Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probiotics Seb.Derm : how long to see results for skin issue?

Hi Maroon,
    I can't speak to whether it helps rosacea. I do know that sea salt soaks is great for general improvement of the skin. I would definitely recommend trying it for rosacea. It's so easy to do, just make sure it's real sea salt, no additives. I also bathe in it since I get mystery rashes on my body and it really has saved my skin. Good luck!

Thanks I'll definitely give the sea salt a go. Wee bit nervous about trying the honey though so will leave that for now. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Jose you didnt mention that you have diarrhea. Or did you and I missed it. Im very curious can you tell me exactly what this diet you were on consisted of which you believe caused the Seb derm?
    I Rory. the diet was one with low carbs..only eat carbs on weekends..stupid decision of my life...then I research and find that bad nutrition can cause vita deficiency...now I am taking Magnesium too, because I read it's a necessary mineral to properly absorb vita d. and, to my surprise, my anxiety after 4 days is better, and I can sleep more.

Quote Originally Posted by vienna4444 View Post
    I tried taking probiotics and have had mixed results. Sometimes it's hard to know what working because you think something is working, then all of a sudden the seb derm comes back.

I hate to sound redundant (some of my advice is seen in other posts) but I have to mention what has worked for me:

First: Raw honey mask - you will see this in the forums, some say use coconut oil, but I would NOT recommend coconut oil. It made my seb derm much more worse. For some it works though. Just simple raw honey (it should be RAW - unfiltered and unprocessed) mixed with a little bit of water (non chlorinated). I do this mask once a week but it can be done every other day until your symptoms subside. Does it work 100%, not always but it certainly allows me to go out and function with out feeling so self conscious. Sometimes it clears and sometimes stubborn patches are left over.

Second: Salt soak/rinses. Pink Himalayan salt is fantastic. Please do not use regular table salt. It has to be real sea salt. Wash your face with it or soak a face cloth in salt water and apply to face. I DO NOT rinse after. I have to say, depending on how bad your flare is, it can sting really bad this usually subsides as the seb derm lessens.

Don't give up hope! This forum has helped me tremendously and we are all in this together…
    thanks for the tips, mate...but I've had my share of topicals...but yeah, guess we all feel the same..try Magnesium Glycinate to calm down...

Quote Originally Posted by maroon5 View Post
    Hi ZeZe I just wanted to say that I feel your pain but keep your chin pointed to the sky

I have felt and often still do feel like you. I think I can't go on and would rather die than have to go on with this condition. But life is precious and I believe we only get one shot at this. Would be a horrible waste to throw it away.

Whenever I feel really down I come on this forum and it always makes me feel better. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one experiencing this and there are always new ideas to try. One day I'm sure we will find something that really helps us.

In relation to this thread, Vienna mentioned a honey mask and using sea salt soaks. Do you know if this also helps with Rosacea?

Good luck
    Hi Maroon. don't know if helps rosacea. guess it's like Rust Cohle from True Detective says: I simply don't have the constitution to commite suicide. I'm with you, bro.

Good show Just started watching it. Only up to episode 4