Thread: Fish Oil Trial

Default Fish Oil Trial

Hello:
    I have been taking fish oil for the past several weeks to see if it helps with my rosacea symptoms. My symptoms are primarily swelling, red and swollen eyes, and orange peel texture. I think it is helping my skin texture. A few days ago, my friend commented that my skin "looks really good and smooth." I hope that she is right. I started the fish oil after reading research on the effects of fish oil on ocular rosacea. Anyway, I will post my results on this thread. I am taking quite a bit...six 1000 mg capsules a day.
    Regards,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I tried this a few years ago and didn't really find they helped me dramatically personally. But everyone says omega oils are good for the skin so stick with it for a few months and let us know if you notice any difference

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep it up for at least two months and let you know. Right now I am cautiously optimistic.
    Regards,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Eye twitch

Hello:
    I was taking quite a bit of fish oil (6000 mg per day) religiously for six weeks. My skin texture, swelling, and ocular symptoms did seem to improve. However, I developed an eye twitch on the lower part of my right eye. I was very concerned. I stopped the fish oil in case it was the problem. Now I am thinking of switching to 3000 mg of flax oil daily. Will keep you posted.
    Regards,
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

This user has been banned from this forum

Emmmm i just want to say you here that millions of Americans take fish oil supplements to promote heart and vascular health. But a new analysis suggests that some consumers may not always get what they are paying for.

Fish oil also aids in weight loss process. Research conducted by Professor Peter Howe at the University of South Australia has shown that fish oil improves the efficacy of exercise in reducing weight. Volunteers who were given fish oil diet showed greater weight loss as compared to those who did not consume fish oil diet.