Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: V beam log - permanent redness cheeks & nose (incl. pics)

Quote Originally Posted by antrax View Post
    Ouch, you only got 5 days? I hope the best for you! please let us know how it went
    Hi Antrax

I started my own thread in this forum looking for general advice/encouragement. I'm on day 3 and still the bruising is pretty dark wine colored. She did my full face and I still have some swelling under my left eye. I'm so nervous about hyperpigmentation or hemosiderin staining. How does your face look now? Did the derm say you do have hyperpigmentation?

As the story always goes, day 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x 100 too early to start worrying about hyper pigmentation.

Quote Originally Posted by antrax View Post
    Ouch, you only got 5 days? I hope the best for you! please let us know how it went
    antrax How are you doing? any progress? Can you update us with picture please?

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    As the story always goes, day 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x 100 too early to start worrying about hyper pigmentation.
    I know. I'm just a worrier and it seems that so many people experience it. I'm going to wait several weeks before making any assumptions but it's still something I'm nervous about.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelassie View Post
    Hi Antrax

I started my own thread in this forum looking for general advice/encouragement. I'm on day 3 and still the bruising is pretty dark wine colored. She did my full face and I still have some swelling under my left eye. I'm so nervous about hyperpigmentation or hemosiderin staining. How does your face look now? Did the derm say you do have hyperpigmentation?
    Don't worry to much, you will fully recover but it just takes time. No, i did not contact my derm cause i'm sure i got hyperpigmentation, but you hardly notice it because my cheeks are red (only if you put a flash on it you can see yellow dots). Stay out of sun!

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by fole25 View Post
    antrax How are you doing? any progress? Can you update us with picture please?
    I'm fully recovered (only little bit hyperpigmentation, hardly noticeable) but unfortunatly i don't see any improvements. I still believe Pulsed Dye Lasers is the way to fight red cheeks cause it helps for many people but it doesn't work for me. Im not going for another treatment cause the downtime is just to long for me without knowing if it works.

What i'm gonna try now:

-Find a good cream to reduce itching/burning, dryness and to make my skin look calm (i know it won't reduce redness)
    -Find something to cover up the rednes a littlebit but mainly make my skin look smooth (must be invisible cause i'm not a woman!)
    -Try melanotan, i want to get a nice tan without much sun exposure (cause thats bad for skin) hopefully this will cover up my red cheeks and i will get more of a brown skin than red. Also it helps with sunburning.
    -Get prescription for flushing/blushing

If you have any suggestions for above-mentioned options, please let me know!!

I'm glad that you've recovered antrax. Sorry you haven't seen any improvement

Laura Mercier SPF 20 tinted moisturizer (oil free) is great for reducing redness and making your skin look smooth. You don't have to use much of it either.
    It comes in 10 different tints, I use the 'nude' tint.

Two things that I'm doing at the moment..

- cutting dairy and gluten out of my diet
    - taking antihistamines

My flushing has improved heaps over the past couple of weeks after changing my diet.
    Before: Greek yoghurt + banana for breakfast = flushing and facial sweating all day (gym and after shower)
    Now: Apple, strawberries and blueberries = minimal flushing and facial sweating (just at the gym)

Apparently Greek yoghurt is high in histamines, which could explain why it causes such an intense reaction with my flushing.
    It also contains casein, which is inflammatory to the gut. Either way I'm avoiding it, and feeling a lot better.

Diet makes a huge difference, and because I'm not flushing as much/severely I feel like my skin is improving.
    I'm less reactive to the usual triggers, such as stress, social anxiety, heat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef61 View Post
    I'm glad that you've recovered antrax. Sorry you haven't seen any improvement

Laura Mercier SPF 20 tinted moisturizer (oil free) is great for reducing redness and making your skin look smooth. You don't have to use much of it either.
    It comes in 10 different tints, I use the 'nude' tint.

Two things that I'm doing at the moment..

- cutting dairy and gluten out of my diet
    - taking antihistamines

My flushing has improved heaps over the past couple of weeks after changing my diet.
    Before: Greek yoghurt + banana for breakfast = flushing and facial sweating all day (gym and after shower)
    Now: Apple, strawberries and blueberries = minimal flushing and facial sweating (just at the gym)

Apparently Greek yoghurt is high in histamines, which could explain why it causes such an intense reaction with my flushing.
    It also contains casein, which is inflammatory to the gut. Either way I'm avoiding it, and feeling a lot better.

Diet makes a huge difference, and because I'm not flushing as much/severely I feel like my skin is improving.
    I'm less reactive to the usual triggers, such as stress, social anxiety, heat etc.
    Thanks!
    I'm happy for you that your flushing improved!
    I'm going to get prescription for flushing, diet did not work for me