Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Delay between Trigger Food Consumption and Flushing?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Twiggy View Post
    Thank you so much Faux and Scot. Both those answers were very helpful.

Scot is seems like you have quite an interesting array of triggers and I'm intrigued that so many common triggers do nothing for you!

If anyone else has input about triggers and how long they take to make you flush, I would love to hear them!
    Hi Mister Twiggy. My triggers are more of the typical list of aggravation: wind ( even walking in
    A light breeze), SUN, heat, humidity, very cold air, eating too many carbs ( for me that is
    Approximately more than 150 daily), too much coffee, stress-- just feeling emotions deeply--
    Crying( usually run for an ice pack after a good cry), citrus, sugar, spicy foods, alcohol, hot
    Bath or shower, hot food, lighting--especially my eyes.

Most of the reaction to my triggers is evident within a few hours. Some, like a week of too
    Many carbs, may take several days. Usually I know I am on the brink with too many carbs
    Because areas of my face ( cheeks mainly) tingle and burn. My eyes get very dry and my
    Scalp even begins to slightly burn. I know I'm in for a bad flare when my scalp burns very
    Badly. Sometimes I can divert the bad flare by drinking bone broth 3/4 times a day for
    Several days. And at the same time I have just lately discovered, I eat very little. Veggies
    Gluten free bread spread with coconut oil ( toasted) and the broth for at least 3 days.

Also I have to add to the trigger list certain medications and medical procedures: I've had
    Two spine surgeries so these are the ones I reacted to: any muscle relaxer except Valium. All
    Narcotics ( I have to recover without pain meds), anything with codeine, sulpha, some
    Antibiotics. Dental procedures. A lot of it for me is those damn lights. Just went in for a
    Regular cleaning last week and embarrassingly asked for them to "drape" my face with
    One of their heavy paper aprons.. Also wear my own very dark sunglasses as they work on
    Me. ( I just kinda pretend I'm not really there.. Ha). This worked this time as I had no
    Flare just a bit of burn that subsided. I'm sure I provided them with great conversation
    When I left. Hope this helps. Birdie

Awesome, thank you so much for the detailed response Birdie, that was exactly the sort of info I was looking for! It looks like we share a lot of the same triggers.

Default An app to help document triggers and skin reaction time?

Does anyone know of an app(possibly in relation to a different disease)that rosacea sufferers could use to identify food and environment triggers and that would allow us to document the time frame/delay before our faces reflect the impact?

I think scot viking's post said he succeeded in basically eliminating his rosacea with the help of indepth documentation of triggers. My life is so hectic and non routine that it's hard to document the triggers. Though I've done pretty well for years simply by subconscious avoidance I suppose, and trying to eat right.

App would be awesome if I could Just to hit a record button and say the food item when I eat something and the app automatically documents the time or whatever. And maybe reminds me to check 3 times a day or whatever.