Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Discouraged -17 days following non purpuric vbeam and skin redder and reactive

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default Discouraged -17 days following non purpuric vbeam and skin redder and reactive

    Many had responded to my last posts after a non purpuric vbeam treatment on feb 12. It's now 17 days post and as the redness has not changed or subsided I'm really beginning to think this is it. It sounds crazy but because I've been so upset I missed a trip my family took to Lego land Thursday in CA on our vacation, ( i opted for a klonipin and slept the day away) and I cant stop crying just wishing I hadn't done the treatment at all, how is it even possible that things are so much redder and more reactive after doing the vbeam, could the laser have caused some type of rebound redness that won't go away? It's so discouraging, I've scheduled another follow up with my laser derm for when I return home from my vacation but what's
    the point. Is it really possible that the redness will subside, and not become permanent. Is it possible to have too many treatments causing more damage? My skin prior to treatment really was not bad at all no broken blood vessels just a light hue of pink and a little blochiness. What have I done

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12
    Country: Romania

    Red face

    Hi Mastro.

    It is not uncommon. Some people who had V-Beam previously have reported their redness/swelling doesn't reside until around week 4.
    Stay positive . And..


    Baby your skin
    Avoid the sun
    Eat healthy
    No hot showers
    Sleep with your head raised on a couple of pillows

    You will be just fine!
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Country: Canada

    Default

    It may still subside. But I did have a bad vbeam once that left me redder and more reactive. You have to give your skin time to heal and try to avoid flushing as much as possible (skin may remain reactive for months from my experience). It's important to reduce any inflammation as well as it seems to create a vicious cycle of flushing/redness.

    The one thing that finally helped me after my bad vbeam was intermittent fasting and calorie restriction as there is some evidence that they can reduce inflammation. I now eat only one (large!) meal at 7:00 pm every day: my flushing has been eliminated completely and my skin is starting to heal as the skin is rid of inflammation. I plan on continuing with this diet until I am convinced the skin has returned to normal.

    ETA: This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for at least 1.5 yrs. Finally decided to join today!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageRedemption01 View Post
    Hi Mastro.

    It is not uncommon. Some people who had V-Beam previously have reported their redness/swelling doesn't reside until around week 4.
    Stay positive . And..


    Baby your skin
    Avoid the sun
    Eat healthy
    No hot showers
    Sleep with your head raised on a couple of pillows

    You will be just fine!
    Good luck

    Thanks for responding with the info. I will definetly follow the recommendations. I've just been so negative, It feels to me like this will be my new skin color "ruddy " I hate to look at my face, it's hard to stay positive especially because my skin wasn't all that bad before. I'm seeing my derm again tomorrow too..he's supposed to b the best in Boston at mass general laser and dermatology, I had no complaints till now. I wonder if it's possible to over do it with the vbeam maybe even causing a flare up from all the heat?

    I just want my skin back to the way it was before the treatment (not perfect but better than it is)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdee View Post
    It may still subside. But I did have a bad vbeam once that left me redder and more reactive. You have to give your skin time to heal and try to avoid flushing as much as possible (skin may remain reactive for months from my experience). It's important to reduce any inflammation as well as it seems to create a vicious cycle of flushing/redness.

    The one thing that finally helped me after my bad vbeam was intermittent fasting and calorie restriction as there is some evidence that they can reduce inflammation. I now eat only one (large!) meal at 7:00 pm every day: my flushing has been eliminated completely and my skin is starting to heal as the skin is rid of inflammation. I plan on continuing with this diet until I am convinced the skin has returned to normal.

    ETA: This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for at least 1.5 yrs. Finally decided to join today!
    Thank u for the info, I've been trying to keep things calm, but I have to say I have had some massive flushing with the burning and I'm afraid to even wash my face as it gets bright red! Never had this happen before either. this sucks. So your skin has recovered finally, back to it's previous state before the vbeam? it's just so bizarre to me because I've had vbeams in the past and they always seem to calm things down now the opposite. Should I stop exercising too for a while until things calm down, I really don't know what's best. I think my husbands gonna kill me because I've been such a freak and can't focus on anything else! I'm all consumed with this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdee View Post
    It may still subside. But I did have a bad vbeam once that left me redder and more reactive. You have to give your skin time to heal and try to avoid flushing as much as possible (skin may remain reactive for months from my experience). It's important to reduce any inflammation as well as it seems to create a vicious cycle of flushing/redness.

    The one thing that finally helped me after my bad vbeam was intermittent fasting and calorie restriction as there is some evidence that they can reduce inflammation. I now eat only one (large!) meal at 7:00 pm every day: my flushing has been eliminated completely and my skin is starting to heal as the skin is rid of inflammation. I plan on continuing with this diet until I am convinced the skin has returned to normal.

    ETA: This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for at least 1.5 yrs. Finally decided to join today!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdee View Post
    It may still subside. But I did have a bad vbeam once that left me redder and more reactive. You have to give your skin time to heal and try to avoid flushing as much as possible (skin may remain reactive for months from my experience). It's important to reduce any inflammation as well as it seems to create a vicious cycle of flushing/redness.

    The one thing that finally helped me after my bad vbeam was intermittent fasting and calorie restriction as there is some evidence that they can reduce inflammation. I now eat only one (large!) meal at 7:00 pm every day: my flushing has been eliminated completely and my skin is starting to heal as the skin is rid of inflammation. I plan on continuing with this diet until I am convinced the skin has returned to normal.

    ETA: This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for at least 1.5 yrs. Finally decided to join today!
    Hi Sdee,

    You had mentioned that your skin remained reactive for months after your treatment, is that correct? It will be 5 weeks tomorrow and my skin is going crazy, still red, and now I am flushing like never before! this is so upsetting, I've been waking up during the night because my face is flushing and then through out the day for no apparant reason...it just flushes, is this what you experienced and if so how long did it last and did you have the flushing too? I was not a big flusher prior to this treatment, it is just so weird that all this came about after the laser treatment (although my doc says it was not the cause)...thank you

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Yes, mine remained reactive for many months. You're only 5 weeks in so I would not think about it until you hit 8 weeks. Mine continued being reactive for at least 3 months (I've stopped getting vbeam because of this). The funny thing is my first vbeam was perfect and I felt it was in remission; I stupidly trusted the doctor that I should have a second treatment 3 weeks later even though I didn't really need it. The second treatment sent my face into a vicious inflammation cycle and gave me flushing (on one side only!?) that I never had before. Thankfully, my flushing has subsided.

    So, just give it more time. 5 weeks is not enough to be concerned yet. Try to flush as little as possible (I know it's hard). Eventually, your skin should return to normal and (hopefully) better than it was before!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    141
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdee View Post
    Yes, mine remained reactive for many months. You're only 5 weeks in so I would not think about it until you hit 8 weeks. Mine continued being reactive for at least 3 months (I've stopped getting vbeam because of this). The funny thing is my first vbeam was perfect and I felt it was in remission; I stupidly trusted the doctor that I should have a second treatment 3 weeks later even though I didn't really need it. The second treatment sent my face into a vicious inflammation cycle and gave me flushing (on one side only!?) that I never had before. Thankfully, my flushing has subsided.

    So, just give it more time. 5 weeks is not enough to be concerned yet. Try to flush as little as possible (I know it's hard). Eventually, your skin should return to normal and (hopefully) better than it was before!


    Hi sdee, Im 14 years old and im going in for a consultation for the vbeam next week, i suffer from flushing rosacea just on my cheeks and have very severe pain that comes with it . Being my age im very nervous for vbeam aha and im trying to get as much information from people who have undergone treatment with it as possible. I was just wondering if you had purpuric or non purpuric settings? When you say your skin was reactive do you mean to the sun, heat, stress etc normal rosacea triggers or things like skin care products? Im also wondering about your fasting diet, and how hard it is to maintain and what do you eat for your big meal at night time? haha i apologise for so many questions but it would mean alot! Thanks in advance xx

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    51
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdee View Post
    Yes, mine remained reactive for many months. You're only 5 weeks in so I would not think about it until you hit 8 weeks. Mine continued being reactive for at least 3 months (I've stopped getting vbeam because of this). The funny thing is my first vbeam was perfect and I felt it was in remission; I stupidly trusted the doctor that I should have a second treatment 3 weeks later even though I didn't really need it. The second treatment sent my face into a vicious inflammation cycle and gave me flushing (on one side only!?) that I never had before. Thankfully, my flushing has subsided.

    So, just give it more time. 5 weeks is not enough to be concerned yet. Try to flush as little as possible (I know it's hard). Eventually, your skin should return to normal and (hopefully) better than it was before!
    Thank you Sdee for all the information. its now been 6 weeks and 4 days since the treatment, I feel much better knowing that this could subside, as I've spent a few "up all nights" stressing about this. My face has never been sooo red, and now i try to control the flushes but they come for no reason at all and sometimes I don't even feel like i'm flushing and then I look in the mirror and there it is the red face. I'm trying to be positive and it helps to hear from others that have experienced the same thing. I can't have the heat above 60 in my house now or i flush, and even then sometimes I do. I've cut out all sugar, carbs, dairy, and wheat but nothing has helped. I even started Clonidine hoping it would help but i cant tell if it's helping or making things worse. AHHHHH! Some days i just have to take a clonopin to calm myself down (thank goodness i work from home). But again than you for taking the time to respond and i hope I heal and the flushing stops as did yours

Similar Threads

  1. Purpuric VBEAM - devastated! Please Help!
    By jlb2010 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 07:32 PM
  2. 2 questions about purpuric Vbeam
    By rosa2011 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 8th June 2013, 12:42 PM
  3. pink skin days after vbeam
    By ath in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th November 2011, 03:16 AM
  4. Hyperpigmentation after purpuric VBEAM
    By badeliots in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14th May 2010, 02:26 AM
  5. My 1st VBeam...with some purpuric
    By Lookout in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 3rd June 2008, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •