Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent redness around mouth, sides of nose (10+ years) w/pics

Default Red chin and melasma

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    I also have developed this redness in the exact same area after I started on Isotretinoin. I've used the MCT cream you make containing piroctone olamine, if I remember correctly, and I've used that every day for 5 months now, without any effect on the redness in this area.
    Curiously, I also have developed melasma in this exact area, starting 9 months ago.
    I have the exact same thing. Tried lasers, hydroquoinone and retin a without success. In fact hydroquoinone and retin a irritated it more. Finecea seems to be working. It is probably 50 percent better at week 9. However I have to use it with cethaphil mosturizer as well. I am seeing my 4th dermatologist next week...to hopefully get an answer and diagnosis. Could be rosacea, melasma, hyper-pigmentation. Will post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise7007 View Post
    I have the exact same thing. Tried lasers, hydroquoinone and retin a without success. In fact hydroquoinone and retin a irritated it more. Finecea seems to be working. It is probably 50 percent better at week 9. However I have to use it with cethaphil mosturizer as well. I am seeing my 4th dermatologist next week...to hopefully get an answer and diagnosis. Could be rosacea, melasma, hyper-pigmentation. Will post again.
    Did you find anything out from the new dermatologist you visited? Just wondering because I feel like there is nothing left to try.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornChamP View Post
    Hey guys/girls, I suffer from the same thing. One thing that keeps it under control is Novo-Minocycline.

Stop using hydrocortisone, protopic or anything else.

I also use baby oil w/ vitamin E and aloe to keep it moist or sometimes just regular vaseline. It appears the area is clearly a layer thin but I find novo-minocycline helps with the redness and prevents embarrassment.

Good luck!
    What is Novo-Minocycline normally given for? I see it is an antibiotic...

Default novo minocycline

The cycline class of antibiotics is known for its strong anti-inflammatory effects along with its ability to kill bacteria. In this case, it would be used for its anti-inflammatory properties. You need a prescription to get it though.

Default Have you found some answers?

Quote Originally Posted by ;323140
    I have exactly the same. Eating, yawning, smiling - basically anything involving facial expressions - makes that area red. It is like the skin is completely inelastic and "breaks apart" when stretched.
    *puzzled*
    Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I think that I'm going through the very same thing and sadly, have not had any luck with any specific diagnosis from any of the five dermatologists that I have visited. I was wondering if you had any new information or experiences that you could share with me? Thank you!

Default Did they have you try anything?

I haven't found anything yet. Did any of the dermatologists you visited have you try anything (medication lr treatment) that didn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by jdog2470 View Post
    The cycline class of antibiotics is known for its strong anti-inflammatory effects along with its ability to kill bacteria. In this case, it would be used for its anti-inflammatory properties. You need a prescription to get it though.
    Ok, thanks! Sounds like a non-permanent solution, if you dont wanna be talking antibiotics forever, or?

UPDATE:
    My redness, in the area we are talking about, disappeared in the summer months. It came back some months back from now, August, September, can't remember.

I've gotten Soolantra against redness on my nose (rosacea type 1), and it actually seems to be working (on my 6th week or something), so I'll try to use the Soolantra against this crap as well.

Default scars from seb derm?

Quote Originally Posted by wahn_mui View Post
    Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I think that I'm going through the very same thing and sadly, have not had any luck with any specific diagnosis from any of the five dermatologists that I have visited. I was wondering if you had any new information or experiences that you could share with me? Thank you!
    Me too. I have red spots on my upper lip area that are distended. Previously, these red spots were diagnosed as symptoms of seb derm, and would flake and then clear upon application of ketoconazole (anti-fungal) and/or desonide (steroid). However, after a few years of treatment, they now appear to be permanent. I've since stopped using any steroid creams, and tried a couple rounds of vbeam and every cream/lotion/wash/mask with no success. Currently on an IPL treatment plan, and getting round 3 next week - haven't seen any/much improvement though.

The distention appears to be a critical element, but only one derm has acknowledged/commented on it - that was a few years ago, and I'll probably consider seeing him again if the IPL fails.

I've tried Soolantra for a month now, no effect