Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeast/fungal gastrointestinal tract, Probiotics, dead sea salt etc

Default Yeast/fungal gastrointestinal tract, Probiotics, dead sea salt etc

Hi, I'll get straight to the point, I have apparently got seborrheic dermatitis (according to docs), although im still not sure on this as all the pictures ive seen is that it is situated just around the middle regions of the face. However it is all around my face, and stops immedietely where my neck begins if that makes sense (or just below edges of face). So firstly can seborrheic dermatits be all over the face or not? My skin has a constantly tight feeling, no matter what moisturiser I use, is flakey (I can rub my face anywhere and bits will just flake off), unevened toned all over, especially in the light it looks worse and oily also. I did have a test done called the microbia organic acids test and I was found high in arabinose which is a yeast/fungal metabolite - but all others were normal. This was a urinary creatine test, although when going to my GP he said that is can be a very limited test due to being such small trace amounts tested, so many people could have increases/decreases during the day.
    Ive read about the gastrointerstinal tract could be someway related to certain problems in the body with a bad yeast amount in a higher ratio to the good yeast, therefore I may be out of balance (thats what is assumed) and need to balance this out. If this will someway help my skin im not sure, but it cant harm to give it a go anyway, where thats my view anyway.
    So, I should be taking probiotics, and this is where I ask if anyone knows of the best ones in the UK, with high cfu content. I have looked but before I purchase just willy nilly I was wondering if anyone knew of ones that have been good on what you have used/tested previously.
    Also, ive been looking up on the interent, on dead sea mud masks, or dead sea salt to use, once again I would love to hear your experiences of using these and if they are beneficial or not and the best kind to buy. Of course on the internet, they are all amazing with nothing but good things said about them, but I want to get down to the real opinions who are not biased on the benefits and negatives of them.

Sorry if this is all higgledy piggledy, and hope you didnt get lost somewhere in there. If more information is needed if I havent meantioned more specifically, please ask.

Yes seb derm can be all over your face. I have rosacea and seb derm it took time but I now have seb derm all over my face. If I touch my forehead for example all these flakes will show. I've tried many creams from derms and nothing helps it so I avoid putting anything on my skin. I have never tried using Dead Sea salt but I get really paranoid with putting things on my skin because I have no idea how it will react. When did the seb derm start for you? I've had seb derm and rosacea for a bit over a year now. I have seb derm in my eyebrows, hair and on my face. Sorry wish I had more advice for you but seb derm is still a huge mystery for me. This forum is really helpful with getting advice and gaining knowledge about your skin. My skin also looks worse in the light. I'm really sensitive to artificial lights, tv screens or computer screens. Try taking yeast out of your diet and eat healthy. When I was exercising often my seb derm wasn't as bad. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Particular View Post
    My skin has a constantly tight feeling, no matter what moisturiser I use...
    If your seb derm is caused by the Malassezia yeast (which I think is most common), using moisturisers will often make the condition worse because Malassezia is lipid dependent. In other words it needs oil to grow.

There's lots of information on this subject on this forum. I suggest you use the 'advanced search' facility in the box above.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    If your seb derm is caused by the Malassezia yeast (which I think is most common), using moisturisers will often make the condition worse because Malassezia is lipid dependent. In other words it needs oil to grow.

There's lots of information on this subject on this forum. I suggest you use the 'advanced search' facility in the box above.

All the best.
    Sadly if I dont use a moisturiser my skin gets worse, and I have tried without but it was pretty horrible. The moisturiser I use is Paulas choice skin balancing moisture gel, and i occasionly add Doublebase gel for parts that need a little extra. If you can recommend an alternative which might be better, im open to your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by redfacegirl View Post
    Yes seb derm can be all over your face. I have rosacea and seb derm it took time but I now have seb derm all over my face. If I touch my forehead for example all these flakes will show. I've tried many creams from derms and nothing helps it so I avoid putting anything on my skin. I have never tried using Dead Sea salt but I get really paranoid with putting things on my skin because I have no idea how it will react. When did the seb derm start for you? I've had seb derm and rosacea for a bit over a year now. I have seb derm in my eyebrows, hair and on my face. Sorry wish I had more advice for you but seb derm is still a huge mystery for me. This forum is really helpful with getting advice and gaining knowledge about your skin. My skin also looks worse in the light. I'm really sensitive to artificial lights, tv screens or computer screens. Try taking yeast out of your diet and eat healthy. When I was exercising often my seb derm wasn't as bad. Good luck!
    If I was to guess, its been going on for maybe 6 years now unfortunately.

any suggestions on what you feel is the best probiotics products, dead sea salt and dead sea mud?
    Also with the dead sea salt, I wasnt thinking of having it in a bath, but in small quantity in a cup with water I could dab on with a cotton pad, but wasnt sure on the amount of salt to put in to water ration.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, im in the uk and I was advised to use these products because they are "food state" which apparently makes them better for you:

www.cytoplan.co.uk/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Avoiding yeast and wheat definitely helps my skin.

No idea about the seasalt thing I'm afraid

Cheers for the reply maroon5 and the link, here are others I have found, hoping others on here with superior knowledge to me on the subject of probiotics can tell me out of these the good and bad.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...d=4013&cid=243

http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/acidoph...el=&adtype=pla

http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/Healt...FdShtAodOQEAUQ

Also this is the Dead sea salt I have found.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...did=16&bid=222

I could we wrong but I think Dead Sea salt could just be a way to charge you more for sea salt? Just look for natural sea salt with nothing added imo

From looking on this site, Im getting its a teaspoon of the sea salts in a tea cup, with the rest being warm water, then apply with a cotton pad? But not sure on how long I apply it for, or if its a simple rub it in, then off.
    Also has anyone still got any recommendations on the probiotics I should look for or simple advice on what to look for in them.

Once again, thanks for your help.