Thread: Bepanthen: my nose isn't red anymore.

Default Bepanthen: my nose isn't red anymore.

Hi all,

This is my first post. I just joined because after years of suffering with my red nose, I've finally found something that works (at least for me). I mean it really really works, and I wanted to share it, in the hope it might help someone else.

I've been using Bepanthen for about a week now. I bought it originally because a friend suggested it, after I burned my hand badly last year. It's a healing cream which seems to be marketed towards Nappy rash.

Anyway after complaining to the same friend that my nose just seems to be getting worse and worse, to the point were it was very sore and even bleeding. She suggested that I put some Bepanthen on it, and that it might settle it down, and give it time to heal. It hadn't really occurred to me that Bepanthen would be useful, as I've mainly be focusing on face washes and antiseptic creams, and expensive things with witch-hazel (All of which have just felt like snake oil).

So I tried Bepanthen, and within a few hours noticed the skin on my nose and cheeks had settled down a bit and looked better. I've been applying it every morning and night before bed, and every day this week I've woken up find my nose a little less red than the day before. I also haven't had a single new spot or lump.

I woke up today and looked in the mirror and my nose is the same skin tone as my face. It's almost surreal. Its like looking at a different person who I'd forgotten about. I feel wonderful

Anyway I really hope this will help someone else.
    Kind Regards.
    Last edited by Smacky; 14th March 2014 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smacky View Post
    Hi all,

This is my first post. I just joined because after years of suffering with my red nose, I've finally found something that works (at least for me). I mean it really really works, and I wanted to share it, in the hope it might help someone else.

I've been using Bepanthen for about a week now. I bought it originally because a friend suggested it, after I burned my hand badly last year. It's a healing cream which seems to be marketed towards Nappy rash.

Anyway after complaining to the same friend that my nose just seems to be getting worse and worse, to the point were it was very sore and even bleeding. She suggested that I put some Bepanthen on it, and that it might settle it down, and give it time to heal. It hadn't really occurred to me that Bepanthen would be useful, as I've mainly be focusing on face washes and antiseptic creams, and expensive things with witch-hazel (All of which have just felt like snake oil).

So I tried Bepanthen, and within a few hours noticed the skin on my nose and cheeks had settled down a bit and looked better. I've been applying it every morning and night before bed, and every day this week I've woken up find my nose a little less red than the day before. I also haven't had a single new spot or lump.

I woke up today and looked in the mirror and my nose is the same skin tone as my face. It's almost surreal. Its like looking at a different person who I'd forgotten about. I feel wonderful

Kind Regards.

Thanks for sharing your success! Does Bepanthen have zinc oxide in it like sudocrem? thats also used for nappy rash and has a high zinc oxide content. It is great for healing blemishes, scabs etc and reducing redness

Default I wish I'd tried this

Quote Originally Posted by Smacky View Post
    Hi all,

Kind Regards.
    This sounds like one of those life hacks and I wish I'd thought of this as it could have saved me a fortune. Great to hear it has helped and that you feel wonderful I had a similar experience (albeit more expensive) when I used proskin the rosacea cream by mama nature. I have to say this cream is not cheap but it worked for me brilliantly and after spending a fortune prior to using this I was relieved to the point of crying that it worked. The rosacea gradually faded and the acne purged and almost evaporated as the spots dried up and flaked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda123 View Post
    This sounds like one of those life hacks and I wish I'd thought of this as it could have saved me a fortune. Great to hear it has helped and that you feel wonderful I had a similar experience (albeit more expensive) when I used proskin the rosacea cream by mama nature. I have to say this cream is not cheap but it worked for me brilliantly and after spending a fortune prior to using this I was relieved to the point of crying that it worked. The rosacea gradually faded and the acne purged and almost evaporated as the spots dried up and flaked off.
    Several people have reported that zinc oxide and nappy rash cream have helped. I'm not sure what a really good quality brand of zinc oxide cream is to try really.

No zinc oxide in Bepanthen.

It contains:

Aqua, Lanolin, Paraffinium Liquidum, Petrolatum, Panthenol (Dexpanthenol), Prunus Dulcis, Cera Alba, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Glyceryl Oleate, Lanolin Alcohol.

As far as I can remember, there is about 5% active (Panthenol) present.

It always struck me as a strange formulation as the Panthenol is very water soluble yet the product contains a very large proportion of oleaginous material some, at least, of which act as food for Malassezia (if, of course, you go along with that hypothesis).

Bepanthen has been around for a long time and has a very good reputation so it must be right in some respects.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Several people have reported that zinc oxide and nappy rash cream have helped. I'm not sure what a really good quality brand of zinc oxide cream is to try really.
    I like Rosacea Care's Zinco Brand.

Take care!
    Queta
    Last edited by queta; 2nd July 2019 at 02:22 AM. Reason: spelling error
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson