Thread: Permanent Diffused Redness and Vbeam? Purpura or no-purpura?

Default Permanent Diffused Redness and Vbeam? Purpura or no-purpura?

I have battled permanent redness all over my face for years. I literally look sunburnt all the time, even in winter. The only place that is white on my face is around my eyes, and it all seems to end right at the jaw line. I am going to see my derm on Friday to talk about trying vbeam vs IPL. It seems that with my issue, vbeam is def the way to go, but we will see what the derm says. If we do go with the vbeam treatments, which do I get, purpura or no purpura? I know the purpura has more downtime, but is more effective. Also, I wanted to add that I do not have visible viens in my face, but I dont know if that matters. Is either better for perm redness without visable viens? Also, I am worried about downtime as well. It seems no purpura heals much quicker, but people are disappointed with the results. I cant take off TOO much time from work, so what is a realistic time frame for downtime if I decided to go with the purpura treatment? Thanks in advance.

I literally got home from my first V-beam treatment 5 minutes ago. I asked the doctor if it would be purpuric or not, and she said that she'd start gentle, with bruising more likely to come in the next 2 treatments.
    I'm not sure if there's any risks involved with going too hard too early?

I believe the downtime would be between 2-3 weeks.

2-3 weeks for no purpura? I have heard 2-5 days! I could be wrong, and everyone is different, but 2-3 weeks is not a possibility for me missing work. Maybe I misunderstood you, you did or did not get purpura treatment?

I just had v-beam treatment a few days ago, look at this topic to see pictures of purpura and healing proces: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...se-(incl-pics)

I've had 2 non-purpuric treatments before purpuric, at settings close to cause bruising, and there was no downtime for me (maybe a few hours or a day, i dont even remember cause it wasnt much) but no results either...

Does your derm own Vbeam and IPL?

I think your derm doesnt want to go for purpuric at first treatment cause he wants to see how your skins react. I would say go for purpuric if you can, but non-purpuric can also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef61 View Post
    I literally got home from my first V-beam treatment 5 minutes ago. I asked the doctor if it would be purpuric or not, and she said that she'd start gentle, with bruising more likely to come in the next 2 treatments.
    I'm not sure if there's any risks involved with going too hard too early?

I believe the downtime would be between 2-3 weeks.
    Do you have pictures of pre and post treatment?
    Last edited by antrax; 27th February 2014 at 02:37 AM.

Sorry for the scare, RedMan. I meant 2-3 weeks for purpura, and 2-5 days for no pupura.

Today was non-pupuric for me, and I did take some before and after photos.