Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ocular Rosacea, possible blepharitis, PLEASE HELP

Default Ocular rosaces/blepharitis

I found this site and great info but I see no one has posted since 2014 so hoping that more people will post. Recently diagnosed with ocular rosace and blepharitis...have had problems for 6 months or so. Was told by opthamologist to try Cliridex and to use lubricating eye drops through out day, compresses. Anyone using Cliridex? I am trying to buy them and will have to do so online.

I've used Cliradex and have found it helpful but not a cure all. For me, it is worth the money. Try a very low carb diet, doxy and probiotics.

Thumbs up A product that actually works

I recently found a product called the style'n'clean pen that has really worked wonders for me in relieving my blepharitis and dry-eye complications. I use it in the mornings and evenings to rid my eyes of demodex. If you know blephex it's pretty much the same thing but for individuals instead of treatments. I use an accompanying gel during an after to relieve redness and dryness. I haven't felt this good in a really long while so maybe this can also help others.

Default Ocular Rosacea, MGD

My Opthamologist put me on Tobradex and my eyes felt great while using drops but about a week later right back to square one. Because I also have MGD , she manually released glands but didn't feel much better. So now using steroid eye drops for 2 wks because I also have bad allergies. Right now I use MGD EyeBag for warm compresses 2x day, foam eye cleanser w/tea tree oil in it and hylo-dual eye drops. Lots of mucus when I wake up and some crusting. Irritated, gritty eyes pretty well all day. So diagnosis is Ocular Rosacea, MGD and Blepharitis but not caused by demodex mites. Steroid drops not helping at all. So is next step oral medication? Any opinions appreciated.

Hi Kay, why do you say it's not caused by demodex? Demodex is the usual troublemaker for clogged meibomian glands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Hi Kay, why do you say it's not caused by demodex? Demodex is the usual troublemaker for clogged meibomian glands.
    My Opthamologist said she saw no demodex.

I'm guessing she was looking for cylindrical dandruff, but that's visible only about 60% of the time. Why don't you ask for a script for Soolantra? The only reliable test is to use an anti-demodectic, to see if the signs and symptoms subside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    I'm guessing she was looking for cylindrical dandruff, but that's visible only about 60% of the time. Why don't you ask for a script for Soolantra? The only reliable test is to use an anti-demodectic, to see if the signs and symptoms subside.
    I tried Cliradex wipes which stung like crazy and didn't help and tried a foaming cleanser with tea tree oil which hasn't helped. I thought Soolantra was a cream.

My eye doctor said she couldn't see Demodex. But they can only be seen under a microscope. TTO is the only thing that keeps my eyes looking semi normal.

Yes, Cliradex is about 5% TTO, which will sting like crazy. Soolantra is ivermectin 1%, formulated in Cetaphil cream, so it won't sting. The label says not for use around the eyes, but people have used it that way. Ask your ophthalmologist about it. You can read more about MGD here: http://www.tearfilm.org/tfos_mgd_report.php

You wouldn't think so much happens in the blink of an eye. JK