Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent redness around mouth, sides of nose (10+ years) w/pics

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    There seems to be so many people on the internet asking for help, but not finding a solution for this extreme, temporary redness when smiling, eating, yawning etc. Although Soolantra got rid of my rash, I still get this redness whenever stressing the skin around my mouth. It seems to have gotten better, though, with Soolantra, but it is far from gone. God...
    I have the same issue, no redness anywhere but around mouth... I call it redness because the pigment of it is different from my cheeks or anywhere else on my face. Besides a baseline redness tint, it is directly proportional to how much the skin is stretched. If I open my mouth all the way wide it will go bright red, if I open slightly less red.

Dermatologists 3 of them disregarded it as anything and just gave me 0.5 hydrocortisone w/ antibiotics. Its been 7 months and thats roughly 7 skin cycles so it should have improved but has not.

I am thinking broken capillaries + skin thinning? Anything think maybe Vitamin C Serum with Matrixyl 3000 Brightens Skin Rebuilds would help?

Unfortunately I am a physical therapy student with clinicals starting so trying Laser now or even anything else is probably not wise as making it worse will just make me quit the program. Just getting by.

Maybe someone can try laser? or even Vitamin C Serum with Matrixyl 3000 Brightens Skin Rebuilds and report back results?

I hope we can find a cure.

Hm, sorry to hear that you too are affected. I'm sceptical about putting anything new on my skin now, especially these 'beauty products', but if somebody can vouch for a cream for sensitive skin with e.g. Matrixyl 3000, then hey...

My laser derm said he only could use laser on visible blood vessels. My blood vessels are not visible around mouth, so I'm not sure laser would work.
    Last edited by rednessator; 16th April 2017 at 07:06 AM.

Hm, sorry to hear that you too are affected. I'm sceptical about putting anything new on my skin now, especially these 'beauty products', but if somebody can vouch for a cream for sensitive skin with e.g. Matrixyl 3000, then hey...

My laser derm said he only could use laser on visible blood vessels. My blood vessels are not visible around mouth, so I'm not sure laser would work.
    Maybe you can ask your derm, I know I am fed up with them, even though I may keep booking appointments till I fix it. Even if it requires cosmetic surgery. I have a gf, studying blah blah you name it, but my whole life is consumed by this. Even if no one is bothered by it I am looking like a muzzle dog. [END OF RANT]

So I have personally tried: Protopic (180$) med, hydrocortisone, any moisturizer, ketokonazolone (anti fungal), all antibiotics including pills. There is nothing left on the market for inflammation.

So I believe it is skin thinning + rosacea or blood leaking due to capillary damage that is not visible. That's why I was thinking of using matrxyl and I just might. Maybe matryxl coupled with vitamin C. Vitamin C to restore skin color and matrxyl for collagen formation?

Default Update

I think it's dilated blood vessels for me... especially on the top half cause I can see telangiectasias. I am going to try pyratine xr and if that doesn't work I will likely try lasers. If anyone tries lasers let me know how it works. This sucks but I think we will get thru it

Personally I think something is causing the dilated vessels, and this is what we have to target. A lot of things can cause dilated vessels. I thought I found the culprit when I started Soolantra and had a severe reaction, but it's been in the same state for about 8 weeks now, although better than 3-4 months ago. Weird thing is that around May last year my redness disappeared, and did not come back until I started Soolantra approximately 6 months later. My hypothesis was that this was connected to demodex somehow, but now I'm beginning to wonder if my 6 months 'good period' could be attributed to more sun exposure, something in my sunscreen (I use physical sunscreens), or something else... and I have severe scalp redness with occasional pimpes and eye problems as well, and this might be connected.

Also, I think this also could be connected to bacteria / demodex inside nose. I've noticed pustules reoccuring just within my nostril.

Personally I think something is causing the dilated vessels, and this is what we have to target. A lot of things can cause dilated vessels. I thought I found the culprit when I started Soolantra and had a severe reaction, but it's been in the same state for about 8 weeks now, although better than 3-4 months ago. Weird thing is that around May last year my redness disappeared, and did not come back until I started Soolantra approximately 6 months later. My hypothesis was that this was connected to demodex somehow, but now I'm beginning to wonder if my 6 months 'good period' could be attributed to more sun exposure, something in my sunscreen (I use physical sunscreens), or something else... and I have severe scalp redness with occasional pimpes and eye problems as well, and this might be connected.

Also, I think this also could be connected to bacteria / demodex inside nose. I've noticed pustules reoccuring just within my nostril.
    I gave up I don't knwo anymore, I can go see another dermatologist and it won't matter. If hydrocortisone can't help it probably nothing will. Ill just live with a redness around my mouth and be me I guess. Gl to you guys. And gl to me when someone makes fun of me.

Dont give up. Stay here. Someone will figure something out. We have to try to crack the code together. If we are trying to crack the same code, that is.

Recap:
    So, I've been applying Soolantra on the perioral area for 4.5 months now. Skin looks good if I do not stress it, e.g. eat, yawn, smile etc. Underlying issue is not cleared. So, maybe this is not demodex after all.

Anyway, I bought a minoxidil foam two days ago to try to grow a beard in this area (over time, to hide the redness and my melasma), but it made me break out with very red skin in the perioral area after a day of use. Rest of the face where I applied the foam got a little dry, but no reaction apart from that whatsoever. So maybe this is indeed a thin skin issue. Ordered a dermaroller yesterday, to try to increase skin thickness.

There are so many people in this thread saying they have the exact same thing, and then just leave after one or two posts. It is so f annoying that we cannot try to fight this together...

Default same issue

hey all,

im experiencing the exact same thing.. i will get a pic uploaded as soon as i can. im getting spider vein treatment but the person who is doing it suspects my redness isnt all from the veins