Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: V beam log - permanent redness cheeks & nose (incl. pics)

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antrax View Post
    Ouch, you only got 5 days? I hope the best for you! please let us know how it went
    Hi Antrax

    I started my own thread in this forum looking for general advice/encouragement. I'm on day 3 and still the bruising is pretty dark wine colored. She did my full face and I still have some swelling under my left eye. I'm so nervous about hyperpigmentation or hemosiderin staining. How does your face look now? Did the derm say you do have hyperpigmentation?

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Country: United States

    Default

    As the story always goes, day 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x 100 too early to start worrying about hyper pigmentation.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    104
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antrax View Post
    Ouch, you only got 5 days? I hope the best for you! please let us know how it went
    antrax How are you doing? any progress? Can you update us with picture please?

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    As the story always goes, day 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x 100 too early to start worrying about hyper pigmentation.
    I know. I'm just a worrier and it seems that so many people experience it. I'm going to wait several weeks before making any assumptions but it's still something I'm nervous about.

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    95
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelassie View Post
    Hi Antrax

    I started my own thread in this forum looking for general advice/encouragement. I'm on day 3 and still the bruising is pretty dark wine colored. She did my full face and I still have some swelling under my left eye. I'm so nervous about hyperpigmentation or hemosiderin staining. How does your face look now? Did the derm say you do have hyperpigmentation?
    Don't worry to much, you will fully recover but it just takes time. No, i did not contact my derm cause i'm sure i got hyperpigmentation, but you hardly notice it because my cheeks are red (only if you put a flash on it you can see yellow dots). Stay out of sun!

    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    As the story always goes, day 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x 100 too early to start worrying about hyper pigmentation.
    Agree to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by fole25 View Post
    antrax How are you doing? any progress? Can you update us with picture please?
    I'm fully recovered (only little bit hyperpigmentation, hardly noticeable) but unfortunatly i don't see any improvements. I still believe Pulsed Dye Lasers is the way to fight red cheeks cause it helps for many people but it doesn't work for me. Im not going for another treatment cause the downtime is just to long for me without knowing if it works.

    What i'm gonna try now:

    -Find a good cream to reduce itching/burning, dryness and to make my skin look calm (i know it won't reduce redness)
    -Find something to cover up the rednes a littlebit but mainly make my skin look smooth (must be invisible cause i'm not a woman!)
    -Try melanotan, i want to get a nice tan without much sun exposure (cause thats bad for skin) hopefully this will cover up my red cheeks and i will get more of a brown skin than red. Also it helps with sunburning.
    -Get prescription for flushing/blushing

    If you have any suggestions for above-mentioned options, please let me know!!

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    149
    Country: Australia

    Default

    I'm glad that you've recovered antrax. Sorry you haven't seen any improvement

    Laura Mercier SPF 20 tinted moisturizer (oil free) is great for reducing redness and making your skin look smooth. You don't have to use much of it either.
    It comes in 10 different tints, I use the 'nude' tint.

    Two things that I'm doing at the moment..

    - cutting dairy and gluten out of my diet
    - taking antihistamines

    My flushing has improved heaps over the past couple of weeks after changing my diet.
    Before: Greek yoghurt + banana for breakfast = flushing and facial sweating all day (gym and after shower)
    Now: Apple, strawberries and blueberries = minimal flushing and facial sweating (just at the gym)

    Apparently Greek yoghurt is high in histamines, which could explain why it causes such an intense reaction with my flushing.
    It also contains casein, which is inflammatory to the gut. Either way I'm avoiding it, and feeling a lot better.

    Diet makes a huge difference, and because I'm not flushing as much/severely I feel like my skin is improving.
    I'm less reactive to the usual triggers, such as stress, social anxiety, heat etc.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    95
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef61 View Post
    I'm glad that you've recovered antrax. Sorry you haven't seen any improvement

    Laura Mercier SPF 20 tinted moisturizer (oil free) is great for reducing redness and making your skin look smooth. You don't have to use much of it either.
    It comes in 10 different tints, I use the 'nude' tint.

    Two things that I'm doing at the moment..

    - cutting dairy and gluten out of my diet
    - taking antihistamines

    My flushing has improved heaps over the past couple of weeks after changing my diet.
    Before: Greek yoghurt + banana for breakfast = flushing and facial sweating all day (gym and after shower)
    Now: Apple, strawberries and blueberries = minimal flushing and facial sweating (just at the gym)

    Apparently Greek yoghurt is high in histamines, which could explain why it causes such an intense reaction with my flushing.
    It also contains casein, which is inflammatory to the gut. Either way I'm avoiding it, and feeling a lot better.

    Diet makes a huge difference, and because I'm not flushing as much/severely I feel like my skin is improving.
    I'm less reactive to the usual triggers, such as stress, social anxiety, heat etc.
    Thanks!
    I'm happy for you that your flushing improved!
    I'm going to get prescription for flushing, diet did not work for me

Similar Threads

  1. Permanent redness around mouth, sides of nose (10+ years) w/pics
    By sev12424 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 23rd February 2019, 09:33 PM
  2. Can V-beam CAUSE permanent redness?
    By lilbitworried in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27th January 2015, 09:23 AM
  3. is v beam better at eliminating permanent redness or flushing?
    By smackjack22 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th April 2010, 09:53 PM
  4. Bumpy nose, puffy cheeks (pics)
    By bigelow in forum Photos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th November 2009, 08:24 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16th November 2008, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •