Thread: Help

Default Help

Hi all, I have had ocular rosacea for years. First they told me eye lid scrubs, that didn't hep. Finally put me on Tetracycline daily. That worked for several years. It stopped working and they put me on minocycline, after several I got dark spots on my face that looked like bruises. Finally figured out it was a side affect of that antibiotic. Then I went Doxycline, that worked fine for another several years. It stopped working. Then Oracea was prescribed. It's basically Doxycycline timed release in a low dose. I've been taking that for about a year. It's no longer working. I have an apot. With the dermatologist next week. I'm hoping that there is another option. It's bad right now. One very interesting thing is that when I travel to a humid place like Hawaii, i take no meds and I have no problem with my eyes. Anyone have any ideas or had the same problem? Any other antibiotics that work. I'm getting worried.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Sounds like you've been treating your symptoms, and not the root cause of the problem, this whole time. I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble.

Theres some excellent research on demodex mites, and ocular rosacea. Specifically, researchers have had a lot of success treating the demodex, and then ocular rosacea, with tea tree oil. See the research here: (http://www.truthlyapp.com/popular?ca...2Ctea+tree+oil)

You should get tested for demodex if you haven't already. If you test positive, definitely go for a tea tree oil treatment like described in the studies. This: http://www.cliradex.com/about.html may be a good product, as it contains the active ingredients in tea tree oil, but I have not tried it nor know anybody that has.

Hopefully that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Weeniedog3 View Post
    Hi all, I have had ocular rosacea for years. First they told me eye lid scrubs, that didn't hep. Finally put me on Tetracycline daily. That worked for several years. It stopped working and they put me on minocycline, after several I got dark spots on my face that looked like bruises. Finally figured out it was a side affect of that antibiotic. Then I went Doxycline, that worked fine for another several years. It stopped working. Then Oracea was prescribed. It's basically Doxycycline timed release in a low dose. I've been taking that for about a year. It's no longer working. I have an apot. With the dermatologist next week. I'm hoping that there is another option. It's bad right now. One very interesting thing is that when I travel to a humid place like Hawaii, i take no meds and I have no problem with my eyes. Anyone have any ideas or had the same problem? Any other antibiotics that work. I'm getting worried.

Chris
    Hello Chris:
    I have had luck with a low sugar diet and eating raw garlic. I also use low level red light therapy for my ocular rosacea. You might want to check out the RLT forum on this site.
    Good luck,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson