Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt to fight seb derm with exercise haha.

Default Attempt to fight seb derm with exercise haha.

Okay, so I'm back to the regular paleo diet at 50 grams of carbs per day coming from mostly fruits and a small amount of raw honey. I'm going to attempt only washing my face with just water when I need to, then I'm going to make sure I workout every morning. I will also try a non dandruff shampoo/conditoner. My workout routine began 8 days ago, and I've been going everyday. So here it is:

Monday-10 min cycle warmup, shoulders+traps
    Tuesday-10 min cycle warmup, legs
    Wednesday- 30 minute hard mountain type cycle, 10 minute cool down cycle
    Thursday- 10 min cycle warmup, chest+triceps
    Friday- 10 min cycle warmup, back+biceps
    Saturday- 30 min hard mountain type cycle, 10 min cool down cycle
    Sunday- 30 min hard mountain type cycle, 10 min cool down cycle

I am also going tanning for 9/10 minutes every three days(been doing this for a month and have seen little to no improvement from it), and I started taking a vitamin d supplement a few days ago. Being from Canada I should be taking this every winter. Hopefully in a couple weeks when we get away from freezing temperatures I won't need it lol.

Well lets see how this goes haha.

good luck mate but i reckon you'll be craving carbs like crazy with all the extra exercise. it's a dilemma i've faced over the years, wanting to exercise heaps, but feeling like i'm not getting the necessarily fuel to do it because my seb serm is a little better on limited carbs.

Thats awesome dude, but you may want to consider giving your body a break for a day or two. Your body needs to repair and rest.

Thank for the advice. Actually I shouldn't need rest with the setup I have with mixing cardio with strength training. The key will be to eat enough. Benjamin 50 grams of carbs a day won't be a problem after doing under 10 grams a day for 40 days.

Every time I've been trying to exercise the seb derm flares up because of the sweat. It gets really bad. But it seems to work for some. Do you prepare in a certain way before exercising?

Quote Originally Posted by vaucan View Post
    Every time I've been trying to exercise the seb derm flares up because of the sweat. It gets really bad. But it seems to work for some. Do you prepare in a certain way before exercising?
    nah no preparation. Honestly I'm not sure what to expect yet. I should know in the next day or 2 if this can work.

when I work out I get red patches that seem to itch real bad. Is this something other people are experiencing?

I am a big believer in how important cardio and strength training is and kudos to you for starting this program. Make sure to gauge how you are feeling and not to overdo but I do believe exercise is critical for overall good health.

However, I would caution you on the tanning because there are many possible negative side effects from tanning but I leave that for your judgment except to say I would make sure to think long and hard about it.

Best of luck.

Dave moderate exercise is good for SD. It attenuates intestinal dysfunction and increases antimicrobial defense. It is believed that SD improves in the warmer months of the year because of sun exposure killing the fungus. But Tom Busby found a study which shows that malassezia can adapt and eventually overcome UV exposure. It is because we are more active and outgoing during this period of the year which helps SD. SDers suffer from intestinal permeability,Vitamin D deficiency and an imbalance of intestinal microflora. But while moderate exercise can improve intestinal dysfunction,extreme exercise can actually make it worse. Taking Vitamin D is great but I would also encourage you to take probiotics and one teaspoon of L-Glutamine three to four times a day.

How's the exercising going?