Thread: P&P Rosacea- help! I have tried sooo many things!

Default P&P Rosacea- help! I have tried sooo many things!

Hi everyone,

I am a new member on the forum. I have been suffering with p&p rosacea for about 8 months. I thought it was acne at first, but symptoms have gotten worse and I'm 99% sure it's rosacea. I have tried a bunch of different things to eliminate rosacea... it has been very frustrating to say the least!

1. I got the IgG food intolerance test and it turns out I'm intolerant to eggs, all dairy, almonds, and all kinds of yeast (so no bread for me!). I have done an excellent job at not eating the foods I'm intolerant to. I thought this would clear up the rosacea symptoms but it only improved them slightly... so I am still trying to figure out what my body is reacting to. My naturopath said that it could also be food sensitivities (IgE antibodies- which are the same antibodies as the ones associated with a regular food allergy but the symptoms are delayed and not as extreme i.e. rosacea). I would get the test done but I'm currently an unemployed college grad and don't have the money to spend. (The test is over $300 unfortunately)

I also started taking probiotics and fish oil supplements (Omega-3) plus Milk Thistle (to help out my liver)

2. The second thing I did was eliminate almost all caffeine by switching to decaf coffee a couple of weeks ago. I was a coffee ADDICT and didn't want to give up the taste of coffee. The rosacea got a little better, but nothing too noticeable.

3. I went on a 3 day juice fast last weekend where I only drank juice (made from my juicer) for 3 days. The rosacea improved slightly, but (sigh...) after the fast I still had red checks and bumps on my cheeks and forehead. Soooo frustrating!

4. I have officially given up coffee (including decaf) and have been drinking chai in the morning with coconut milk.

5. I am going to start a combination diet that is similar to the Auto-Immune Paleo Diet.
    -Paleo diet
    -Remove nightshade foods
    -Remove FODMAPs
    -limit insoluble fiber
    -probiotics
    -glycine-rich foods
    -Taking HCl supplement with meals for low stomach acid

I just started all of this a few days ago... so I will report back if I get positive results. Not sure how long it will take to notice either... Anyone have experience with this type of diet? I am DETERMINED to figure out what his causing my rosacea symptoms!

Welcome to the forum. I know how frustrating it can be to try everything only to be disappointed with the results. I've tried all of the elimination diets with some results but never totally cleared my P&Ps. The most successful thing for me has been sodium sulfacetamide / sulfur lotion which I apply each night. I also got clearing from low dose accutane but I couldn't tolerate the medication and had to stop using it.

-Dave-

Thanks for the advice! I bought some tea tree oil and am going to give it a try... I usually wash my face with coconut oil but I've heard that the tea tree oil has helped some people.

Quote Originally Posted by tday View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I bought some tea tree oil and am going to give it a try... I usually wash my face with coconut oil but I've heard that the tea tree oil has helped some people.
    I'd go easy on the Tea Tree oil until you know how you're going to react to it, it's pretty strong stuff and can burn the skin if used too often or in too strong a concentration.

Hiya,

I've been suffering from these horrible inflamed red bumps for several years now (cheeks, forehead, nose, between my eyebrows), but have just managed to get them under control.
    Here's what I've done, it's a combo that appears to be working.

1) Cleansing my face with raw honey morning and night, and applying a honey mask every 2nd or 3rd day in the evening for 3 hours. In Australia a kilo of raw honey is only about $10.

2) Norseld Y-lite laser - It's been nearly 2 weeks since my 5th treatment (total of 6) and my skin is actually 98% clear of bumps. Walk in, 10 minute treatment, walk out, no downtime.

3) Finacea gel - After using this for the past 2 months I've found it really takes the inflammation and sting out of the bumps.

I also use a moisturizer/sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
    I have spent so much money on fancy skin care products, but this trio has significantly improved the bumps on my face.

Good luck

Default Pp

few things that work for me:

1. from this moment on you're officially diabetic and lactose intolerant. meaning no sugar or milk products of any kind.

2. finacea gel. the bees kness for p&p rosacea.

3. here's a tip that I don't see very often on these forums: depending on the nature of your flareups, but if you're anything like me and a flareup results in 1 or 2 deep painful papules then you can take ibuprofen. must be taken with food but I find if I take them early enough and often enough you can stop break outs in their tracks. for the record though you shouldn't rely on this, this is if all else fails, because large quantities of ibuprofen isn't good for stomach or liver.