Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Vbeam-trying to stay posative- encouragement welcome

Default First Vbeam-trying to stay posative- encouragement welcome

Hello,

I have posted in the forum before but not regarding VBeam. I'm 23 years old and was diagnosed with rosacea when I was 21. My aunt and grandmother also have rosacea. I have permanent redness and rarely flush. My cheeks were red for awhile before my nose, chin, and forehead joined the party. In the past I have had 6 IPLs and saw very little results. I also had no downtime from the IPL treatments and my face was back to normal within an hour or two after treatment. After I experienced a horrible rebound from Mirvaso, I went to my dermatologist to discuss other options. I have only seen this derm a few times because I recently moved and left my previous derm. This dermatologist seems very nice and caring and even mentioned that she has some mild rosacea but does VBeam about 1-2 times a year. Her cheeks were slightly pink but in a rosy attractive way. Anyway I signed up for a VBeam treatment, she only has the machines in her office 1 Wednesday month so I picked the soonest available time. It was only $255 which is the lowest I have even seen or heard of. I had the option of either her or the nurse performing the treatment, but I asked her to do it because that made me feel more comfortable. In all honestly, the nurse usually performs the treatments so she may have been even more skilled.

My first treatment was yesterday afternoon. She told me she thought it was best to be a little more aggressive and deal with the bruising to see better results and needs less treatments overall. She even said that she expected an 80% reduction in my redness from this treatment. That seems a little too optimistic if you ask me, but if were true I would love it. I wish I had asked about the settings/type of machine etc but was so nervous and just wanted to get it over with. It was fairly painful, it just felt so hot and afterwards my cheeks were throbbing and felt sunburned. She showed me the mirror after my treatment and said the bruises should fade in 7-10 days. She treated my entire face with my cheeks being the most bruised. I have pencil eraser sized dark purple spots in straight rows across each cheek and lines of them across my forehead and chin . I held frozen vegetables on my face all evening and slept propped up. This morning the marks are still the exact same and my cheeks are fairly swollen but the sunburn feeling is almost gone. I am able to stay home from my internship today and Friday then have Saturday and Sunday to hide inside as well. Monday I do have to go to class for an hour so am keeping my fingers crossed that makeup will cover this mostly by Monday. I feel like it will take 2-3 weeks for these bruises to fade. It's hard not to panic when I see my face, I am trying to remember that the body heals itself remarkably. I just worry about hyperpigmentation and indentations and all the other things I've read about. I decided to post this just for encouragement as not many people really understand how hard this is mentally and physically. Any tips would be much appreciated as well. I am assuming I should put on lotion once or twice a day? I use Cerave. I do plan on posting pictures of before, during, and after the process but am going to wait. I really don't even want to look at the pictures of my purple spots just yet.

Thanks everyone

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelassie View Post
    Hello,

I have posted in the forum before but not regarding VBeam. I'm 23 years old and was diagnosed with rosacea when I was 21. My aunt and grandmother also have rosacea. I have permanent redness and rarely flush. My cheeks were red for awhile before my nose, chin, and forehead joined the party. In the past I have had 6 IPLs and saw very little results. I also had no downtime from the IPL treatments and my face was back to normal within an hour or two after treatment. After I experienced a horrible rebound from Mirvaso, I went to my dermatologist to discuss other options. I have only seen this derm a few times because I recently moved and left my previous derm. This dermatologist seems very nice and caring and even mentioned that she has some mild rosacea but does VBeam about 1-2 times a year. Her cheeks were slightly pink but in a rosy attractive way. Anyway I signed up for a VBeam treatment, she only has the machines in her office 1 Wednesday month so I picked the soonest available time. It was only $255 which is the lowest I have even seen or heard of. I had the option of either her or the nurse performing the treatment, but I asked her to do it because that made me feel more comfortable. In all honestly, the nurse usually performs the treatments so she may have been even more skilled.

My first treatment was yesterday afternoon. She told me she thought it was best to be a little more aggressive and deal with the bruising to see better results and needs less treatments overall. She even said that she expected an 80% reduction in my redness from this treatment. That seems a little too optimistic if you ask me, but if were true I would love it. I wish I had asked about the settings/type of machine etc but was so nervous and just wanted to get it over with. It was fairly painful, it just felt so hot and afterwards my cheeks were throbbing and felt sunburned. She showed me the mirror after my treatment and said the bruises should fade in 7-10 days. She treated my entire face with my cheeks being the most bruised. I have pencil eraser sized dark purple spots in straight rows across each cheek and lines of them across my forehead and chin . I held frozen vegetables on my face all evening and slept propped up. This morning the marks are still the exact same and my cheeks are fairly swollen but the sunburn feeling is almost gone. I am able to stay home from my internship today and Friday then have Saturday and Sunday to hide inside as well. Monday I do have to go to class for an hour so am keeping my fingers crossed that makeup will cover this mostly by Monday. I feel like it will take 2-3 weeks for these bruises to fade. It's hard not to panic when I see my face, I am trying to remember that the body heals itself remarkably. I just worry about hyperpigmentation and indentations and all the other things I've read about. I decided to post this just for encouragement as not many people really understand how hard this is mentally and physically. Any tips would be much appreciated as well. I am assuming I should put on lotion once or twice a day? I use Cerave. I do plan on posting pictures of before, during, and after the process but am going to wait. I really don't even want to look at the pictures of my purple spots just yet.

Thanks everyone
    I've only had non purpura vbeam treatments but I think it can take up to 1-2 weeks for the bruising to subside but it is good a sign that the burning has stopped, I wouldn't over ice, use cool compresses as I was told using ice pack for too long can cause a flare up and keep yourself propt up at night for to relieve the swelling. Because of the swelling it looks like you have indentations but as the swelling goes down those will dissapear. I've had 10 vbeams and i always have the lumpy bumpy look for a 2-3 days after. I understand as I'm sure many of here do how stressful it is having the treatments and waiting for the healing, but give it time. Stress is one of the worst things for rosacea so try to relax, think happy thoughts and it should be fine. As I was told baby your face until it has healed. Good luck

mastro, thank you for the advice and kind words. I do think its going to be more on the 2 week side of things before this is really better. I have a lot of really intense bruising. Hopefully thought the swelling will be gone within another day or two. Its scary seeing all this on my face.

Hello,

Thanks everyone
    can u upload pics pls .... it might help regarding healing

i would advise u to stay indoors even sunscrren on will lead to flares pls pls avoid going out or doing any work ......its healing time new vwssels will be growing dont want them to flush and progress ur rosacea .... use a de humidifier for a week ... no chocolates or soda drinks and no msg products (monosodium glutamate) found in chips noodles etc ... ..

I'm over a month since my first V beam (no bruising) and have all over redness. It has helped exponentially. The swelling will go down. The dimple marks will fade. As for the bruising I can't talk about.

I've scheduled my next one and can't wait. I've seen, after the first one, a 45% relief in redness. My face feels better - that was my main thing. I also went into the treatment recovering off of a bad reaction to Mirvosa so this next treatment I'm hoping for a better experience.

The takeaway is that Vbeam in my experience really works. But the healing takes time. Like I said I'm a little over a month after 1st treatment and I'm back to better than my baseline.

Hang in there.

Thanks guys and I'm SO glad to hear that you had positive results even without bruising.

I will post pictures at some point, but right now its just so stressful even looking at my face since its covered in so many dark dots. The swelling has already gone down a good bit, but my cheeks are still a little poofy and under my left eye is still fairly swollen although she left a good gap around my eyes. My little bruise dots are so dense my husband estimated there are at least 300 of them. He was going to count them but I don't really want to even know. They have already lightened a shade or so and are sort of wine colored now as opposed to purple. My skin seems sensitive and little pink and warm in between the bruises. That's to be expected with significant trauma I guess. I'm actually not seeing any indentations so far so that's good and I haven't left my house since my treatment and wont be for 2 1/2 more days haha so no UV light issues either. I'm also wondering when I should wash my face...I'm scared to touch it.

Here is a photo of someone who looks similar to me (middle picture) http://www.tawhillsurgery.com/videof...DLPictures.htm
    This persons bruises are slightly more dense than mine and maybe a shade lighter than mine or the same

Just a quick update before I head to class. I'm on day number 5 and have no more swelling. Thank goodness. I finally slept horizontal last night which was so much more comfortable than sleeping propped up. My bruise-dots have all turned a red color but are very much still present and quite dark. I hope this is normal, I was thinking they would be lighter/have faded more by now but I guess patience is the answer to that. I am a girl so makeup is very much an option for me. I was able to get 90-95% coverage of the bruising by applying 2 coats of estee lauder maximum coverage foundation, a light coat of jane iredale pure pressed base, and a little blush. Not that I look "good" by any means haha but it works. I've been taking pictures at the same time every day to document and will post them sometime.

Thank you for telling your story. I hope other treatments work better for you. You do seem to have a positive attitude which always helps.

Just a quick update before I head to class. I'm on day number 5 and have no more swelling. Thank goodness. I finally slept horizontal last night which was so much more comfortable than sleeping propped up. My bruise-dots have all turned a red color but are very much still present and quite dark. I hope this is normal, I was thinking they would be lighter/have faded more by now but I guess patience is the answer to that. I am a girl so makeup is very much an option for me. I was able to get 90-95% coverage of the bruising by applying 2 coats of estee lauder maximum coverage foundation, a light coat of jane iredale pure pressed base, and a little blush. Not that I look "good" by any means haha but it works. I've been taking pictures at the same time every day to document and will post them sometime.
    Wow quite fast healing, although im male, no way someone could cover up my bruises after 5 days!
    I'm interested in your pics.

Yes please upload pics when you get a chance. It's nice to see differences in vbeam treatments for comparison.