Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting info from people who use red light therapy at a gym

Default Interesting info from people who use red light therapy at a gym

Hello:
    Here is a link to a series of testimonials about red light therapy from people who use it at the gym. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the article to see them.

I have decided to give it a try again. I stopped because I thought it might be making my swelling worse but now I wonder if that was related to diet or something else at the time. I'm going to try it. Will post my results.
    Regards,
    Queta

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-red-light-therapy.htm
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default RLT Beginner

Hi Queta,

I am a new poster on this forum, but have been lurking for about a year. I've recently been trying to figure out exactly what my subtype is in an attempt to find the right way to treat it. I was diagnosed 2-3 years ago but have responded very well to antibiotics and diet changes, so it hasn't been a huge concern until recently (when I started to worry about controlling it during important events in my life; I'm 26 and hope to have a wedding and maybe a family in the coming years). I have papules (flat red/dry bumps and very few pustules), but only started to notice flushing about 5 months ago (and it's been fairly mild). I'm not sure if that makes me Subtype1 and Subtype 2 or what!? Oh, and I also have ocular rosacea, but that has been under control with antibiotics.

Anyways, I've read pretty much every post on here in regards to RLT. Diet changes, low dose antibiotics and supplements have been very helpful but I was looking for something more proactive. I'm not sure if it's possible to get ahead of this disorder, but I guess I'm willing to try! I've been using one of IowaDavid's units for the past 4 days (yea I know, I don't have much valuable input to add yet!), and have had a somewhat shaky start! My first two sessions (which were about 6 inches to a foot away from the unit) went great! I could actually feel my skin becoming calmer! Then I decided to move closer (2-3 inches) as well as up my exposure time (5-6 minutes) and do a two-a-day session . I got excited! This proved to be too much, way too fast! I ended up with some flushing, red dry patches and bumps The most noticeable reaction was severely dry eyes! I decided to take a day off and overall, take things MUCH, MUCH slower. Tonight I am going to move back to one foot away and decrease my exposure time to 90 seconds Hopefully I won't do any harm with that! And then slowly increase from there...

I will be following your progress along with my own! I'm a bit nervous that it's just not going to work for me, but I know it's just too early to tell. I did notice in prior posts that you had luck with this treatment before and always wondered why you stopped! Now I know! Just for the record, my nose felt a bit tingly after my sessions too and I wondered what affect that was having. I don't really flush on my nose or get red for that matter (knock on wood), so it very well could be another factor at play (diet or otherwise). Only time will tell!

I wish you the best of luck treating your ocular and other rosacea subtypes with RLT! If anything, I hope to see it improve skin texture and pore size as the article you posted shows there are clear benefits to even non-rosaceans in that aspect.

All the best,

Dana

Hi Dana:
    Thanks for the message! I did try covering my nose with a thick piece of cloth while I do the treatment. I have to admit that so far the red light therapy seems to be good for my skin. Someone complimented on my skin yesterday. My eyes look better, too. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will post my progress. Good luck to you, too. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.
    Take care,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Queta,

So glad you are having such good results with RLT! I knocked my total exposure time back down last night and moved farther away from the unit, and didn't have any adverse reactions this time. I also haven't flushed yet today, which is encouraging.

Do you wear glasses or contacts? This time I also took out my contacts and wore goggles. I use Blink eye drops right after as well. I'm wondering if doing the sessions with contacts in is what caused the initial irritability to my eyes. Just curious! I'll keep up this routine and report back.

Good luck!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Dana4205 View Post
    Hi Queta,

So glad you are having such good results with RLT! I knocked my total exposure time back down last night and moved farther away from the unit, and didn't have any adverse reactions this time. I also haven't flushed yet today, which is encouraging.

Do you wear glasses or contacts? This time I also took out my contacts and wore goggles. I use Blink eye drops right after as well. I'm wondering if doing the sessions with contacts in is what caused the initial irritability to my eyes. Just curious! I'll keep up this routine and report back.

Good luck!

Dana
    I don't wear glasses or contacts. When I use the lamp, I just close my eyes.
    Good luck to you!
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Queta and Dana,

I read this thread with great interest and wanted to ask where you would buy such a light for personal use?

Good luck and look forward to hearing your results

Quote Originally Posted by maroon5 View Post
    Hi Queta and Dana,

I read this thread with great interest and wanted to ask where you would buy such a light for personal use?

Good luck and look forward to hearing your results
    Hello:
    It's been so long ago that I don't remember. I think if you Google it you'll find a company.
    Regards,
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi again,

I had a google and along the way found this article which specifically mentions red light therapy and that it can help with rosacea:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...save-face.html

I found one of the products mentioned in the article very cheaply so have decided to give it a go - why not Will let you know how I get on

Also bought some eye goggles as you guys mentioned them previously, just in case

Great to see some red light feedback again. I can't wait to hear of your progress Maroon and Queta.

Still waiting for it to arrive. Shall keep you posted