Thread: Skin texture awful: Porous AND crepey!

Default Skin texture awful: Porous AND crepey!

Hi there, I haven't posted on here for ages because I have managed to get my rosacea flushing under control with a variety of treatments including coconut oil (topical) and starflower oil (oral).

I still flush but not as badly or as frequently and my main trigger is now stress (work meetings, etc).

BUT I am 42 in July and in absolute despair over my skin's texture. It looks so awful and it really makes me feel self conscious. It's sort of crepey and lined with horrible open pores - mainly on the cheeks and nose. I know it's ageing skin too but I know that the rosacea has added to the horrible texture.

Like most people on here, I've tried so many different lotions and potions over the years. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can improve and smooth out my skin? I'm even considering some sort of laser but would be scared of making the rosacea worse?

Many thanks in advance!

I don't have an answer but I can sympathize what you're describing. Ever since I developed rosacea less than 2 years ago my skin has also become very porous and lined and I look like I have aged quite a bit. I am 32. It has destroyed my self confidence. I've started doing red light therapy because I've read about it helping people with their skin texture but I think it's too early to tell anything yet. I've read about laser causing similar texture issues too but it has helped others so it may be a gamble. Hopefully someone will have some good advice because I need some too!

Hello you two!

I found a real difference when using RLT (the red/infared one); sadly I personally had to discontinue because of my rosacea type, but I really did see a marked improvement
    in the texture and plumpness of my skin.

I now use Decleor Harmonie range of skincare products and they are amazing!

After 12 years with this ***** disease I am beginning to think (pray) that it is in remission.

Good luck!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default re

have you tried oracea yet?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckoftheIrish View Post
    Hi there, I haven't posted on here for ages because I have managed to get my rosacea flushing under control with a variety of treatments including coconut oil (topical) and starflower oil (oral).

I still flush but not as badly or as frequently and my main trigger is now stress (work meetings, etc).

BUT I am 42 in July and in absolute despair over my skin's texture. It looks so awful and it really makes me feel self conscious. It's sort of crepey and lined with horrible open pores - mainly on the cheeks and nose. I know it's ageing skin too but I know that the rosacea has added to the horrible texture.

Like most people on here, I've tried so many different lotions and potions over the years. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can improve and smooth out my skin? I'm even considering some sort of laser but would be scared of making the rosacea worse?

Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckoftheIrish View Post

Many thanks in advance!
    Me too, I'm 30 and have lived with permanent redness since I was a teenager. Now i'm using Mirvaso, and antibiotics did some good. It's more a pinkness now and does make me want to address the pores/thickened skin. I'm planning on getting some fractional CO2 lasering done; seems the best route to go. The fractional laser leaves tiny 'bridges' of untouched skin compared to the full CO2, so you've got around 12 days down time apparently. The older tech would be closer to 4 weeks or so.

Default Tto

If you haven't tried tea tree oil already it just might cure all that.

I think you should try out some face primers to smooth and even out your skin then apply foundation..etc. The only good MAC foundation that I've heard that is the best is the newest one Prolong Wear. You should try it. The rest breaks people out a lot...