Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent redness around mouth, sides of nose (10+ years) w/pics

Bumping this thread because I have something very similar. Like OP, my "perioral" area gets more red when I smile. It's often dry and red after after doing anything with my face really. I've been told I have a case of mild rosacea, but I'm not entirely convinced it's just that. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it is.

My picture:

Default Same exact thing

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    Bumping this thread because I have something very similar. Like OP, my "perioral" area gets more red when I smile. It's often dry and red after after doing anything with my face really. I've been told I have a case of mild rosacea, but I'm not entirely convinced it's just that. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it is.

My picture:
    I have literally the same exact thing as all of you. Started about a year and a half ago and I believe it was due to overuse of lotions, toothpaste, nasal spray, etc.. Started near corners of nose and just next to my lip. Although subtle, it is an incredibly stubborn skin condition and affects my confidence at almost all times. I hate it. I've been diagnosed as seborrheic, then perioral, then seborrheic again, then rosacea, all by different derms. I'm totally convinced its perioral but nothing has seemed to have any positive affect. Have y'all figured anything out yet?

Default i have the same

I am bumping this thread. Since I think I have the same.
    It gets red very easily and the color is sorta orange green, Just like the second picture the OP posted.
    Have anyone found a solution to this?

I have similar and there is solution (partially) - grow a beard. I am not saying long but a week one (3-5 mm). It really covers redness and white area around mouth.

Default Same here

I too have all the same symptoms as everyone else. Someone needs to figure this out because I have tried everything.

Try a product with piroctone olamine.

Quote Originally Posted by cjocarro View Post
    ...I believe it was due to overuse of lotions, toothpaste, nasal spray, etc.. Started near corners of nose and just next to my lip...
    I feel it might be worth looking at the ingredients in your oral hygiene products. I am allergic to cocamides and you often find cocamidopropyl betaine in toothpaste - it lathers it up.

Here's an interesting link about that sort of thing: http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/t...reactions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Try a product with piroctone olamine.
    I also have developed this redness in the exact same area after I started on Isotretinoin. I've used the MCT cream you make containing piroctone olamine, if I remember correctly, and I've used that every day for 5 months now, without any effect on the redness in this area.
    Curiously, I also have developed melasma in this exact area, starting 9 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post

My picture:
    I have exactly the same. Eating, yawning, smiling - basically anything involving facial expressions - makes that area red. It is like the skin is completely inelastic and "breaks apart" when stretched.
    *puzzled*

Hey guys/girls, I suffer from the same thing. One thing that keeps it under control is Novo-Minocycline.

Stop using hydrocortisone, protopic or anything else.

I also use baby oil w/ vitamin E and aloe to keep it moist or sometimes just regular vaseline. It appears the area is clearly a layer thin but I find novo-minocycline helps with the redness and prevents embarrassment.

Good luck!