Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting info from people who use red light therapy at a gym

How are you doing with the RLT? Are you still using it and does it still improve your skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Samar2000 View Post
    How are you doing with the RLT? Are you still using it and does it still improve your skin?
    Hello:
    I am doing okay. It helps with the texture of my skin (smoother and more uniform in color) but I still struggle sometimes with swelling of the eyelids and cheeks and ocular symptoms. I cover my nose when I use the RL because it seems to make it more flushy. Overall I know it helps but I still need to do other things to keep the rosacea at bay, like watching my diet and eating raw garlic.

Take care,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello Queta,
    I've read a few of your posts regarding your experience with red light therapy and am curious to learn more. As I'm a new member, I'm not able to send a private message, so hopefully you get some sort of notification since this thread is old. Would you be willing to answer some questions for me when you have time? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyd View Post
    Hello Queta,
    I've read a few of your posts regarding your experience with red light therapy and am curious to learn more. As I'm a new member, I'm not able to send a private message, so hopefully you get some sort of notification since this thread is old. Would you be willing to answer some questions for me when you have time? Thanks so much!
    Sure, I can answer some questions.

Take care,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello Queta,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm interested in any thoughts you have on where to seek red light therapy (dermatologists?) or where to buy a red light, brands, prices, etc. I really don't know very much at all at this point and am unsure what to look for in a device. Are you still using red light therapy, and, if so, is it still helping?

Also, if you have the time, I'd be curious what your current rosacea protocol is. You seem to experience some of the same symptoms I do, and I was particularly intrigued by your experience with quercetin. I tried it for awhile, and it seemed to help quite a bit in reducing the stinging and burning sensation, but then I had a flare up seemingly from no where and haven't had e same success with querceting since. Not sure if it can become less effective over time?

Thanks again for your time in responding!

Warmly,

Cyd

Default RLT therapy

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I literally leave the unit right on my face for 30-40 mins/day; sometimes I even take naps with it there. Strangely, I see the red light therapy works wonderfully and I notice/feel/have more and more improvement every single week. I'm 5 + weeks of use now and I couldn't be happier with it--well, that's not totally true, I'd love to just not have to bother with it, but as far as solutions go, I'm quite pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyd View Post
    Hello Queta,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm interested in any thoughts you have on where to seek red light therapy (dermatologists?) or where to buy a red light, brands, prices, etc. I really don't know very much at all at this point and am unsure what to look for in a device. Are you still using red light therapy, and, if so, is it still helping?

Also, if you have the time, I'd be curious what your current rosacea protocol is. You seem to experience some of the same symptoms I do, and I was particularly intrigued by your experience with quercetin. I tried it for awhile, and it seemed to help quite a bit in reducing the stinging and burning sensation, but then I had a flare up seemingly from no where and haven't had e same success with querceting since. Not sure if it can become less effective over time?

Thanks again for your time in responding!

Warmly,

Cyd
    Hello:
    I am so sorry but I don't know the brand anymore. It is nowhere on my unit and I don't remember. I bought it on-line. I stopped using it because for some reason my rosacea has cleared up. I now have a lot of other bad health problems so I am pretty focused on those right now. I stopped the quercetin quite awhile ago because I wasn't sure how good it was for me long term. Sorry I can't be more help!
    Take care,
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson