Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Candida diet.

Default Anti-Candida diet.

Hi Everyone,

Last time I was here I tried the raw honey treatment for my seb derm, and it didn't help too much.

I have been on the paleo diet for about 2 months now, and it hasn't really helped my seb derm, but I've decided to at least try everything I can to determine if the problem is Candida related for a month and see what happens. I have been eating a small amount of fruits, but for this experiment I will have 0 sugar except for raw almonds and cashews that I eat, which do contain a very small amount of sugar. I will also be doing a 15 day candigone cleanse, and I should have it today or tomorrow, I will also be taking probiotics for Candida, it is a product from organika I should also get this today or tomorrow. I will also be taking 1 tablespoon of coconut oil(antifungal) in about 2 cups of peppermint tea(antifungal) and possibly nettle leaf tea that I just started yesterday.

I will be having no alcohol, grains, dairy, caffeine, practically no sugar, this won't be hard as I'm pretty much doing this as it is besides the eating of fruit.

I will post here next when I officially start, any comments or suggestions please reply.

Default It begins

I just checked the mail and I have received everything that I will need. So I guess tonight will be the starting point.

January 15 evening - February 15 evening

I will try my best to give daily updates. I forgot to mention that I also use head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner,which helps keep my scalp and facial dermatitis under control. This is what I deal with.

Rory found an interesting medical article that clearly connects seb derm to low Vitamin D levels. http://ssm.mu-varna.bg/index.php?opt...t=1&Itemid=238 Itís the first medical article that shows a connection between diet and seb derm.

Information about Vitamin D http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vit...hProfessional/ shows we should eat wild salmon three times a week, be outdoors 20 minutes a day, and take Vitamin D3 supplements.

I've decided to have no cashews as well, if by any chance it could exasperate candida I won't take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Rory found an interesting medical article that clearly connects seb derm to low Vitamin D levels. http://ssm.mu-varna.bg/index.php?opt...t=1&Itemid=238 Itís the first medical article that shows a connection between diet and seb derm.

Information about Vitamin D http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vit...hProfessional/ shows we should eat wild salmon three times a week, be outdoors 20 minutes a day, and take Vitamin D3 supplements.
    I actually focused directly on vitamin d for a pretty long time and did not see an improvement in my seb derm. I'm sure for some people it may be caused by vitamin d deficiency though.

Tom I was confused when you said the anti-candida diet is impossible in another thread when I have followed it exactly, except for allowing a very small amount of fruits. This has been pretty darn easy to do. Being a vegetarian would be much more difficult imo.

Well davie08, I was making an observation that people don't stay on the anti-candida diet very long -- an observation about human nature in general rather than you personally. Maybe it's the lack of sugar that ends it for most people, but you have that under control. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Well davie08, I was making an observation that people don't stay on the anti-candida diet very long -- an observation about human nature in general rather than you personally. Maybe it's the lack of sugar that ends it for most people, but you have that under control. Good work!
    Okay I see what you mean. Social situations where people are eating those foods is probably the largest reason for people failing to stick with it. I have to make sure I eat a good meal before anything like that. Although the paleo diet has curbed my appetite down quite a bit.

Default Accutane likely caused my seb derm

It was when I took and came off accutane that I developed seb derm, so I think this must be a correlation. Tom I also found some research on vitamin D and its importance, so I will supplement with that as well, along with everything else I'm doing. I'm actually glad I found accutane kills off good bacteria along with bad bacteria. This makes me feel more positive that it's created an imbalance in my gut flora. We'll see how the bad bacteria likes no sugar, coconut oil, peppermint tea, the candida cleanse products, and probiotics designed for candida haha.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm exercising on a regular basis, and my stress levels have lowered.

I wasn't sure about Nicotinamide having antifungal ability. Until I read this.

Inhibitory effect of nicotinamide on enzymatic activity of selected fungal strains causing skin infection.
    Ciebiada-Adamiec A, Małafiej E, Ciebiada I.
    Author information
    Abstract

Pathogenicity of fungi is connected with their ability to easily penetrate the host tissues, survive in the infected host organism and use the elements of the host tissues as nutrients. Hence, the co-occurrence of pathogenic properties with the high enzymatic activity, which is manifested through the production of various enzymes including extracellular enzymes, was observed. It can be expected that it is possible to decrease fungal pathogenicity by lowering their enzymatic activity. The aim of the study was to determine the effect of nicotinamide on enzymatic activity of the fungi, which are most frequently isolated in cases of skin infection. Enzymatic activity was analysed using 15 Candida albicans, 15 Trichophyton rubrum and 15 Trichophyton mentagrophytes strains. The strains used for the study were collected from the current diagnostic material. API ZYM tests were used in diagnostic analysis. MICs of nicotinamide were determined by the macrodilution method in liquid medium. In the case of Candida strains, the presence of nicotinamide in the broth had a significant effect on the decrease of enzymatic activity (P < 0.05) of esterase (C4), esterase lipase (C-8), valin-arylamidase, acid phosphatase and alpha-glycosydase. A considerably stronger effect of nicotinamide was observed in the case of dermatophytes (P < 0.005). Its action led to a decrease in the activity of all the enzymes under study except alpha-glucosidase produced by T. rubrum strains. Thus, nicotinamide exhibited biological activity towards C. albicans, T. rubrum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes, which resulted in a decrease in the activity of enzymes produced by the fungi.