it happened it always went away, never permanent that I know of. Vbeam is regarded as very safe as lasers go.

I would say it took 12 days or so until the marks were pretty much gone, so while yours are taking a little longer they looked similar to mine at maybe 6 days. Everyones skin is different so this is not a surprise to me.

Mind me asking the cost?

That's comforting to hear about the hyperpigmentation. I only paid $255, I think its "usually" $300/treatment but every time I asked pricing they always told me it was 15% off haha I think its a permanent deal she has going on. That's the lowest I've ever read of someone paying...I had the option of the dermatologist doing the treatment or the nurse. I asked that the derm do it because I was nervous, she also had a man in the room, I believe a tech who comes with the machine since they rent it 1 day/month.

That's comforting to hear about the hyperpigmentation. I only paid $255, I think its "usually" $300/treatment but every time I asked pricing they always told me it was 15% off haha I think its a permanent deal she has going on. That's the lowest I've ever read of someone paying...I had the option of the dermatologist doing the treatment or the nurse. I asked that the derm do it because I was nervous, she also had a man in the room, I believe a tech who comes with the machine since they rent it 1 day/month.
    That's awesome. Mine is $400 for only the cheeks so the whole face for $255 is really good.

the thing which was going up and down were no of pulses