Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V beam log - permanent redness cheeks & nose (incl. pics)

Default V beam log - permanent redness cheeks & nose (incl. pics)

Hello,

As first: sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

I have permanent red cheeks & nose (not as much as cheeks) which get very red when i flush/blush.

3 days ago I had v beam, i want to post the progress here to help other people who are considering Vbeam.
    It was my third vbeam, the first two were non-purpuric and did not lead to results, hopefully will this one.

Don't know the all settings but the power was set at 8joules (so pulse duration must be very low cause it left me bruised, right?). Immediately after every shot it started to bruise, a few hours later it started swelling.

Can't wait to see the results, first need to heal now, i have 7 more days to heal, then school starts again..

If there is demand for more pictures i'll add.
    Last edited by antrax; 24th February 2014 at 01:00 PM.

Want to add that on those pics the redness is not good visible, i will post before treatment pic.

I would like to see more pictures.

I go back for another on Friday. I haven't had any bruising the last two treatments. I see that you were in the same boat, having two treatments beforehand without bruising.

Should I ask the laser doctor to increase joules and lower the pulse duration? That causes more bruising?

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I would like to see more pictures.

I go back for another on Friday. I haven't had any bruising the last two treatments. I see that you were in the same boat, having two treatments beforehand without bruising.

Should I ask the laser doctor to increase joules and lower the pulse duration? That causes more bruising?
    Im not a derm ofcourse but:

Where do you get the treatments for? perm. redness/flushing or?
    If you did not see any results or your not pleased with the results you can ask to increase the joules and/or pulse duration. Maybe you can get one purpura test spot first so you can see how you heal from purpura?

Here 2 more pictures:

Left one is unflushed/slightly flushed and on the right one my redness looks extreme because you see every single unevenness (or how do you say that?)

When you decide to go for the purpuric treatment keep in my mind that it takes time to heal so u might take a few days off and you get bored @
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by antrax View Post
    Im not a derm ofcourse but:

Where do you get the treatments for? perm. redness/flushing or?
    If you did not see any results or your not pleased with the results you can ask to increase the joules and/or pulse duration. Maybe you can get one purpura test spot first so you can see how you heal from purpura?

Here 2 more pictures:

Left one is unflushed/slightly flushed and on the right one my redness looks extreme because you see every single unevenness (or how do you say that?)

When you decide to go for the purpuric treatment keep in my mind that it takes time to heal so u might take a few days off and you get bored @
    Good luck.

Thank you for the pictures! I have severe permanent redness on both my cheeks. I saw some results the second one, just not in the bad redness area, I saw some whitening closer to my ears on the side of my face. The worst area (similar spot to your second picture) was not a noticeable change.

I would say my face is worse almost all the time. I have a few really good days where my face looks great, but they're random and I have no idea why.

When you heal it would be awesome to see if theres an improvement. Good luck.
    Last edited by username; 24th February 2014 at 11:39 PM.

Thank you for the pictures! I have severe permanent redness on both my cheeks. I saw some results the second one, just not in the bad redness area, I saw some whitening closer to my ears on the side of my face. The worst area (similar spot to your second picture) was not a noticeable change.

I would say my face is worse almost all the time. I have a few really good days where my face looks great, but they're random and I have no idea why.

When you heal it would be awesome to see if theres an improvement. Good luck.
    I think its, even the treatment did not help so much, a good sign see you some changes. It might be just a matter of increasing the power to achieve your goals? Cause the laser definitaly does something with your bloodvessels.

In my case i dont know yet if the v beam does anything to my bloodvessels cause the last 2 treatments i saw zero difference.

But i got the feeling that this purpuric already helped some, i didnt flush very bad since treatment although i avoid every flushing trigger. I dont expect very much results so i wont be disappointed. A 20% reduction of redness and flushing would be great.

I will let you know when the purpura healed.

I think its, even the treatment did not help so much, a good sign see you some changes. It might be just a matter of increasing the power to achieve your goals? Cause the laser definitaly does something with your bloodvessels.

In my case i dont know yet if the v beam does anything to my bloodvessels cause the last 2 treatments i saw zero difference.

But i got the feeling that this purpuric already helped some, i didnt flush very bad since treatment although i avoid every flushing trigger. I dont expect very much results so i wont be disappointed. A 20% reduction of redness and flushing would be great.

I will let you know when the purpura healed.
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for a session? What country are you in?

Considering the severity of the treatment I would say you're going to need more than 7 days to heal unfortunately.
    Last edited by username; 25th February 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for a session? What country are you in?

Considering the severity of the treatment I would say you're going to need more than 7 days to heal unfortunately.
    I've paid 200 EUR each session and i live in The Netherlands, it's pretty cheap comparing to other countries isn't it? I've heard of prices over 500 EUR in the USA?

It would be nice if it's healed in a week, cause exactly then my school starts again.. but I also know that's gonna be hard..

Maybe a stupid question but the lower the m/s the more bruising right?
    Last edited by antrax; 25th February 2014 at 12:37 AM.

I've paid 200 EUR each session and i live in The Netherlands, it's pretty cheap comparing to other countries isn't it? I've heard of prices over 500 EUR in the USA?

It would be nice if it's healed in a week, cause exactly then my school starts again.. but I also know that's gonna be hard..

Maybe a stupid question but the lower the m/s the more bruising right?
    I was asking you the same thing. I'm not sure about the m/s question.

200 euros = $270 so that seems pretty good.

I pay $400 which is 290 euros, I'm in Canada, as you can see.

I was asking you the same thing. I'm not sure about the m/s question.

200 euros = $270 so that seems pretty good.

I pay $400 which is 290 euros, I'm in Canada, as you can see.
    Hmm.. maybe someone else here can give answer to that.
    290EUR is reasonable, but at the end money is not the matter for me if it works.. I didn't even think about money waste when I had 2 treatments without results, i only was thinking about further options for results.